Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. (3045 Views)

Facebook Added Dark Mode Feature: This Is Awesome / Apple Plans To Use Its Own 5G Modem In 2022 Iphones / Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by ogatechy: 2:46pm On May 30, 2022
Apple may be working on an Always-on display feature for the upcoming iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max lock screens.
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 30, 2022
i have about $2k in my amazon acc so i can get it the very min it drop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by ogatechy: 2:54pm On May 30, 2022
Ferrytech:
thats nice which one are you getting? pro or pro max

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 30, 2022
ogatechy:

thats nice which one are you getting? pro or pro max
any one the cash can cover
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by offset67(m): 3:42pm On May 30, 2022
With a 2945mah battery undecided

10 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 30, 2022
offset67:

Pls shut up

Everything isn't about battery Mr Infinix fanboy

8 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by masterfactor(m): 5:00pm On May 30, 2022
Features wey android niggars don dey flex since 10 years ago na wetine apple dey advertise like say na them start am. If you look well there is no difference between trassion users and isheep users

19 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by offset67(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Pls shut up

who is this fool?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by martinz1: 6:42pm On May 30, 2022
May they kukuma write Samsung on their phone
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by NinjaXmetahuman: 7:41pm On May 30, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Pls shut up

did he lie though?

10 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by wiseone28: 8:38pm On May 30, 2022
offset67:
iphone not for country without light cheesy
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by emakind(m): 9:25pm On May 30, 2022
That will still stand the test of time more than your 10000mah android battery..
offset67:

1 Like

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by MrMcJay(m): 9:52pm On May 30, 2022
Always on wey my Galaxy Fold 2 get since how many years.
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by truthCoder: 12:42am On May 31, 2022
offset67:

Android powerbank spotted
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by truthCoder: 12:43am On May 31, 2022
masterfactor:
Features wey android niggars don dey flex since 10 years ago na wetine apple dey advertise like say na them start am. If you look well there is no difference between trassion users and isheep users

Do you even know the meaning of always on?

Do you think it’s about just keeping a screensaver on?

Dey use google sometimes before you expose your ‘bushility’ online o
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by truthCoder: 12:48am On May 31, 2022
MrMcJay:
Always on wey my Galaxy Fold 2 get since how many years.

Does your samsung drop refresh rate to 1hz? Does it have LTPO?
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by truthCoder: 12:53am On May 31, 2022
Thats how android fanboys would be saying they have face unlock.

Face unlock on android is different from face unlock on Iphone. And no, its not the same technology.

Iphone has always on display on the Apple watch starting from series 5.

This uses an LTPO technology that drops the refresh rate to 1hz from 120hz.

This not just about putting a clock on your screensaver. This is not about AMOLED. It’s about refresh rate.

Ceteris paribus, if your phone screensaver is on at 120hz or 60hz and the iphone screensaver is on at 1hz, it means a drop in idle power consumption by a factor of 120 or 60.

This is an interesting addition to iphone 14 and saves the battery further.

7 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by truthCoder: 12:54am On May 31, 2022
masterfactor:

Just continue to give yourself hope like Dele Momodu
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Badb0y4lyf(m): 1:11am On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:

Bro shut it even my Sam Note 10 has it iPhone has always been last in every thing from water resistance, to wireless charging to fast charging to 5G to Screen mirror to even 120Hz screen refresh rate that you are shouting on top them never even dream of using foldable screen just to mention a few. I’m using both phone and iPhone can never be as productive as Samsung.

11 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Badb0y4lyf(m): 1:15am On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:

Tech that Samsung used in S21 they even brought the technology first.

5 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by railone(m): 1:18am On May 31, 2022
Badb0y4lyf:

Bro shut it even my Sam Note 10 has it iPhone has always been last in every thing from water resistance, to wireless charging to fast charging to 5G to Screen mirror to even 120Hz screen refresh rate that you are shouting on top them never even dream of using foldable screen just to mention a few. I’m using both phone and iPhone can never be as productive as Samsung.

tell me you don't use both without telling me you don't use both

2 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by truthCoder: 1:46am On May 31, 2022
Badb0y4lyf:

Congratulations.

If truly you are not a biased prick, you would know that early adoption does not imply best in class service.

The apple strategy is not to rush to market with unproven tech but to ensure it fits into the apple ecosystem.

If the feature would not add any conceivable benefit to the whole ecosystem, why add it now?

There have been many touch screen laptops from the days of Mungo Park yet Apple has not adopted it. Does that mean they dont have the technology to manufacture touch screen laptops?

If truly you use apple devices and actually know more than sending WhatsApp messages to your serekodes, you would never rubbish the apple ecosystem.

1 Like

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by truthCoder: 1:54am On May 31, 2022
Badb0y4lyf:

Tech that Samsung used in S21 they even brought the technology first.

You dunce small o.

You tactically ignored the 1hz question to answer questions about Samsung market for OLED displays.

Everyone knows Samsung manufactures most of the high end displays in the market. The article you quoted is talking about Chinese firms BOE and Visionox introducing their own displays with the Honor Magic 4. It bears no relevance to the discussion at hand.

Always On display is not a new tech. My fists Windows 98 computer could do always on. The question is at what hertz?

This is where the Apple OS has excelled starting from the Watch Series 5.

They are simply trying to replicate same success to the Iphone.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Badb0y4lyf(m): 2:20am On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:

Congratulations.

If truly you are not a biased prick, you would know that early adoption does not imply best in class service.

The apple strategy is not to rush to market with unproven tech but to ensure it fits into the apple ecosystem.

If the feature would not add any conceivable benefit to the whole ecosystem, why add it now?

There have been many touch screen laptops from the days of Mungo Park yet Apple has not adopted it. Does that mean they dont have the technology to manufacture touch screen laptops?

If truly you use apple devices and actually know more than sending WhatsApp messages to your serekodes, you would never rubbish the apple ecosystem.

Lol I won’t reduce my self to calling you names that said I have been using Apple even before it dreamed of introducing sim and telephone function to iPod so don’t tell me about Apple eco system. How is the technology unproven they are simply not innovative. You just shot your self saying they has been screen touch laptop since mongo park days since they have the technology and it has been proven since mongo pack days why haven’t they adopted it. If you approved all the tech I said Samsung had done earlier and iPhone adopted it 2 years later or so on then what precious Eco system are you glorifying I will say it only a market gimmick to produce cheap and sell exorbitantly.

11 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Badb0y4lyf(m): 2:30am On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:

You dunce small o.

You tactically ignored the 1hz question to answer questions about Samsung market for OLED displays.

Everyone knows Samsung manufactures most of the high end displays in the market. The article you quoted is talking about Chinese firms BOE and Visionox introducing their own displays with the Honor Magic 4. It bears no relevance to the discussion at hand.

Always On display is not a new tech. My fists Windows 98 computer could do always on. The question is at what hertz?

This is where the Apple OS has excelled starting from the Watch Series 5.

They are simply trying to replicate same success to the Iphone.

Lol we are talking about foldable screen you are talking about 1hz. Samsung is 1 million light years ahead of iPhone in screen technology it’s evident when Samsung makes all screen for iPhone till the iPhone 13Pro max and possibly this new iPhone 14 you are having orgasm about. This thing no be fight I have used the two I know it’s strength and weakness Samsung excels in productivity.

10 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by mactoni91(m): 4:19am On May 31, 2022
Lol... AOD wey dn dey Samsung many years back.

No doubt, Apple chunks out outdated technologies

1 Like

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by Kunlegzy(m): 4:23am On May 31, 2022
truthCoder:
Thats how android fanboys would be saying they have face unlock.

Face unlock on android is different from face unlock on Iphone. And no, its not the same technology.

Iphone has always on display on the Apple watch starting from series 5.

This uses an LTPO technology that drops the refresh rate to 1hz from 120hz.

This not just about putting a clock on your screensaver. This is not about AMOLED. It’s about refresh rate.

Ceteris paribus, if your phone screensaver is on at 120hz or 60hz and the iphone screensaver is on at 1hz, it means a drop in idle power consumption by a factor of 120 or 60.

This is an interesting addition to iphone 14 and saves the battery further.

Arindin Omo. Ever read the spec sheet for s22? Shouting LTPO lol. You just dey hear am ?

7 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by NotBeenPaid: 4:54am On May 31, 2022

Outdated tech on Android. Defending Apple based on ecosystem is stale already. Samsung, Xioami, Huawei, etc can run a fully integrated smart-homes long before Apple ecosystem nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by truthCoder: 6:27am On May 31, 2022
Kunlegzy:

Arindin Omo. Ever read the spec sheet for s22? Shouting LTPO lol. You just dey hear am ?

Eranko. Elenu bi horizontal obo.

Take time to read what i wrote or allow the few literate people in your lineage to shine torchlight for you
Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by truthCoder: 6:31am On May 31, 2022
Badb0y4lyf:

Lol we are talking about foldable screen you are talking about 1hz. Samsung is 1 million light years ahead of iPhone in screen technology it’s evident when Samsung makes all screen for iPhone till the iPhone 13Pro max and possibly this new iPhone 14 you are having orgasm about. This thing no be fight I have used the two I know it’s strength and weakness Samsung excels in productivity.

You seem not to know that the samsung making displays is a different branch from the ones making phones.

And who has foldable screen helped?

No one is disputing display market with samsung. The point is, iphone has its own eco system and design strategy and bandwagon adoption is not one of them

We are talking about

1 Like

Re: Apple Plans To Introduce Always-on Display Mode Feature In The Iphone 14 Pro. by tobidipity(m): 6:35am On May 31, 2022
Ferrytech:

What methods do you use to withdraw from your amazon acc?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Nokia Lumia 630 Can't Download-my Family Setup Needed / Infinix Fix This Ooo / Samsung Galaxy A20 May Be The Budget Device You've Been Waiting For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.