Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) (892 Views)

How To Write A Perfect YouTube Script - By Amechi Okoli / Skilled Writers Wanted For Writing Task (N1.70 Per Word) / 10 Nigerian Authors Whose Books You Must Read This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) by amechispeaks(m): 2:55pm On May 31, 2022
YouTube is one of the biggest social media platforms on Earth, and the second largest search engine in the digital space.

This makes YouTube script-writing a profitable niche for freelancers. I personally have written over 500 YouTube scripts for my various clients across several niches, and I'm here to share some valuable tips to newcomers.

So, if you've never written a YouTube script before, then follow my tips below.

1. Start with a question or quick fact

I prefer starting with a question, as that can spark the viewer's curiosity in the blink of an eye!

For example - "Did you know that Mr. A is not the richest footballer in Nigeria? I bet you didn't....He might have played for Real Madrid for 10 seasons, but his net-worth is nowhere near the other ballers on our list!"

2. Tell your viewers what to expect and introduce the channel

For example - "Care to find out who the wealthiest player is? Then stick around, because on this episode of "Naija Got Cash", I'll be listing out the top 10 richest footballers in Nigeria....And it's definitely not Mr. A..."

3. Countdown from 10 to 1

If the video is a listicle, then it makes sense to start from the highest number, down to number 1. By doing so, the viewer will be prompted to watch to the end, just to satisfy his/her curiosity regarding who the richest Nigerian footballer is.

4. Throw another hook in the middle of the script

When you get to the middle of the script, drop another hook, so you can drag your viewers to the end.

For example - "As you can see, Mr. A came in at number 5 with a measly networth of N20m. Stick around to find out who the top 5 are. I can bet my left arm that you won't believe who's at number one!"

5. Close and force an engagement

When you've gotten to the end of the video, make sure you drop a few lines that'll prompt your viewers to engage with the video and channel (call to action).

For example - "There you have it guys, the top 10 richest footballers in Nigeria. What did you think of the video? Do you think Mr. A is far richer than what Forbes estimates? What about our number 1, would you believe in a thousand years that he had more money than Mr. A?

Let us have your thoughts in the comment section. Don't forget to like and share this video. You should also hit the subscribe button and the notification bell to stay updated with more awesome videos like this.

See you next time"

And that's it guys, my quick tips for writing a catchy YouTube script.

Keep in mind that not all script formats are the same, and that these are just general guidelines.

Hope this was helpful. And if you need me to work on your YouTube scripts (or any other form of writing), then hit me up via WhatsApp 08033422206.

My name is Amechi, and I'm glad to help!

Re: Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) by amechispeaks(m): 8:38am On Jun 01, 2022
Writing tip
Re: Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) by Iypi: 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2022
amechispeaks:
Writing tip
Thanks a lot
Re: Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) by amechispeaks(m): 8:49am On Jun 03, 2022
Iypi:

Thanks a lot

You're welcome!
Re: Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) by amechispeaks(m): 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
Pro Writing Tips!
Re: Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) by amechispeaks(m): 1:52am On Jun 10, 2022
Give me a buzz if you need me to work on your YouTube scripts.
Re: Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) by amechispeaks(m): 3:23am On Jun 15, 2022
Re: Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) by amechispeaks(m): 7:05am On Jun 23, 2022
Re: Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) by amechispeaks(m): 6:32am On Jun 29, 2022
Writing Tips
Re: Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) by amechispeaks(m): 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
Writing tips!
Re: Amechi's Top 5 Tips For Writing The Perfect YouTube Script (A Must Read) by amechispeaks(m): 6:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Writing tips

(1) (Reply)

My New Novel: 'The Path We Thread' / Bookkeeping And Accounts Made Easy / Where Can I Purchase Nigerian Books?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.