Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: (93525 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria / Tips: Becoming A Distributor Of Goods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by frakz: 9:40am On Jul 18, 2011
Hello people,

I am making research on goods that are on high demand and sell fast in Nigeria market e.g CARS MODEL/YEAR and PRODUCTS e.g building materials ( doors,ceilings, curtain) and CARS ENGINE from China/Japan that can be sold in Nigeria quicker, i intend to invest and start this business soonest, presently based in Russia, have possibilities to do business from US/China/Japan/Europe to Nigeria, Please, i need advice on which moving and profitable business to start.

waiting for your advises,

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by hugooh42(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2011
Bros all these businesses are good. However import especially from China, the profit margin may not be so much considering the fact that many people import from China as well.Also you will not be on the ground to sell them.I mean having a shop.Because these shop owners have a way of pricing them so low and they will inform their colleagues to do the same at the end of the day you will agree on their price.So consider this before you go into it.On the other hands cars parts are hot cake cos they will wait with cash as the container is being offloaded.Not many people can easily travel to Japan or USA to import them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by frakz: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2011
Thanks broda, Thanks for your advice and idea, i find it very reasonable because i would like goods that can be sold out during my stay in Nigeria, so i can get my money back and move again for more, its up to 4yrs i visited that's why i need these information, i know the Auto parts market, Ladipo and others, Can you assist me in details with the kind of car parts/brand that are movable, estimated prices, i think Japan would be the best market for these
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by liujenny(f): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2011
what does move mean? i think you have to make sells channels!

for example, when you bring 1 container of goods to nigeria 20feet 28 cube meter, how to share the goods to distributors? this one take 2 cube meter, another one take 3 cube meter,

from china, commidities, building materials, stone coated steel roofing  http://www.metal-roofing-sheet.com/product/list-3--.html its very popular now, ceramic tiles also good, doors,,,furnitures ,,,and all the items r in the same city).

taxtile is always good. here in the city where i leave ,there are 2 big and professial clothes market for nigerian' importers.

about electrical equipment ,people dealing with mobiles but its not a good business, always get problem, but solar something, and generators are always good,

there is no auto mobile business in china, but auto mobile parts its very good, and also motor cycle parts.

and all the goods get at last 3 levels. good quality, middium quality and cheap quality,  so you should find out: who r your customers?where do they live?r they muslims or christins?

small quantity you pick from market, big quantity you get from market,  not the same! should get a lot of experiences,

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by hugooh42(m): 10:23am On Jul 19, 2011
Sorry bros ,i don't live in Naija infact i live in China.So my advice is from experience.I think honda,toyota and nissan parts are hot cakes.But do your homework well before you do start.
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by frakz: 9:28am On Jul 20, 2011
@hugooh42

Thanks my broda, your advice is very useful, i am looking up to visiting Japan for these goods, already talking to some companies, do you have Skype or email to communicate on?

my email: talk2uchefrank@yahoo.ca
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by hugooh42(m): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2011
For the car parts you don't need to buy from just a company.You need to take a trip to Japan, be ready to move from location to location and ask questions,visit junk yards,auctions that's the only way to get better deal magnusbennoa@yahoo.com is my email.
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by emmaoanidu(m): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2011
Hi bro,
purchases from japan and europe to nigeria at the moment is high risk due to the high exchange rate to naira. If you must embark on trading look towards the United states of America. For the kind of products to bring in just give me a shout and we will talk about the rest.

Emmanuel
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by 1soul(m): 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2011
hi all, i'm a fresh graduate intending to venture into import and exports. Presently i'v relocated to Lagos and making feasility study on what possible to go into, Well i seek advice and guide from you guys on any possible suggestion on what could be more lucrative. I have a capital of 2m which i can extend to 3m depending on the business line,
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by 1soul(m): 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2011
Sorry i forgot to mention the areas i've been lookingt at lately, they include Cusmetics from Dubai, ladies bags and footwears still from Dubai, wrappers from India, Automobile spare parts etc. I'm a litle bit confused for now, i seriously need advice from those who have a first experience on imports,

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by frakz: 8:12am On Aug 02, 2011
@emmaoanidu

Thanks for your contribution, What kind of products are you talking about from the US?
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 03, 2011
I really love you post and threads so far.
I am into distribution of Sugar and i can tell you that when you import sugar to Nigeria,before the ship reaches Nigeria,you would have already sold it. Sugar business is very huge in Nigeria and west Africa as you can make tripple the money invested in one sale.
Currently i got a client who wants to buy over 5000MT(50,000bags of Sugar) urgently.
I supply sugar to manufacturing compaines,government and retailers and i know how much i make from each bag sold just been a distributor.
So my dear friend,go online and make researches and confirm what i have just told you then write back to me if interested: columellanigeria@gmail.com
Regard!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by page9(m): 12:34am On Aug 04, 2011
@collumela
If sugar importation biz is that lucrative then some of us are willing to invest in it if you can provide us a good biz plan with realistic (not bogus) return on investment provided that Isiaku Rabiu (BUA Sugar)and Dangote Sugar will not frustrate our efforts as they sometimes do to discourage competition
This is my e-mail add
ddebayo@yahoo.com
If ur proposal is convincing it b no problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2011
Hi ya'll,

Nice posts so far.

I don't know about sugar, but Cement, big Yes! & it sure sells like hotcake. Some one very close (infact my Dad) currently
deals on it. Its simple - investor(s) pull funds to buy a truck(s) of Dangote Cement direct from manufacturer. Even before arrival, alot of retailers are readily on ground to pay. This also applies to Pasta. Also for spare parts, yes Asian car parts sell fast. I can assure you of someone reliable to assist.

If you got further questions, feel free to send me an e-mail - [email]ed_ose@yahoo.com[/email]. Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by IykeD(m): 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2011
pine_ed:

Hi ya'll,

Nice posts so far.

I don't know about sugar, but Cement, big Yes! & it sure sells like hotcake. Some one very close (infact my Dad) currently
deals on it. Its simple - investor(s) pull funds to buy a truck(s) of Dangote Cement direct from manufacturer. Even before arrival, alot of retailers are readily on ground to pay. This also applies to Pasta. Also for spare parts, yes Asian car parts sell fast. I can assure you of someone reliable to assist.

If you got further questions, feel free to send me an e-mail - [email]ed_ose@yahoo.com[/email]. Cheers

Please how much are we talking about here? Thanks!
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2011
@iykeD,
A truck of cement cost btw N1.2 & N1.4m. Don't knw for dat of Pasta though.
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by IykeD(m): 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2011
Thank you sir, let's say one invests that amount in a truck of cement, what is the ROI like? Please educate me more. Also, how many units are there in a truck load?
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2011
Bro, as I told U earlier, I'm not d one in d biz, na my papa oh, Lol. I dnt ve a fixed range myself, but can assure you d ROI's high. Just e-mail all ur Qs & I'll forward 'em to him. Cheers
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by IykeD(m): 11:07pm On Aug 04, 2011
Great, i will send you a mail tomorrow ok. Thanks and good night!
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by frakz: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2011
talking about imported goods like electronics, car parts and sugar, how much can be invested in this business, since i am not there in Nigeria and would like to do business that will give back expenses and profit in due time,

i intend to buy Electronics or Car parts in container load from the US and Japan to sell in Nigeria, how can these sell fast??
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by saintstv: 1:55am On Sep 07, 2011
Mobile phones and accessories also are currently hotcake in Naija, with high profit margin if you own a store and choose to sell as a distributor wholesale and retailer, but on the other hand if you can only sell to wholesalers then your profit margin will be low but you'll still make rapid sales and quick turnover.

you can get them very cheap in Dubai and China, i have a lot of experiences about this business and i know current software boxes that are currently in high demand with a ready market for it.
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by LagBlogger(m): 2:52am On Sep 07, 2011
Poster,

Mobile phones, laptops and fashion accessories are also fast moving stuff that sell here in Nigeria.
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by Ybutterfly: 2:56am On Sep 07, 2011
Black berry
Gele
[size=15pt]cars
make up[/size]
plantain
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by Satama(m): 6:15am On Sep 07, 2011
@frakz, pls, can you send me ur phone number in my mail cos i based in Ukerain. mail address is imela2001@yahoo.com
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by nsodo: 6:33am On Sep 07, 2011
Car Spare parts will work for you in Nigeria as many in towns own cars which automatically will need spare part at one point in time probably from Japan because those are the most common cars used in Nigeria and very few from other car manufacturing countries.
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by dewswealth: 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2011
Car part are proftable,but most be japanes product.it sells fast and you get you money within weeks,that is what i do, Cars also selld fast, you can send me an email and i will reply you on parts and engine to buy, tunde_adalemo2000@yahoo.com
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by cheely: 5:13am On Sep 19, 2011
laptops
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 19, 2011
Condoms!!!, The rate of HIV/AIDS on the high side, and gurls are getting cheaper this dayz, thereby there is a great demand for sex. With the introduction of blackberry device in the world 2day, arranging sex via fone got an increase of about 200% compared to 8.32% as at 2008 through FB majorly. Most people demand for premium condoms cuz they fink that the subsidized Gold Circle ain't safe enough. Importing from Holland/China, its cheaper there, and you get your ROI before the ship lands. grin
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by RealHiServ: 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2011
@ ijogz k, how can i get a ready made buyers and suppliers of this product? I think u hv a gud point there.

Kindly send me ur details to smikilo@gmail.com

Regards

Ijogz K:

Condoms!!!, The rate of HIV/AIDS on the high side, and gurls are getting cheaper this dayz, thereby there is a great demand for sex. With the introduction of blackberry device in the world 2day, arranging sex via fone got an increase of about 200% compared to 8.32% as at 2008 through FB majorly. Most people demand for premium condoms cuz they fink that the subsidized Gold Circle ain't safe enough. Importing from Holland/China, its cheaper there, and you get your ROI before the ship lands. grin
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by enomakos(m): 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2011
Ijogz K:

good point man
Re: What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: by brauneyes: 4:57am On Oct 03, 2011
I kinda like this condom biz. I live in the US and I believe that the Trojan brand of condoms are of a superior quality compared to those from say, China.
Can anyone confirm the prices of say a pack of three condoms(Trojan ) in Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers / Bc / Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.