Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

What's your Take? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's your Take? (2092 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2011
Firstly, ds topic can be moved to whicheva section da Mods deem appropriate, thanks.  cool

Now to the topic. Whats your take on bad language?

Guys, Do you or do you not mind your partner/wife using fowl/offensive/profane language?

Ladies, same question applies.

Well for me, in simple words, it simply sweeps me off my feet. Soo bad dat if I'm havin a convo with sum1 and suddenly they land da F* word 4 example, it takes me few seconds to re-connect and join the convo.  embarassed undecided

Was wondering if its just me. your views will be appreciated, Thanks   smiley
Re: What's your Take? by Omolola1(f): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2011
I don't approve of anyone close to me using bad language

Online, i could be nasty, whatever! but on the real side, my friends know me, I hate using bad language!
Though, i admit there are times one would be tempted to use it
undecided
Re: What's your Take? by Goldieluks: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2011
I don't fancy bad languages either.
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2011
@Omolola1

So basikly u swear when ur angry for example??
Re: What's your Take? by BABE3: 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2011
Bad languages---well, well, well, Gold help me--I LOVE THEM! They give more spice to the convo. I say them almost all the time. I also get very creative with them. cheesy

grin. "4uck" is my main thing-- "Sh1t", "Bullsh1t", "Nigga" (I don't consider it as bad word--but people do undecided ), I don't use B1tches---I just find it very repulsive.

I really, really, really, restrict myself on here on the "profanity" level.
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
BABE!:

Bad languages---well, well, well, Gold help me--I LOVE THEM! They give more spice to the convo. I say them almost all the time. I also get very creative with them. cheesy

grin. "4uck" is my main thing-- "Sh1t", "Bullsh1t", "Nigga" (I don't consider it as bad word--but people do undecided ), I don't use B1tches---I just find it very repulsive.

I really, really, really, restrict myself on here on the "profanity" level.

If I may ask, wat is there to love about dirty words? Is it dat u do not have any words to put ur points accross?
Secondly, U sound very proud about it as if its equivalent to gettin a 1st class degree? Does it make u feel good about urself or sumfing?
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2011
@BABE!

U mentioned dat people consider swear words as bad words and u dnt.
If I may ask AGAIN lol, Do u pray? If yes, U swear too when u prayin to God? Like God wat da 4ckk?, Or God pls help me pass ds 4cking exam. U are the Alpha and the 4kking Omega? 

Or mayb 2 your parents, u go ds way , Mum u cnt bliv wat happened today shiittttt! sum bludclot razz ediot wnted to knock me ova. Since u consider these as good words  undecided
Re: What's your Take? by BABE3: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2011
chi-baby:

If I may ask, wat is there to love about dirty words?

I really don't know how to answer that question.

chi-baby:

Is it dat u do not have any words to put your points accross?

Nah--Far from that. My vocabulary is quite oRn point. An addition(s) to it isn't such a bad idea.  cheesy

chi-baby:

Secondly, U sound very proud about it as if its equivalent to gettin a 1st class degree?

LOL-- Well, well, well, it's not. I'm just being honest about the fact that I use them. It' s not like I'm "PROUD" of "it". I know it's bad---but oh well.

chi-baby:

Does it make u feel good about urself or sumfing?  

Nah--again, far away from that. It's a bad habit I picked up and I'm finding it very hard to let go. lol-- I've gone years without using bad languages, so----no big deal. When I'm in a formal setting, in presence of elderly people and all that---I don't use them.

Re: What's your Take? by BABE3: 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2011
chi-baby:

@BABE!

I never said that o. I said I don't consider the word "Nigga" as a bad word.
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2011
Im sorry but u contradictin urself. U sed it was gd earlier and now ur sayin u knw its bad?

Nwayz the topic asks if u dnt mind ur partners using bad language and 4rm all u've sed, wat I can deduce is dat u dnt mind, Fair enof  wink
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2011
BABE!:

I never said that o. I said I don't consider the word "Nigga" as a bad word.

My bad, U dint make it clear from ur 1st post dat u were referring to just da word Nigga*
Re: What's your Take? by Mynd44: 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2011
As far as you can pass your message no problem. I once had a white friend who likes callind the rest of us the N word but we did not really care cos we knew his heart
Re: What's your Take? by sweeti14(f): 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2011
chi-baby:

@BABE!

If I may ask, Do u pray? If yes, U swear too when u prayin to God? Like God wat da 4ckk?, Or God pls help me pass ds 4cking exam. U are the Alpha and the 4kking Omega? 

Or mayb 2 your parents, u go ds way , Mum u cnt bliv wat happened today shiittttt! sum bludclot razz ediot wnted to knock me ova. Since u consider these as good words  undecided
Lmao @ bolded. . . . i can just imagine someone praying like that grin grin grin

@ op well. . . i used to swear at a time i my life. Looking back now i think why i did swear then was because swear words were very good for expressing my anger. . .and i was pretty much angry most of the time undecided . Thankfully i've stopped now cheesy . I don't like it either when people swear around me. What i do for my friends who swear is that i smack them whenever they swear. It has really helped them control it and at times we even turn the smacking into a joke.
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2011
Mynd_44:

As far as you can pass your message no problem. I once had a white friend who likes callind the rest of us the N word but we did not really care cos we knew his heart

I guess u dnt mind which is kool smiley. Unless we messing arround will I accept sum1 usin da N word on me/Close friends.
Anybodyelse wud b told str8 up I do not Appreciate da word used on me
Re: What's your Take? by amuukwu1(m): 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
chi-baby:

Firstly, ds topic can be moved to whicheva section da Mods deem appropriate, thanks.  cool

Now to the topic. Whats your take on bad language?

Guys, Do you or do you not mind your partner/wife using fowl/offensive/profane language?

Ladies, same question applies.

Well for me, in simple words, it simply sweeps me off my feet. Soo bad dat if I'm havin a convo with sum1 and suddenly they land da F* word 4 example, it takes me few seconds to re-connect and join the convo.  embarassed undecided

Was wondering if its just me. your views will be appreciated, Thanks   smiley

this girl, angry angryI think you are used to profane language, thats either the reason you tried having a brawl of profane words with me the other time, Remember?

On the flip side, i noticed you change that profile pic, good luck to you anyways. smiley smiley wink
Re: What's your Take? by BABE3: 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2011
chi-baby:

Im sorry but u contradictin urself. U sed it was gd earlier and now your sayin u knw its bad?

Nwayz the topic asks if u dnt mind your partners using bad language and 4rm all u've sed, wat I can deduce is dat u dnt mind, Fair enof  wink

Lol---How am I contradicting myself? You're the one in a confused state of mind here.

I wouldn't mind, so far he knows where to use them.

chi-baby:

My bad, U dint make it clear from your 1st post dat u were referring to just da word Nigga*

I did. I didn't proof-read the post but it was clear enough that I was referring to "Nigga". I put the parentheses right next to the word "Nigga" before I even put the "comma". I put the parentheses in the sentence before I talked about the word "B1tches".
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2011
sweeti14:

Lmao @ bolded. . . . i can just imagine someone praying like that grin grin grin

@ op well. . . i used to swear at a time i my life. Looking back now i think why i did swear then was because swear words were very good for expressing my anger. . .and i was pretty much angry most of the time undecided . Thankfully i've stopped now cheesy . I don't like it either when people swear around me. What i do for my friends who swear is that i smack them whenever they swear. It has really helped them control it and at times we even turn the smacking into a joke.

Hahhahh I see. Ah mean itz understandable when sum1 is angry cuz we loose it or shud i say, sum ppl loose self-control when they are angry but jus havin a convo and sum1 is jus effin and jeffin errwhere is really n truely irritating

Nwayz kudos to u 4 stopping  wink
Re: What's your Take? by MrsChima(f): 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2011
My take on it that grown people are grown and they can express whichever words they want.  My husband doesn't dictate to me what words I should say nor I dictate to my husband what he should say.  We both have COMMON SENSE and know when to use it and not to use it. 

It is not that complicated and should be an nonissue.   My advice to those who doesn't like "bad" words do not hang around people who uses them.  Simple. 

Babe

If your man doesn't mind you using "bad" words that is okay I am sure you know when you around business or appropriate audience you wouldn't use them.  I am sure of it.  Don't sweat it baby girl.
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2011
amu ukwu:

this girl,  angry angryI think you are used to profane language, thats either the reason you tried having a brawl of profane words with me the other time,  Remember?

On the flip side, i noticed you change that profile pic, good luck to you anyways. smiley smiley wink

Sir u dint reply accordingly to topic  smiley

BABE!:

I wouldn't mind, so far he knows where to use them. [/color]

Meanin u dnt totally like them? If i can remember u sed u LOVE THEM. or does dat only apply when itz u using the words?
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

My take on it that grown people are grown and they can express whichever words they want.  My husband doesn't dictate to me what words I should say nor I dictate to my husband what he should say.  We both have COMMON SENSE and know when to use it and not to use it. 

It is not that complicated and should be an nonissue.   My advice to those who doesn't like "bad" words do not hang around people who uses them.  Simple. 

Babe

If your man doesn't mind you using "bad" words that is okay I am sure you know when you around business or appropriate audience you wouldn't use them.  I am sure of it.  Don't sweat it baby girl. 

Common sense u say  grin. Honey Not every human is blessed with it unfortunately. I'm sure u knw dat awready
Sum jus dnt knw when and when NOT
Re: What's your Take? by MrsChima(f): 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
chi-baby:

Common sense u say grin. Honey Not every human is blessed with it unfortunately. I'm sure u knw dat awready

Duh.
Re: What's your Take? by BABE3: 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
chi-baby:

Meanin u dnt totally like them? If i can remember u sed u LOVE THEM. or does dat only apply when itz u using the words?

Nah--Yes, I do love using bad words, but I'm not gonna use them in all settings. It's common sense. I'm not gonna go for a job interview and be spitting "4ucks" and "sh1ts" and all that.

That was what I meant by "knowing how to use them".
Re: What's your Take? by amuukwu1(m): 6:42pm On Jul 18, 2011
chi-baby:

Sir u dint reply accordingly to topic  smiley

, and Madam, i think you surprised me, i thought you would use more profanity of me.

Yea, the topic, I'll read more and reply accordingly smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: What's your Take? by BABE3: 6:43pm On Jul 18, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Babe

If your man doesn't mind you using "bad" words that is okayap[b] I am sure you know when you around business or [/b]propriate audience you wouldn't use them.  I am sure of it.  Don't sweat it baby girl. 

Exactly. Gbam!
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 6:43pm On Jul 18, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Duh.  

cheesy. nwayz so u wudnt tell ur husband u dnt lyk da use of certain words because he's grown and therefore shud do wateva pleases him?  undecided
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
BABE!:

Nah--Yes, I do love using bad words, but I'm not gonna use them in all settings. It's common sense. I'm not gonna go for a job interview and be spitting "4ucks" and "sh1ts" and all that.

That was what I meant by "knowing how to use them".

I see smiley

@amu ukwu

Ok do reply Sir when u've read the topic smiley
Re: What's your Take? by amuukwu1(m): 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2011
chi-baby:

I see smiley

@amu ukwu

Ok do reply Sir when u've read the topic smiley

Sure I will but at the moment,im downloading and watching "Letters to Stranger' (Nollywood),,,,i recommend it to you. smiley smiley smiley wink
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2011
amu ukwu:

Sure I will but at the moment,im downloading and watching "Letters to Stranger' (Nollywood),,,,i recommend it to you. smiley smiley smiley wink

I've seen it
Re: What's your Take? by MrsChima(f): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2011
chi-baby:

cheesy. nwayz so u wudnt tell your husband u dnt lyk da use of certain words because he's grown and therefore shud do wateva pleases him?  undecided

LMAO@do whatever to please him. grin grin grin grin grin grin If only you knew.

I am not into word policing.
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

LMAO@do whatever to please him. grin grin grin grin grin grin If only you knew.

I am not into word policing.

But ur into other kinds of policing. i get grin cheesy cheesy grin tongue
Re: What's your Take? by amuukwu1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2011
chi-baby:

I've seen it

ok but you can still re-watch it or we could together wink wink you care?
[s]moreover its dinner, i made egusi with dry fish.[/s]
Re: What's your Take? by chibaby5(f): 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2011
amu ukwu:

ok but you can still re-watch it or we could together wink wink you care?
[s]moreover its dinner, i made egusi with dry fish.[/s]

I wudnt lyk to re-watch it sorry. Ok pls get bk to topic, thanks smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbagyi Tribe Celebrates Traditional New Year With Fanfare In Abuja / AGULERI OR NRI Where Actually Are Igbos Originally From? / Ooni Of Ife Jittery? Runs to London, Declares 3 Days Fasting & Prayers-Premium T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.