Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

How Much Can You Buy A Nigerian Romance Book - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / How Much Can You Buy A Nigerian Romance Book (714 Views)

My Romance With The Cold Touch Of Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can You Buy A Nigerian Romance Book by hafees: 7:05pm On Jul 18, 2011
Butterfly books (Butterfly Romance Series) just started a new series of romance books (stage of setting price). This is different from M&B and Harlequin, the characters are Nigerians, and locale mostly major cities in Nigeria. It is well researched and well written.

At what price do you think Nigerians will be willing to buy these books and how best do you think one can handle circulation and publicity. It will be nice to hear a different perspective from our in house one. we have thought of many strategies-but hey the public can help a lot

Feel free to check us out at : www.butterflyromanceseries..com

Your critique of our works will be most useful.

Thank you.
Re: How Much Can You Buy A Nigerian Romance Book by ragdollz: 12:29am On Jul 25, 2011
When it comes to pricing a reader will consider the following: the over all quality of the book itself, ie binding, cover, print etc. If it's going to come out of its binding before I finish chapter one then that's not quality.

And then there's the quantity: the longer the book, the more it might cost. I mean a 5,OOO word novel and a 40,OOO word novel: which one would I pay more for? The one with more words of course!

That said, it's really mostly about the content. A book is only as good as the writer, no matter how fancy the cover or the package is. The writing has to be good.

In conclusion, a reasonable book price would be around N1500 - N1750. People spend much more on some of those glossy Nigerian fashion mags these days.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Read & Tell Me What You Feel About This Poem Titled "ODE TO MAAMI" / How I Sold My VIRGINITY For N100 000 / Methods And Principles Of Food, Chemical And Technology Creativity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.