Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,144 members, 7,953,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

Baba Sege Goes Back To School - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Baba Sege Goes Back To School (1776 Views)

Troubled Dust : Latest Work By Author Of Eze Goes To School / Troubled Dust : Latest Work By Author Of Eze Goes To School / Eze Goes To School And Lacomb Not In Use Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Sege Goes Back To School by Orikinla(m): 9:05am On Aug 10, 2007
“Where did I keep these microchips sef? I hope these boys have not sold it to Iya Alakara…”
Baba Sege said as he searched his school bag.
I glanced at him and chuckled.
This is not Aso Villa where you have errand boys like Omo Baba Fanikayode at your beck and call.

Re: Baba Sege Goes Back To School by Orikinla(m): 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2007
"Orikinla, you think say na only u be Akowe? Me sef dey for African Writers Series with Chinua Achebe, Prof. Wole Soyinka and the other masters," Baba Sege said. And he listed the titles of his books.
"Have you read, "Africa Embattled"?"
'No sir."
"What of Africa in Perspective?"
"No sir."
"What of my international best seller, "My Command"?"
"I read it two decades ago."
He smiled at me. He was impressed.
"I have also read some pages of This Animal Called Man," I added.
He raised his right thumb up to commend me.
"You get one thumb up for reading only one of my books," Baba Sege said and chuckled.
"If you read the rest, I will give you two thumbs up and five stars."

Baba Sege confided in me that his mission is to become a Professor.
We discussed many things as we shared a keg of palmwine and roasted bushmeat later. He brought the drink and meat from his Otta Farms.

President Olusegun Obasanjo has never hidden his love for the printed word. He cherishes knowledge and the intellect. Whenever he feels strongly about a subject he puts it into writing. Love him or loathe him, you cannot ignore the man's embrace of the book and the Book! The last sentence demands an explanation; Obasanjo grapples with books for intellectual nourishment and delves into the Book (Bible) for spiritual upliftment.

~ From an article By Uzor Maxim Uzoatu, In Thisday Newspapers, October 10, 1999
Re: Baba Sege Goes Back To School by dafman(m): 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2007
I wonder what he wants to do with the knowledge
Re: Baba Sege Goes Back To School by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 11, 2007
make una leave Oba J alone abeg. The man has drive and courage tons of them.

I think the word is chutzpah. OBJ has truckloads of it. Which is more than i can say for all the pussies on this forum who have made a career out of OBJ-bashing.
Re: Baba Sege Goes Back To School by Orikinla(m): 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2007
Ziddy,
Baba Sege has his ways and has balls too.

I also joined in bashing his politics as the President of Nigeria, but I cannot deny the fact that he has contributed to the history of Nigerian and African literature from his social and political perspectives.

(1) (Reply)

The Boy Died / Learn Fiction Writing On Nairaland-for Beginner Writers. / Unveiling The Truth(shattered Heart) - By Olarhtunji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.