Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,176 members, 7,845,867 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. (2738 Views)

New Japanese Device Allows Dads To Breastfeed Their Babies / 5 Categories Of Worst Performing Dads / Dads That Don’t Want To See You Dating Their Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by Thefootballtv: 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2022
ibechris:

U are big liar.
I was a banker and my wife is a seasoned/chartered banker with 14years experience.

Oga,what u need now is:
1.a probable letter from the court.
2. Death certificate.
3. Next of kin account details written in formal letter to the bank.
4. I.D card of the next of kin.

Note,that this money is not paid at the counter but through transfer to the beneficiary.

But for u to say lawyers/banks would dwarf this money because of their fees...guy,u are a chronic liar.

I am sure u want to steal from your family and i stand by what I have just said.

See u,see prison. And to those who will help u to steal from this account,I am seeing all of u in Nigerian prison uniforms.

Mr banker, what about bank’s policy that takes money paid after someone’s death? Banks won't give you the money paid into the account after someone’s death. You only get paid the money in the account before the death. That's where the 60% comes from.
But you are Here shouting about stealing from an account.

Won't lawyers charge for estate account too?
Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by ibechris(m): 6:08am On Jun 09, 2022
Thefootballtv:

Mr banker, what about bank’s policy that takes money paid after someone’s death? Banks won't give you the money paid into the account after someone’s death. You only get paid the money in the account before the death. That's where the 60% comes from.

U are just a liar...
Quote the policy and let me see.
If u claimed that your father died naturally and he owns the account,why looking for a backyard means of stealing from the account?

I stand by my statement that u are a thief,trying to steal from your dead father. Both u and cohorts will definitely be caught and sent to prison. U think the bank will look at it as your father's account.

Wait until u touch the account first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by ibechris(m): 6:15am On Jun 09, 2022
Thefootballtv:

From the forgoing,i don't think u were in good relationship with your father when he was alive ,hence the stealing habits of yours. If truly u do,u will not be misbehaving.

Go to any probate Registry of any high Court in Nigeria and apply for the probate certificate.

I think I have really helped u enough and I assure u this would be my last comment on this thread offering a solution that u keep countering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by kayusely70(m): 7:19am On Jun 09, 2022
ibechris:

From the forgoing,i don't think u were in good relationship with your father when he was alive ,hence the stealing habits of yours. If truly u do,u will not be misbehaving.

Go to any probate Registry of any high Court in Nigeria and apply for the probate certificate.

I think I have really helped u enough and I assure u this would be my last comment on this thread offering a solution that u keep countering.
You've really done well! You've spoken very impressively and reasonably too!

2 Likes

Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by ibechris(m): 7:51am On Jun 09, 2022
kayusely70:
You've really done well! You've spoken very impressively and reasonably too!

Thank u brotherly.

God bless for ur inputs too!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by mysticgal(f): 9:29am On Jun 09, 2022
Thefootballtv:

The family is aware. If we don't find a way to get the money without the bank knowing. Then, we will go through the normal process. We already have some of the needed documents to start. It's just sad that the bank and the court will take the majority of the money.

Hi, so as to correct your impression of the probabte administration Process.
The court takes just 10 percent,the lawyer 10 percent and you the rest. Trying every means to get that money illegally could get you some quality jail time.

I'm I'm probate lawyer, telling you real life situations.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by zed7: 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
The OP is either ignorant or a fraud. There is no bank that will take money paid to an account after the account holders death.
The government takes 10% of the amount as death tax, whilst the lawyer will take anything from 10% to 15% depending on their fee. Be prepared to shell out 25% of the money and the rest belongs to your family.
Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by Thefootballtv: 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2022
zed7:
The OP is either ignorant or a fraud. There is no bank that will take money paid to an account after the account holders death.
The government takes 10% of the amount as death tax, whilst the lawyer will take anything from 10% to 15% depending on their fee. Be prepared to shell out 25% of the money and the rest belongs to your family.

The money paid to his account after he died was is monthly pension. Won't the government take that?
Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by zed7: 11:28am On Jun 10, 2022
Thefootballtv:

The money paid to his account after he died was is monthly pension. Won't the government take that?
You have been told already, accept or leave it.
Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by henroo2003: 10:17am On Jun 11, 2022
Are you saying any money paid into the deceased account after his/her death will be released to the family?

mysticgal:

Hi, so as to correct your impression of the probabte administration Process.
The court takes just 10 percent,the lawyer 10 percent and you the rest. Trying every means to get that money illegally could get you some quality jail time.

I'm I'm probate lawyer, telling you real life situations.
Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by mysticgal(f): 11:28am On Jun 11, 2022
henroo2003:
Are you saying any money paid into the deceased account after his/her death will be released to the family?

Through a probate process yes.
Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by DrDeuce: 2:34am On Mar 01, 2023
Stephenmoka4:
Affidavit, birth certificate and death certificate (varies with bank). No need using USSD, if there is a network error and was debited... how do you want to report to the bank...

If he didn't activate USSD, chances of passing through that method is slim. If he did, you'll have a daily USSD withdrawal of about 20K.

A bad method will be funding your bet account and using it to withdraw to another account. (Sporty or msport bookie likely).
Sorry bro for disturbing this morning. I have an almost similar situation to the op but in this case the card has expired for some year now. Can I still use it to reset the ussd transfer pin for the account because I just saw an alert last week or I will still need to go into the bank to get a new one to reset it since I can't use it to withdraw or set up mobile banking. Thanks.
Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:59am On Mar 01, 2023
DrDeuce:

Sorry bro for disturbing this morning. I have an almost similar situation to the op but in this case the card has expired for some year now. Can I still use it to reset the ussd transfer pin for the account because I just saw an alert last week or I will still need to go into the bank to get a new one to reset it since I can't use it to withdraw or set up mobile banking. Thanks.
I think expired card may work, as long as the bank have not disconnected it for a new one.
Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by stacyadams: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
DrDeuce:

...good day bro..how did you finally go about this? Am in similar situation.pls reply..were you able to pick up an ATM from the bank?
Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by stacyadams: 1:46pm On Jan 02
ibechris:

U are big liar.
I was a banker and my wife is a seasoned/chartered banker with 14years experience.

Oga,what u need now is:
1.a probable letter from the court.
2. Death certificate.
3. Next of kin account details written in formal letter to the bank.
4. I.D card of the next of kin.

Note,that this money is not paid at the counter but through transfer to the beneficiary.

But for u to say lawyers/banks would dwarf this money because of their fees...guy,u are a chronic liar.

I am sure u want to steal from your family and i stand by what I have just said.

See u,see prison. And to those who will help u to steal from this account,I am seeing all of u in Nigerian prison uniforms.

Good afternoon chief..as a former banker ...I have a question I want to ask u privately...I can drop my number if u reply.thanks
Re: Need Help To Access Late Dads Bank Account. by Nazgul: 8:29pm On Jan 02
Thefootballtv:
Hello,

As stated in the title, I need to access deceased dad’s bank. I don't want to do the LOA because
1) it takes time
2) Money paid into his account after he died will be collected, which I don't want to happen (the money paid after he died is much).

If anyone knows how to use USSD to transfer money without an ATM card, or any other way, please let me know. I will pay you well. I mean it. I will pay you WELL (6 figures).

I have access to
-his number (that he receives bank alert)
- BVN
-Account number.

Please Send me a message or drop your WhatsApp no. This is strictly an Anonymous deal.
You or any of your siblings should have your dad's ATM pin and Bank app transfer pin.

Most time whenever I'm around visiting, my dad tells me to do his transfers for him to his staffs or customers. If he needs Cash, he'll give me his phone to make a transfer from his bank to my bank, then I'll use my ATM to withdraw the amount and give to him. This saves the child the stress of going to the bank to claim the money as next of kin when he dies.

At a certain age, most parents don't have the energy to go to the bank anymore. It's their children that do that for them. If you or none of your siblings have access to his account, it means he didn't trust you guys enough.

Alternatively, you can get an experienced lawyer. He would guide you on how to access the funds.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

. (kept It From Me For A Long Time) / Married Sex Is Hotter / He Dreads Marriage....advice Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.