Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:32 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (88380 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 1:22am On Jul 21, 2011
coogar:

4-1-3-2 has wingers in the "3". germany used 4-2-3-1 at the world cup, using muller and podolski as wingers with ozil in the centre.

i am saying. . .

----------de gea----------

raf-----rio---vidic----evra

---------carrick------------

valencia----sneijder---young/nani

-----chicharito-----rooney------

Coogar, we cant play this formation (its possible at OT) . . . its too open and will expose our back four especially away from home.
It is similar to a 4-4-2 anyway with Carrick holding and Sneijder in the hole behind the strikers.
I prefer the 4-2-3-1 with wingers in the "3"
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 5:56am On Jul 21, 2011
coogar:

4-1-3-2 has wingers in the "3". germany used 4-2-3-1 at the world cup, using muller and podolski as wingers with ozil in the centre.

i am saying. . .

----------de gea----------

raf-----rio---vidic----evra

---------carrick------------

valencia----sneijder---young/nani

-----chicharito-----rooney------

You cant use this formation vs any decent team without getting mauled.

Only Carrick to mark?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by ritchboy(m): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2011
What Coogar has posted is where the players would be when they're attacking. When defending Sneijder will drop deeper to partner Carrick. If 37 y/o Giggs can play the role, Sneijder can!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 8:25am On Jul 21, 2011
ritchboy:

What Coogar has posted is where the players would be when they're attacking. When defending Sneijder will drop deeper to partner Carrick. If 37 y/o Giggs can play the role, Sneijder can!

i can see he played it with devastating consequences.
Sneidjer is now a holding midfielder?is that what 40 million pounds will get you?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 8:25am On Jul 21, 2011
Morrison visits the police again.
wetin dey worry this boy sef?
can't they arrange to bring him to TB Joshua?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 21, 2011
Myself2:

Mumu
Why are you stu-stu-stuter-stuterring?
Must you always flaunt your poor sense of records and time.You want to tell me you've forgotten it's not about this time I get drunk with your father??,I'll just remind you once again that we(your father and I) only get drunk after double-teaming yo' momma
Waste of se.men strikes again. . .
At least I have a father. . .yours is too ashamed to be identified with a sorry excuse of a cretin. . .
I seriously doubt you can get your tool up judging from how loud you are talking about it.So let's not get into that because you're all talk.

You made a bogus claim about city being stronger.Defend that lousy statement if you can instead of talking smack all the time.Then we might consider relating to you like the normal being you crave so desperately to be.
Until then,village i.diot/drunk dull.ard/product of faulty contraception,
Keep making a public show of your lack of decorum. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2011
^^^^^
Talk to Deborah on that!!
He has free licence and access to TB Joshua. . . but am just scared of the dude being a gaynner afterwards!
Arsene Wenger = Paedo. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by r231(m): 8:57am On Jul 21, 2011
. :d
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 10:09am On Jul 21, 2011
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYg0D-JDjcc?version=3&hl=en_US" type="[/flash]

Obertan is looking a lot better than last season. I hope he can at least carry some of this into d season proper.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 10:59am On Jul 21, 2011
ritchboy:

I know that is the attacking overview but its too risky.
Sneijder is not particularly defensive minded in any way . . . he's not the kind of player that will be happy to drop off deep behind the ball at all times.

If they all drop off when defending . . . it only confirms what I've said earlier that its similar to the 4-4-2 formation anyways with Carrick the Dm and Sneijder the AM.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 11:10am On Jul 21, 2011
montelik:

Obertan is looking a lot better than last season. I hope he can at least carry some of this into d season proper.

He's done well but I wont read too much into these pre-season games.
It's a different ball game entirely when the season starts.
He strikes me as a player that needs regular games to build his confidence . . .the question is will he get those games? Very unlikely.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2011
chamotex:

Coogar, we cant play this formation (its possible at OT) . . . its too open and will expose our back four especially away from home.
It is similar to a 4-4-2 anyway with Carrick holding and Sneijder in the hole behind the strikers.
I prefer the 4-2-3-1 with wingers in the "3"

the problem with 4-2-3-1 is only one of our strikers would play which means chicharito, berbatov, owen, macheda and diouf would sit on the bench. in order to accommodate 2 strikers, the formation has to be 4-1-3-2(when attacking) or 4-3-1-2 when(defending) with the 2 wingers tracking back to quickly make up 3 players. there's fluidity in the formation - these are professional players.

dayokanu:

You cant use this formation vs any decent team without getting mauled.

Only Carrick to mark?

carrick isn't the only one marking. . . .valencia and ashley young would quickly track back. . .

chamotex:

I know that is the attacking overview but its too risky.
Sneijder is not particularly defensive minded in any way . . . he's not the kind of player that will be happy to drop off deep behind the ball at all times.

If they all drop off when defending . . . it only confirms what I've said earlier that its similar to the 4-4-2 formation anyways with Carrick the Dm and Sneijder the AM.

if sneijder won't defend, then the onus lies on rooney to expend his energy like he loves to do. the formation fergie played against the seattle sounders would be our primary formation this season. 2 strikers with someone in the hole. that someone will be sneijder or whoever fergie buys before the window slams shut.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 11:34am On Jul 21, 2011
^^^We've got like 7/8 strikers anyway . . . . way too much. Last night we play 4 of them (now add Chachrito, Welbeck and Berbatov)
So even if we play with 3 forwards, they cant all get games. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:42am On Jul 21, 2011
chamotex:

^^^We've got like 7/8 strikers anyway . . . . way too much. Last night we play 4 of them (now add Chachrito, Welbeck and Berbatov)

but having 2 slots for them in the starting team is better than just one position. 4-2-3-1 is too defensive. the striker is often starved with no services at all. in my opinion, 4-4-2 is the best but these days, managers have started positioning players between the lines and that can hurt real bad. that was where messi kept positioning himself and rio/vidic were clueless. they didn't know whether to follow him too deep or just stand and watch until he comes attacking.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 11:52am On Jul 21, 2011
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/manchester-united-forget-wesley-sneijder-we-need-to-replace-hargreaves

Very interesting article, well worth d read. D funniest part was

If we fail to sign a dynamic midfielder in this window, then we’ll be stuck with Fletcher hoofing into the away end, Carrick having a nervous breakdown anytime he’s faced with a Spaniard and Anderson sulking around the centre circle.

grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Mikocake(m): 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2011
utd performed wonderfully well in their match agains seattlÈ sander, hope they keep the fire burnin!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2011
coogar:

but having 2 slots for them in the starting team is better than just one position. 4-2-3-1 is too defensive. the striker is often starved with no services at all. in my opinion, 4-4-2 is the best but these days, managers have started positioning players between the lines and that can hurt real bad. that was where messi kept positioning himself and rio/vidic were clueless. they didn't know whether to follow him too deep or just stand and watch until he comes attacking.

4-1-3-2 is similar to the 4-4-2 formation.
The debate has always been how effective will Sneijder be in that formation.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2011
chamotex:

4-1-3-2 is similar to the 4-4-2 formation.
The debate has always been how effective will Sneijder be in that formation.

sneijder started his career in that position for ajax and real madrid. he will cope there very well.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by eldee(m): 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2011
Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-717997.0.html
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 8:56pm On Jul 21, 2011
chamotex:

Diouf and Macheda are going on loan.
Diouf is going to Blackpool and Macheda is being hawked around at present.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2011
i think 4-4-2 is slightly outdated and can easily be exploited.

Most teams just use 4-2-3-1. The Lone striker needs to be very mobile and drop deep into midfield while the 2 wing forward are pseudo striker who can score (Germany-Muller/Podolski, Barca- Pedro/Villa,, Bayern Robben Ribery Muller.) Valencia isnt that much of a goal threat.

Also Carrick cant do the marking alone and the middle would be exploited if only Carrick is there. Question marks about Youngs marking. Moreover carrick is not a Makelele styled marker.

Dont let Busquet deceive you because barcelona system alone starves the opposition of the ball and their forwards harras you from the top.

Your formation can work vs many lower side who would barely attack your middle, but you cant play Madrid(Alonso-Khedira ozil), barca(Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta), bayern(Gustavo, Schweisteiger Muller), etc with that Ferguson wont even dare
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2011
dayokanu:

i think 4-4-2 is slightly outdated and can easily be exploited.

by the same token, it's an attacking formation and if the strikers have a good day, the scores would be 7-5.

Most teams just use 4-2-3-1. The Lone striker needs to be very mobile and drop deep  into midfield while the 2 wing forward are pseudo striker who can score (Germany-Muller/Podolski, Barca- Pedro/Villa,, Bayern Robben Ribery Muller.) Valencia isnt that much of a goal threat.

too negative. almost all the world cup teams used it and the mundial became boring. as far as innovation is concerned, only chile played football the way it's meant to be and spain's tiki-taka also looked good. other teams were just rubbish

Also Carrick cant do the marking alone and the middle would be exploited if only Carrick is there. Question marks about Youngs marking. Moreover carrick is not a Makelele styled marker.

carrick does not mark - he intercepts. one of the best in the art of doing a defensive midfielder job without crunching tackles.

Dont let Busquet deceive you because barcelona system alone starves the opposition of the ball and their forwards harras you from the top.

but busquets plays the role for spain. the role is no longer makelele-esque or gattuso-esque. it's all about interception and reading the game well to curb danger.

Your formation can work vs many lower side who would barely attack your middle, but you cant play Madrid(Alonso-Khedira ozil), barca(Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta), bayern(Gustavo, Schweisteiger Muller),  etc with that Ferguson wont even dare

dayo, this formation is fluid. under attack, valencia and young quickly levels up with carrick and put a 3-man defensive shield in front of the back four.
it's very effective as it's quite torturous for opposing full backs.

mbulela:

Diouf and Macheda are going on loan.
Diouf is going to Blackpool and Macheda is being hawked around at present.

[img]http:///gallery/d/187562-1/Distraught_fan.gif[/img]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Mobinga: 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2011
Lmao ^^ That guy na ediot! grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2011
Saw this on the net.

TRIVIA TEASER: Ends with an 'A'

"New keeper David de Gea will become the 10th player to represent United whose name ends with an 'A'.

Judging by our research, we believe there are NINE others who have played for the Reds in competitive games - and all of them during Sir Alex Ferguson's reign.

We're not counting Brazilian twins Rafael and Fabio who could be included if using their da Silva names as well."

Off the top of my head right now

1. Djemba-Djemba
2. Evra
3.Valencia
4.O'Shea
5.Macheda

4 more . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 10:50am On Jul 22, 2011
louis saha
eric cantona
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by ritchboy(m): 11:22am On Jul 22, 2011
Tshabalala? cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 11:31am On Jul 22, 2011
coogar:

louis saha
eric cantona

Paul Rachubka
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 11:32am On Jul 22, 2011
ritchboy:

Tshabalala? cheesy

Quality player smiley
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:32am On Jul 22, 2011
floribet n'galula

ritchboy:

Tshabalala? cheesy

tshabalala? why not honda-alla. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 11:34am On Jul 22, 2011
coogar:

floribet n'galula

Oh yea the young Belgian (then)
Did he played in any competitive game tho?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2011
^^ No he didn't.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by DoubleN(m): 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2011
Just saw some glimpses of the Match agains the Seattle Sounders, I must admit i was really impressed with the improvements in Obertan's overall gameplay. I hope the dude does not have a relapse when the season starts proper. BTW Rooney is becoming a monster playing in deeper roles! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (2 -0) On 5th May 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.