Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Help Fix My Laptop Sound - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Fix My Laptop Sound (1954 Views)

Pls Help Fix This Problems / I Need A Good Laptop Engineer To Fix My Laptop Screen For Me In My Presence Asap / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Fix My Laptop Sound by ekpriobong(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2011
Hi,

I turned on my computer a couple of days ago and I found that my volume wasn't working. Instead, there was a red x next ot my speker on my taskbar, and when I moused over it it said, "No Audio Output Deivce is installed". I went over to device manager and checked under "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers" and my audio driver was completely missing! No yellow question mark next to it, nothing at all. So I go to the HP website to download the driver and I can't install it, instead I get this error message saying "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the device for this driver." I've emailed HP support about this and although they were trying to be helpful, I got nowhere with them. I even tried a full system restore, and the problem still persists. Help, I'm stumped!
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by femi4: 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2011
Let your system download the driver via device manager and scan for hardware changes.
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by deji2009(m): 11:11am On Jul 21, 2011
ekpriobong:

Hi,

I turned on my computer a couple of days ago and I found that my volume wasn't working. Instead, there was a red x next ot my speker on my taskbar, and when I moused over it it said, "No Audio Output Deivce is installed". I went over to device manager and checked under "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers" and my audio driver was completely missing! No yellow question mark next to it, nothing at all. So I go to the HP website to download the driver and I can't install it, instead I get this error message saying "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the device for this driver." I've emailed HP support about this and although they were trying to be helpful, I got nowhere with them. I even tried a full system restore, and the problem still persists. Help, I'm stumped!

With the above I assume you're ok to follow,

On your next reply please mention Laptop model for example HP 530 Windows Vista.

Go to HP website select your make and model and operating system type

Look for audio drivers until you found Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver

After installing the above mentioned driver, rebooted the computer and go to device manager,

Right Clicked on the device found under Sound and Video with exclamation, right clicked on it and update the driver.

If no joy go to HP website and download the audio drivers for example Realteak or Conexant

After that restart your computer then test. If no joy get back to us
I provide professional service in my area and will be grateful if a comment can be left on

my facebook regardless of the outcome.

Please search for Deji Sunday
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by vicajabor: 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2011
Its so clear that you have a hardware problem, something must have disconnected or lost contact from somewhere when u turned your system. Dont bother yourself looking for drivers its not the problem.
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by ekpriobong(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
@Deji, thanks for your concern pls. The model of the laptop is HP PAVILION DV6700 and is running on Windows Vista. I've tried all possible drivers related to it but to no avail. The system has not fell before or even opened.
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by ekpriobong(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2011
Nothing like Sound or anything related to it is found under Device Manager. As the sound seized, everything connected to it in the Device Manager dissappeared. Pls try for me.
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by deji2009(m): 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2011
vicajabor:

Its so clear that you have a hardware problem, something must have disconnected or lost contact from somewhere when u turned your system. Dont bother yourself looking for drivers its not the problem.
ekpriobong:

@Deji, thanks for your concern pls. The model of the laptop is HP PAVILION DV6700 and is running on Windows Vista. I've tried all possible drivers related to it but to no avail. The system has not fell before or even opened.
ekpriobong:

Nothing like Sound or anything related to it is found under Device Manager. As the sound seized, everything connected to it in the Device Manager dissappeared. Pls try for me.

Let us know if you've truely  followed the instructions. if the microsoft UAA is not available on the

HP website google it and download its free because is universal and no payment is require.

Download the microsoft UAA first of all before downloading the actual drivers from the website

If you have and still no joy I will be please to offer you a remote assistance. to make this possible ensure you're conncted to

the internet and download award winning http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Once downloaded and installed let us know and can give you a time slot.

here's a little testimony http://www.notebookforums.com/forum/thread/201134/driver-installation-failed-could-not-find-media-device-for-this-driver

When replying please look at the front of the model HP PAVILION DV6700

there should be something like HP PAVILION DV6700 cto ea, us, tx or so look on the sticker.

This issues is common on HP COMPAQ machine and have dealt with it 4 times
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by Goodman(m): 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2011
You can restore windows to a previous date that you know the sound works this process is called system restore. To perform system restore , Do the following:

1. Click start

2. Click on All Programs or programs depending on which operating system you are using.

3. Click on Accessories

4. Click on System Tools

5. Click on System Restore

The next Windows that pops up just click next, You will see a calender, Select any of the days in Bold, Assuming your sound was working this week Monday 18 July then choose 15 or 16 July and click next. The computer will restart upon completion.

Hope this helps.
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by ekpriobong(m): 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2011
@Goodman, I've tried System Restore. No avail.
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by deji2009(m): 9:37am On Jul 23, 2011
good luck
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by ekpriobong(m): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
Deji, pls can you help me with any link to downloading the Microsoft UAA for Win Vista, the one I found was for only Realtek and mine is Conexant.
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by deji2009(m): 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2011
ekpriobong:

Deji, pls can you help me with any link to downloading the Microsoft UAA for Win Vista, the one I found was for only Realtek and mine is Conexant.

www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3375953&swItem=ob-47284-1&prodNameId=3375995&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3375953&swItem=ob-47284-1&prodNameId=3375995&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

Install this one first then restart your notebook. visit device manager and see if there's a yellow sign

visit the hp website to download actual drivers for your laptop make and model.

After downloading the drivers visit device manager click on th yellow sign, update driver software

browse to the location of the drivers and click ok. restart to test

If the Micorost UAA report this not for vista then stop and dont go any further.

Visit a computer technician for repair/Support
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by ekpriobong(m): 10:52am On Jul 26, 2011
Thanks for all your concern Deji.
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by ekpriobong(m): 2:07am On Aug 06, 2011
its obvious it a sound hardware problem i've been experiencing, but can someone help on to go about with it especially what to change?
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by expensive007(m): 6:39am On Aug 06, 2011
If the problem persist u can take it to d nearest qualified engineer around u. Or u copy out ur important documents 4rm it & try to format it, vista can instal 4 u if it is HD i.e high definition, Or dont u like win7?
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by ekpriobong(m): 10:42am On Aug 06, 2011
formatting windows could not fix the problem. i've been switching between the two. Anyway thanks.
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by ekpriobong(m): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2011
This system is just behaving funny, just this morning when i boot the system, it started installing something and when i click to see what was it behold it was installing driver for the sound card. After the installation, everything return to normal and the sound worked, so I thank God but when i shut the system and restarting, the system has return to it initial condition again -No Sound! with the red x over the speaker. What should be responsible for this please because i know it not hardware problem as i thought at first? please give suggestions.
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 21, 2012
ekpriobong: @Deji, thanks for your concern pls. The model of the laptop is HP PAVILION DV6700 and is running on Windows Vista. I've tried all possible drivers related to it but to no avail. The system has not fell before or even opened.

smh. WV SUX BALLS!!

(Im switching to Windows undecided)

anyway...im going through this same issue right now.
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by Nobody: 1:50am On Jul 21, 2012
ekpriobong: This system is just behaving funny, just this morning when i boot the system, it started installing something and when i click to see what was it behold it was installing driver for the sound card. After the installation, everything return to normal and the sound worked, so I thank God but when i shut the system and restarting, the system has return to it initial condition again -No Sound! with the red x over the speaker. What should be responsible for this please because i know it not hardware problem as i thought at first? please give suggestions.

same here!!!

gooosh i wish this guy would return so i can get the results! grin
Re: Help Fix My Laptop Sound by 3RNEST(m): 2:23am On Jul 21, 2012
Hi Msdarkskin(MDS), lonqtime, i suggest u post ur issue at the computer problems thread surely u will get ur result..wat do u think?

(1) (Reply)

Enjoy Unlimited , Un-interupted Streaming &download Using MTN Maxi Bundle / Toshiba Laptop Intel Core I3 In Perfect Condition / Download The Latest Bluestack 2 For Windows With New Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.