Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? (2096 Views)

Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) / How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? / NIN Issues: I Never Registered For NIN.. How Do I Verify The NIN from *346#? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by panpan(m): 5:34am On Jun 09, 2022
Has anybody been able to unlink their NIN (National Identification Number) from their SIM?
There does not appear to much information on this issue online.

We have been told that the maximum number of SIMs that can be registered to an NIN is seven.

Unlinking your NIN from a SIM should be as simple as linking your NIN. It should not be cumbersome.

It is your right. You should not have to give reasons.

You should not have to provide another person's NIN to be linked to the SIM before your NIN can be unlinked.

It is not only phone SIMs that are of concern here.
SIMs used in modems for internet browsing may also be an issue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by Benjaniblinks(m): 5:35am On Jun 09, 2022
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:44am On Jun 09, 2022
Good question. But the man to answer it is busy plotting jihad.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by Lawlab254: 5:54am On Jun 09, 2022
Ok
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by odinaccess: 6:37am On Jun 09, 2022
You can't unbind oh
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:55am On Jun 09, 2022
If you want to unlink, you should do it before 7 working days after linking and that must be done at their head office.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by Abfinest007(m): 7:03am On Jun 09, 2022
I have done mine without visiting eir office
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by possibilita(m): 8:49am On Jun 09, 2022
Truth unlinking sims should be a right.
I just noticed 4 different numbers linked to my grandmother's NIN and I can't seem to be able to do anything about it
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 09, 2022
possibilita:
Truth unlinking sims should be a right.
I just noticed 4 different numbers linked to my grandmother's NIN and I can't seem to be able to do anything about it
You noticed but didn't find anything.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by panpan(m): 10:15am On Jun 09, 2022
Abfinest007:
I have done mine without visiting eir office

How did you do this?

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by Abfinest007(m): 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
panpan:

How did you do this?
normal code but my is mtn .u can also summit ur nin via d app
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by panpan(m): 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2022
Abfinest007:
normal code but my is mtn .u can also summit ur nin via d app

Are you referring to linking your NIN or unlinking?
I am asking how you may unlink your NIN from a SIM.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by odysey: 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2022
panpan:

try linking with another nin
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
You can't unlink your sim
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by Jacku: 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
I'm not sure if that's even possible sef
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by Abfinest007(m): 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
panpan:

I don't know about that one but I think u can do via d app I'm sure
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by panpan(m): 11:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
You can't unlink your sim

Jacku:
I'm not sure if that's even possible sef

If these statements are true, it is a serious matter and it should be addressed.

For example, a person may have linked two phone sims to his NIN.
Over a period of a few years, he may have linked his NIN to internet browsing sims of five different networks, though not necessarily using all networks at the same time.

He recently comes across a new internet browsing offer, but he cannot subscribe because he has attained the maximum number of linked sims (seven), and he cannot unlink any of the previous sims.

This is just an example of a possible scenario, but as stated previously, a person should be able to unlink a sim without having to give reasons; and the process should not be cumbersome.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by tunene66: 10:55am On Jun 10, 2022
panpan:

If these statements are true, it is a serious matter and it should be addressed.

Over a period of a few years, he may have linked his NIN to internet browsing sims of five different networks, though not necessarily using all networks at the same time.

He recently comes across a new internet browsing offer, but he cannot subscribe because he has attained the maximum number of linked sims (seven), and he cannot unlink any of the previous sims.

This is just an example of a possible scenario, but as stated previously, a person should be able to unlink a sim without having to give reasons; and the process should not be cumbersome.

Remember you have seven lines that you can link to an NIN.

While not speaking authoratively, I believe you can ask your service provider to block the line as you no longer want to use it. Most likely they will request for an affidavit and an indemnity so as to protect the provider from any liability that may arise. I believe that it will take some time so as to ensure that the reason for blocking the line is genuine enough. After that seek the approval of NIMC to unlink the line.

Honestly wetin person dey do with seven (7) lines? Just asking though
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by Abbeytoy(m): 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
panpan:

The reason for Nin linking to sim is for security, now you link to sìm and use for fraud, latter unlink and link to another sìm for another fraud.. Abah

If you don't have anything hidden, you don't need to look for how to unlink sìm.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by panpan(m): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
Abbeytoy:

The reason for Nin linking to sim is for security, now you link to sìm and use for fraud, latter unlink and link to another sìm for another fraud.. Abah

If you don't have anything hidden, you don't need to look for how to unlink sìm.

A person who wants to unlink his NIN from a sim should not be treated as a suspect.
Before the NIN link issue came up, sims were expected to be registered with a government-issued identification document.

One of the flaws of this NIN link rule is that the maximum number of sims that can be linked is seven.
Sims are not only used for phones; they are also used for internet browsing modems.

The need to unlink a sim, or for there not to be a maximum number of sims that can be linked, does not appear to be necessary now because the NIN link rule is relatively new.
After a few years, by the time several persons go through different internet service providers looking for the "best affordable" service, the need to unlink a previously used sim may arise.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Unlink Their NIN From Their SIM? by Abbeytoy(m): 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
panpan:

A person who wants to unlink his NIN from a sim should not be treated as a suspect.
Before the NIN link issue came up, sims were expected to be registered with a government-issued identification document.

One of the flaws of this NIN link rule is that the maximum number of sims that can be linked is seven.
Sims are not only used for phones; they are also used for internet browsing modems.

The need to unlink a sim, or for there not to be a maximum number of sims that can be linked, does not appear to be necessary now because the NIN link rule is relatively new.
After a few years, by the time several persons go through different internet service providers looking for the "best affordable" service, the need to unlink a previously used sim may arise.

I agree with unlimited linkage, but that's the rule for now and can be reviewed later

(1) (Reply)

How To Solve Mathematics Using Your Operamini / Please Read This Before Upgrading Your Infinix Hot 2 To Android 6 Marshmallow / MTN And 9MOBILE Cheap Data Bundle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.