Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? (50437 Views)

Please Help, NIN Issues! How Can I Unlink My Number From Another Person’s NIN? / Here's Why You Can't Call Your Number From Your Phone / How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2021
Please is it possible to unlink a registered phone number from a NIN. If so, how?

Supposing I lost my sim and don’t want to retrieve it, how do I go about unlinking it from NIN just in case the network provider recycles the phone number?

Is it also possible to register for NIN without a phone number?

Let’s say for instance, that I linked one of my phone numbers (which I bought for my semi literate Aunt in the village) to my NIN when the sim block scare was on and now she wants to register for her NIN herself and use the phone number as hers. We would naturally not want the phone number to throw up my details during NIMC registration (as double registration) and reject her/not permit her to obtain her own NIN.
How do you resolve this?

If you say she should get her own fresh new phone number, can she get a new sim without NIN? How can she register for NIN without a SIM when you need the NIN to get a SIM?

1 Like

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Ammishaddai: 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yahoo boy spotted cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Yahoo boy spotted cool
Don’t say what you don’t know. What do you mean by that? Please get out of my thread if you have nothing meaningful to contribute. God punish you big time.

28 Likes

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
Just say that u want to unlink because of Fantani

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Ammishaddai: 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
[s]
Fantachapman:

Don’t say what you don’t know. What do you mean by that? Please get out of my thread if you have nothing meaningful to contribute. God punish you big time.
[/s] You are a fraudster (aka Yahoo boy). If not why would you want to remove the NIN if you do not have an ulterior motive...

2 Likes

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Just say that u want to unlink because Fanta ni

What is Fanta got to do with this pls?
Dont you have someone in the village you bought SIM for? Do you mean to tell me you would take a 70 something year old woman to go queue in the sun just to register a new SIM for her? Be realistic bro.

3 Likes

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You are a fraudster (aka Yahoo boy). If not why would you want to remove the NIN if you do not have an ulterior motive...
Read my response to the previous guy. You don’t know me.

1 Like

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You are a fraudster (aka Yahoo boy). If not why would you want to remove the NIN if you do not have an ulterior motive...
How does an old woman living in the village get a phone number of her own without NIN? How does she register for NIN without a phone number?

1 Like

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Ammishaddai: 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2021
Why are you getting jittery? And besides, nothing stops you from telling your old lady what happened. Or do you have something to hide?

1 Like

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Why are you getting jittery? And besides, nothing stops you from telling your old lady what happened. Or do you have something to hide?
Ask questions to understand their plight without calling people fraudsters on public forum. It’s very bad. There is genuine reason for my question which many have not thought of.

I have given good reason in my main post and subsequent replies but you refuse to even read them.

2 Likes

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Does telling the old lady that she can’t register for her own NIN using the phone I gifted her, help her in any way? Hide what? What are you even talking about?

2 Likes

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Ammishaddai: 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
Fantachapman:

Does telling the old lady that she can’t register for her own NIN using the phone I gifted her, help her in any way? Hide what? What are you even talking about?
Bros, you story sounds fishy. But my advice is you go and tell the Old lady what you did and save yourself this embrassment. And secondly, the government has given fresh directives for New sim registerations to commence. So why not get her another sim card...or do you have another excuse?
Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Bros, you story sounds fishy. But my advice is you go and tell the Old lady what you did and save yourself this embrassment. And secondly, the government has given fresh directives for New sim registerations to commence. So why not get her another sim card..or do you have another excuse?

Thanks for the bolded. The last paragraph in my original post explains my issue with this. Please read and tell me if she can buy and register a new sim without NIN. Wouldn’t she need a phone number to enroll the NIN?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Goldbw122(m): 8:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
Nigeria only have virus they don't usually have the anti, but they will work on it very soon..

3 Likes

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 8:35pm On Apr 21, 2021
Goldbw122:
Nigeria only have virus they don't usually have the anti, but they will work on it very soon..
This is what has been bothering me. How can the so-called elite lawmakers and system designers in this country build a system without thinking about the questions I have raised.

2 Likes

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Exjoker(m): 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
The thing is sooner or later he will have to link whatever sim he has to his NIN.... So no need stressing yourself
Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
Exjoker:
The thing is sooner or later he will have to link whatever sim he has to his NIN.... So no need stressing yourself
The sim is already linked to my NIN. So my aunt can’t use it to register her NIN. Technically, she doesn’t have a phone number. She is using mine cos I bought it, registered and linked it to my existing NIN, then gifted it to her.

1 Like

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by ahmemmygrey(m): 9:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
Call customer care and ask dem
Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:22am On Apr 22, 2021
Fear of Pantami is the beginning of unlinking NIN. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 22, 2021
Try it first and see what happens. I also have 50million email list for sale, quote with your price.
Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by FirmTR(m): 8:45am On Apr 22, 2021
Like for me, I bought and registered the sim my mother is currently using.

When this NIN link with sim started, I linked both my personal sim and my mom's with my NIN. Though she's gotten her own NIN now.

In your case, I don't think it really matters. Your aunt could go ahead and register for her NIN, then input the number you bought for her if required.
Fantachapman:
Please is it possible to unlink a registered phone number from a NIN. If so, how?

Supposing I lost my sim and don’t want to retrieve it, how do I go about unlinking it from NIN just in case the network provider recycles the phone number?

Is it also possible to register for NIN without a phone number?

Let’s say for instance, that I linked one of my phone numbers (which I bought for my semi literate Aunt in the village) to my NIN when the sim block scare was on and now she wants to register for her NIN herself and use the phone number as hers. We would naturally not want the phone number to throw up my details during NIMC registration (as double registration) and reject her/not permit her to obtain her own NIN.
How do you resolve this?

If you say she should get her own fresh new phone number, can she get a new sim without NIN? How can she register for NIN without a SIM when you need the NIN to get a SIM?

1 Like

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by skywalker240(m): 11:16am On Apr 22, 2021
Oh Pantami...... grin

1 Like

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Kingdemu: 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
Fantachapman:

Thanks for the bolded. The last paragraph in my original post explains my issue with this. Please read and tell me if she can buy and register a new sim without NIN. Wouldn’t she need a phone number to enroll the NIN?
Telcos can now enroll you for NIN right there in their office. So all she needs to do is to present herself for biodata capture when buying the sim. I enrolled for NIN at a globacom outlet
Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 1:07pm On Apr 22, 2021
FirmTR:
Like for me, I bought and registered the sim my mother is currently using.

When this NIN link with sim started, I linked both my personal sim and my mom's with my NIN. Though she's gotten her own NIN now.

In your case, I don't think it really matters. Your aunt could go ahead and register for her NIN, then input the number you bought for her if required.

Really? That’s good to know. I have been worried they wouldn’t let her register for NIN cos the number would show as already linked.

1 Like

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kingdemu:
Telcos can now enroll you for NIN right there in their office. So all she needs to do is to present herself for biodata capture when buying the sim. I enrolled for NIN at a globacom outlet
Please which of their offices? Which state?
I was at an Mtn office today to enquire and was told they have not started issuing new SIM cards.
Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Kingdemu: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
Fantachapman:

Please which of their offices? Which state?
I was at an Mtn office today to enquire and was told they have not started issuing new SIM cards.

I am not talking about new SIM. I'm talking about NIN enrollment. I did mine last month in Glo office in Jos when I went for a business trip there. I was enrolled and few hours later they called me to come for the print out. You can walk in to any Telco outlet and demand to be enrolled for NIN not necessarily when you want to purchase a SIM card. All the outlets in Abuja are doing it.
Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Ajilenu: 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
Go to any of there centers and make enquiry.
Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by Fantachapman(m): 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kingdemu:

I am not talking about new SIM. I'm talking about NIN enrollment. I did mine last month in Glo office in Jos when I went for a business trip there. I was enrolled and few hours later they called me to come for the print out. You can walk in to any Telco outlet and demand to be enrolled for NIN not necessarily when you want to purchase a SIM card. All the outlets in Abuja are doing it.

Okay, thanks a lot for your help.

1 Like

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by FirmTR(m): 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
Fantachapman:

Really? That’s good to know. I have been worried they wouldn’t let her register for NIN cos the number would show as already linked.

I don't think so, let her just go and try.
I'm sure she will be registered with that number, just that she won't be able to link it with her NIN because it's been linked with yours already.
Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by niel63(m): 11:52pm On May 14, 2021
Fantachapman:

This is what has been bothering me. How can the so-called elite lawmakers and system designers in this country build a system without thinking about the questions I have raised.

All these IT people, una think say una get sense grin grin grin
Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by chukwuibuipob: 3:51am On May 15, 2021
grin wetin a 70 yrs old wan use NIN for undecided sad? Forget about unlinked.Let her continue to use the SIM card with Ur NIN number.Nothing do u.PataNLA dey watch grin U grin

1 Like

Re: How Can i Unlink a Phone Number From NIN? by onyekabe(m): 7:58am On Jul 03, 2021
I used my NIN to register my girlfriend number as at then but now we are no longer together and I wish to unlink her from my NIN please guys how do I go about it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Flash Your Phone Without Going To Engineers. / See The Message A Scammer Sent Me (pics) / Latest Mobile Games For Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.