Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. (45402 Views)

Please My Phone Was Stolen And I Got A Message / How Do I Track My Phone That Just Got Stolen? Pls HELP!! / How Do I Track My Phone That Got Stolen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by pocohantas(f): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2022
tayo60:
Not only you. Same thing happened to my last Friday/Saturday morning. D thief cut my window net like yours and entered d room, though I slept in sitting room but d moment he stepped into d sitting room, I woke up and saw a strange figure. I shouted ' Iwo wo niyen' meaning who you be. I started screaming thief thief, na so he escaped through the window. That was when I saw a wide opening from my window. Fortunately for me, he couldn't steal anything from me. Anytime I wake up in d night, na so so window I dey check dey look outside

So sorry about your experience. I can’t imagine seeing a strange figure inside my house, must have been very scary for you.

You mean he stepped into your apartment? No burglary proof or what? Have you taken steps to ensure this doesn’t repeat itself? Please do!

5 Likes

Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Keniwit(m): 11:10am On Jun 10, 2022
Deal with d trumma
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by GloriousGbola: 11:16am On Jun 10, 2022
Same happened to me.
It never really leaves you.
Especially with the house I live in now which has all sorts of bump in the night noises
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Vipro(m): 11:17am On Jun 10, 2022
Ginaz:

Finally I’ve been diagnosed. Na to go do therapy. grin
Sorry,What is PTSD?

1 Like

Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Truvelisback(m): 11:18am On Jun 10, 2022
Ginaz:
Good evening house.
My phone got stolen last year November. The thief cut my window net and stole my phone along with the charger through the window. I woke up around 4.a.m searching for my phone with no success till I looked at the window and saw the big hole staring at me. I was so shocked is an understatement.

I have replaced my phone but right now I wake up in the night and start looking for my phone even if I must have safely keep it.

I wake up and first thing I search for, is my phone.
I open eyes, first thing I want to see, is my phone. sad

How do I stop this biko? grin Who have experienced this? Is it panic attack or what?
Why u know lock ur window?
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Mike008(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2022
Post-traumatic Stress Disoder
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by DeGLORIOUS: 11:20am On Jun 10, 2022
Namdeenero:
Once bitten twice shy.. Your brain is simply being woke grin
No be shy again o. Na once beaten twice educated grin
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by ManIzHot: 11:29am On Jun 10, 2022
Ginaz:
Good evening house.
My phone got stolen last year November. The thief cut my window net and stole my phone along with the charger through the window. I woke up around 4.a.m searching for my phone with no success till I looked at the window and saw the big hole staring at me. I was so shocked is an understatement.

I have replaced my phone but right now I wake up in the night and start looking for my phone even if I must have safely keep it.

How do I stop this biko? grin Who have experienced this? Is it panic attack or what?

Bro, only if human know and consider the negative side effects committing atrocity do to human, probably the world woulda be a better place.

Student days: I was robbed in ife(oau) they came with gun and dagger, took our laptops and cellphones

Here in Lagos: former apartment, Thief came in the night, due to scream of neighbors they couldn't stay long but they came to our passage and went with my expensive safety boot.

Lagos, current apartment: Thief came around in the night and stole a neighbor phones and accessories.

My current state: Anytime I bring laptop home from office, I will have to hide it, I can't even work or study at night anymore.

I will also hide my phones, any small sound I am awake.

I never knew I have been so negatively affected until I went to my friend's place with my laptop cause we were supposed to work on a project, in the night, I had to ask her where I can hide my laptop, everyone was just laughing, main while they have series of laptops left around without fear.

I had to shook my head, and I was like damn I have been psychologically messed up. I still hid my laptop though

Sigh

4 Likes

Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 10, 2022
Poverty is a disease, go see your doctor at once!. angry
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by hardon1(m): 11:35am On Jun 10, 2022
I think say na only warri those window thieves dey o angry
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by folake4u(f): 11:35am On Jun 10, 2022
Ginaz:
Good evening house.

Omo. I can relate oh.
This experience will leave rent free in your head for a really long time.

Last year,when I stayed in an Uncle's former apartment with my cousin and her friends, the robbers cut my window while I slept and took money from my purse, they weren't able to take my phone cos I put it under my bed.
It was after they've taken my money and went to other areas of the house that my cousin came into my room, shook me violently that the "fine boys were upon us". I jolted from sleep and went into panic attack immediately.
Those bastard$ stayed in the house till 4-5am. We were lucky we weren't raped at all.

Till now,I still get disturbed anytime I hear sound at night. I still put my phone under the bed. I nor fit for wahala. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by yemmywesey(m): 11:45am On Jun 10, 2022
Open your wardrobe, put your phone in it. Lock it with keys.
Go and put the keys into your fridge and sleep.
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Zukky123(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2022
PTSD
Ginaz:
Good evening house.

Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Lovelydaisies: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2022
I remember as a student in 2013, my phone was stolen from the window where I kept it after answering a call late that night. I didn't normally leave it by the window because I'd seen where someone's phone got stolen from the first floor window. I was also on the first floor. The caller had somewhat annoyed me and I was too weak to keep it under the bed where I usually kept it. I just woke up to the absence of the phone but the SIM card was left there. This shouldn't have been more than three hours after I took the call. The funny thing is that I looked out of the window and saw the thief going around other people's windows too. sad sad

I still stayed by the window corner but I learned to keep my phone under the bed. Even till now I live on the third floor, I still fear
window thieves. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Mcmichaelin1: 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ginaz:
Good evening house.

I have replaced my phone but right now I wake up in the night and start looking for my phone even if I must have

If you want to track it I can help you
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
If you r so scared like a little girl get a keep box. Drop befor you go to bed and when you wake up check there first before the panic will set in
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by naturefellow(m): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
That's trauma.
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by bowei(m): 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
You feel Violated my brother, leaving that environment mostly solves it.
Ginaz:
Good evening house.

Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Lukaku12: 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
ptsd
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by TeeGod(m): 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
U're going through PTSD maybe is because u're too emotional. Engage in things that will stop u from having flashbacks or nightmares; maybe u're still feeling sad that u lost ur phone or maybe fear or anger. Try and get someone to be spending the night with probably a boyfriend or girlfriend so u won't be alone in the room.
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by teelaw4life(m): 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2022
grin grin PTSD na your mate?
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by tayo60(f): 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2022
pocohantas:

So sorry about your experience. I can’t imagine seeing a strange figure inside my house, must have been very scary for you.

You mean he stepped into your apartment? No burglary proof or what? Have you taken steps to ensure this doesn’t repeat itself? Please do!

There is a burglary proof but part of it is rusted, and he took advantage of that to gain entrance. Yes, I have welded d rusted part now and changed d window net. Thanks
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Makowonda: 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2022
What on earth would make me keep my phone by the window while sleeping?Sometimes na una di tempt thief to steal.
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by ufotunang: 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ginaz:
Good evening house.

...put your phone in your pocket while sleeping or under your pillow while sleeping or put the phone in your cupboard and lock the cupboard while sleeping and you will not be worried again
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Cutehector(m): 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ginaz:
Good evening house.

it happened to me.. I changed apartment and such panic attacks have stopped. It will only stop if you change location.

I even remember a funny day when i had a visitor who came to my house to pass the night, i slept and woke up dreaming someone came to steal my phone..i woke up with a loud shout, who is that..

My visitor was shocked ... I felt embarassed

Panic attack is a very bad thing.

It gets better when you change environment.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Tradegood: 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ginaz:
Good evening house.

It will stop if you can try this.
Tell your body, by speaking out loud that you will read a passage of your Bible first, understand and digest it before you search for your phone.

Say, "body listen up, we are going to read the Bible first before we search for phone", it will immediately realign itself to you.

Meanwhile, have a particular place you keep the phone before you sleep.
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Lucyspa: 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ginaz:
Good evening house.

Was ur window open?
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Kamalex2: 4:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
Brother mi how many times have told you not to smoke that weed again
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Wardstunna22(m): 4:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
Buy a Sharp Dog
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by solla22: 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2022
My People say.. Person wey snake don bite once.. if e see cooked noodles e go run for im life
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by maasoap(m): 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ginaz:

It will get better with time, the loss and experience is still fresh in your brain. You're not the first to lose his phone through that method of stealing.
Re: My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. by Ginaz(f): 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
Lucyspa:

Was ur window open?

No o. He must have opened the window somehow, cut the net and took the phone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 / Top 10 Android Apps 2020 / See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.