Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out (1133 Views)

I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me / Don’t Let Them Stop You From Traveling Abroad Due To Cold – Us-based Man (video) / Swiss Official Wants To Stop Nigerians From Traveling Abroad Completely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by wpadmin: 11:32pm On Jun 11, 2022
I believe Nigeria can work if majority of people intentionally try to make it work.

You can be within the country or outside the country and still contribute to the greatness of the Nation.

We were not all created equally and it is not a bad thing.

Some people are optimistic even when situations are bad while some may not be patient enough.

You cannot blame anybody who is seeking for greener pastures outside the country. We were not all brought up in the same conditions and we do not have the same life experience.

It is even a good thing for some people in the country to travel out.

At least, they will get a good education for their kids, they will see and understand a system that works, they will make money and send to their relatives in Nigeria.

Their kids can later come back to the country and start big businesses that will employ a lot of Nigerians. Some may come back to replicate systems that they learnt in developed countries.

Instead of discouraging anyone from traveling, tell them never to forget home. Tell them to contribute to the development of the country they originate from.

Even if they don't believe in One Nigeria, tell them to help their state of origin.

They can give scholarships to smart kids in their villages.

The can create subsidised schools, skill acquisition centres, they can donate facilities.

We cannot all be here.

9 Likes

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by yanabasee(m): 11:47pm On Jun 11, 2022
The people getting discouraged are idiotz....

Same way nobody can ever discourage them from getting rich... why then will they be discouraged from stepping out of this country?

3 Likes

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by abobote: 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
Nice thread.
The worse condition in US is better than what most people consider the best condition in Nigeria.
My monthly house rent now, is the same with my yearly house rent in Nigeria. But when I was in Nigeria, I couldn't pay, and was giving quit notice. Here I have been paying the same amount monthly, I couldn't pay yearly without issue.
If you any means to leave Nigeria, kindly do

8 Likes

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by gaby(m): 12:11am On Jun 12, 2022
Na people wey dey look for people wey dem go dey come back Nigeria to show off and buga to dey discourage people from japaing legally.

If you get legal way, you better jakpa go find you and your children better life or else, na so these bastards wey don rule una grandfathers, theirr fathers rule una fathers, dem don still dey position their children everywhere to still rule una with una children.

Even dem no believe in the country. Na jakpa side all their children dey while the poor man pikin dey believe say him fit fight to save the cesspit called a country.

They only ever come back to rule you guys...

Make una wise up oh..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by gaby(m): 12:12am On Jun 12, 2022
abobote:
Nice thread.
The worse condition in US is better than what most people consider the best condition in Nigeria.
My monthly house rent now, is the same with my yearly house rent in Nigeria. But when I was in Nigeria, I couldn't pay, and was giving quit notice. Here I have been paying the same amount monthly, I couldn't pay yearly without issue.

US na heaven on earth confirmed.

The naysayers are merely ignorant themselves but can never be humble to admit it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by SIMONEKPA7: 12:43am On Jun 12, 2022
Na mumu de listen to those bad belle's that always advice against travelling out.
If the oversea is so bad as they claimed what is keeping them over there. Make them return back me we check something
Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by babasolution: 1:30am On Jun 12, 2022
The BLACK African is a perpetual slave to the whiteman. So if whiteman no create better country una for die here.Slaves

2 Likes

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by justwise(m): 8:14am On Jun 12, 2022
People always feel discouraged because they did not get preferred answer to their illegal way of traveling.

Nobody with money and plan feel discouraged about traveling abroad because they have done their research and know what they want.

If you find legal way of traveling abroad then plan and go ahead ...i will always encourage that

The rest? Don't waste your time and the little money you have because you are going to suffer living abroad illegally. if you see this as discouragement then deal with your low self-esteem

7 Likes

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by justwise(m): 8:22am On Jun 12, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
Na mumu de listen to those bad belle's that always advice against travelling out.
If the oversea is so bad as they claimed what is keeping them over there. Make them return back me we check something

Send them money for ticket to return back, many will thank you for life. For thousands of people its not just about returning home, they can't afford it, they have no place to return to after many years abroad living illegally, so they are stucked, the longer you live abroad illegally the difficult it becomes to return home, you are like a gambler waiting for that big win to stop gambling but it never happen and your addiction grows daily.

7 Likes

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by modskiller(m): 9:17am On Jun 12, 2022
Don’t let nobody discourage you!
Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by Etinosa1234: 10:57am On Jun 12, 2022
If u have the means to Japa, pls do.. But let us know that not everyone has the means to do so..

Japa is not something u do with 100k or 200

And this can cause depression knowing that no matter how u try in this country, u can hardly raise the needed funds to japa...

Let's vote for a better Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by ednut1(m): 11:27am On Jun 12, 2022
There is nothing like stop discouraging people. If you want to japa you will still go ahead regardless of what anyone says

2 Likes

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by BigDawsNet: 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Don't listen to people discouraging you

Only listen to people advising you npt to travel with improper documents...

A short visa can make you struggle for real

Abroad now this days wasn't like before.. covid messed up things... and since 2010, many European economies have struggled with high debt and low economic growth... but in all its still far better than Nigeria standard of living....

If you hav the finance... pls make the decision and relocate...
Don't do it for yourself, but for your kids....

May God bless us all

1 Like

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by wpadmin: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
justwise:
[/b]

Send them money for ticket to return back, many will thank you for life. For thousands of people its not just about returning home, they can't afford it, they have no place to return to after many years abroad living illegally, so they are stucked, the longer you live abroad illegally the difficult it becomes to return home, you are like a gambler waiting for that big win to stop gambling but it never happen and your addiction grows daily.

But a lot of Nigerians live abroad legally.
Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by Justiceleague1: 11:20am On Jun 13, 2022
Etinosa1234:
If u have the means to Japa, pls do.. But let us know that not everyone has the means to do so..

Japa is not something u do with 100k or 200

And this can cause depression knowing that no matter how u try in this country, u can hardly raise the needed funds to japa...
okpemugheghe,one way to vote for a better Nigeria is to bash the Igbos 24/7 everyday grin
Let's vote for a better Nigeria
Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by TheEnforcer: 11:59am On Jun 13, 2022
abobote:
Nice thread.
What state?
Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by GeorgianTravel: 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
Do not mind them, I realize that some do not do that out of good will. maybe they want us all to perish together. Someone was trying to tell me how much business i can establish with the amount i was going to travel abroad with. He doesn’t know how many businesses i have tried in Nigeria that swallowed my money.
It is not easy anywhere but it is better to strive in a place where the odds are not against you. Nigerians should let people who are tired of the country try other clime, stop preaching to them to stay and fix the country as if they are members of the executive council.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by Backpedal: 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
If you need someone on social media to convince you on a life decision you have taken or want to take; that means you are not a strong adult

4 Likes

Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by Etinosa1234: 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Justiceleague1:
okpemugheghe,one way to vote for a better Nigeria is to bash the Igbos 24/7 everyday

Guy u are depressed grin
Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by modskiller(m): 4:56am On Jun 14, 2022
Don’t let nobody who’s got no dream than Their online 30K zombie-ism job discourage you.
Re: Stop Discouraging People From Traveling Out by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 14, 2022
I support Changing BASE wholeheartedly....
IF not for anything, at least for Education!
But no leave Frying Pan enter Fire oo!
Choose your Countries wisely!
Some are cousins to Naija....

(1) (Reply)

Migration To Canada / Any Wild And Crazy Stories That Happened To You On Your Trip/stay In Nigeria / Moving To Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.