Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? (219 Views)

Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator / Atheism Or God-Hateism? / Which Is The Default Position? Atheism Or Theism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? by Abdulgaffar22: 8:26am On Jun 12, 2022
Which one is closer to the truth ; Atheism or Agnosticism or Theism ?

Atheism (belief that no deities exist) presupposes the complete absence of a real mind. Yet, the very concept of atheism cannot be understood or even exist without a real mind. Hence, atheism is self-contradictory because it undercuts its own justification

Agnosticism (belief that existence of a deity is uncertain) doubts the existence of a real mind. But the very concept of agnosticism cannot be understood or even exist without a real mind. So like atheism, agnosticism is self-contradictory because it also undercuts its own justification.

Theism (belief in the existence of at least one deity) presupposes the existence of a real mind. Yet the same real mind is required for the concept of theism to be understood or exist. Therefore, unlike atheism and agnosticism which are self-contradictory because they undercut their own justification, theism is not self-contradictory.

Hence, theism is closer to the truth than atheism and agnosticism.
Re: Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? by SuperWriter(f): 8:36am On Jun 12, 2022
I just learned a new thing this morning.

Thank you OP
More ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:38am On Jun 12, 2022
The atheist world view at its core is that any belief in God should be supported by evidence...As long as there is insufficient evidence to support a belief in God such belief is withheld...

The religious world view on the other hand is that a belief in God should be maintained despite any and all evidence to the contrary..

Now..one could argue whether this is “logical” or not... The fact remains that atheism exists because some people refuse to believe in something for which there is no good evidence..whereas religion exists because some people believe something despite evidence to the contrary (and will constantly attempt to justify and re-interpret not only their own beliefs but reality itself so as to preserve those beliefs)...

So think..theism/Religion is not only illogical but meant for the deluded.. cheesy grin
That nonsense is not in any way close to the truth.. except y'all love self deceit..

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? by mumumugu(m): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2022
Agnostic say they don't know.

That is the best

Theist claim to know yet have seventy seven versions of Contradictory god
Re: Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? by Abdulgaffar22: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2022
Similar argument ;

1. Concepts of truth and falsehood exist right now

2. But these concepts of truth and falsehood cannot be understood or even exist without a real or true mind.

3. Therefore, the concepts of truth and falsehood presupposes the existence of a real or true mind.

4. However, a real or true mind cannot be found in an atheistic universe. This implies that atheism is false.

5. If atheism is false, then theism must be true.

Which of the five points listed above is not true ?
Re: Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? by Blue86(m): 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2022
I am the way, the truth, and the life~ Jesus Christ.
Re: Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
The atheist world view at its core is that any belief in God should be supported by evidence...

As long as there is insufficient evidence to support a belief in God such belief is withheld...

We remember that atheists use to say "there was no evidence".

Then, they CHANGED POST to say "insufficient evidence".

Now, you do not even look at the evidence at all which I think is because God has now made them blind that they can not even see at all.
Re: Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
mumumugu:
Agnostic say they don't know.

That is the best

Theist claim to know yet have seventy seven versions of Contradictory god

Would you follow an "I don't know" vehicle from Abuja to Lagos?

Surely, you are thankful that you have the many options of GIG, Young Shall Grow, ABC Transport, PMT, Cross Country etc.
Re: Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? by mumumugu(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Would you follow an "I don't know" vehicle from Abuja to Lagos?

Surely, you are thankful that you have the many options of GIG, Young Shall Grow, ABC Transport, PMT, Cross Country etc.

It is better to meet a stranger that tells me he doesn't know the road than to meet ten different theist claiming to know the way yet each giving me different direction. The former is honest. The later are doing guesswork.
Why don't they let me do my guesswork then assure me their own guess is right.liars

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Closer To The Truth ; Atheism Or Agnosticism Or Theism ? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
mumumugu:

It is better to meet a stranger that tells me he doesn't know the road than to meet ten different theist claiming to know the way yet each giving me different direction. The former is honest. The later are doing guesswork.
Why don't they let me do my guesswork then assure me their own guess is right.liars

And you will never ever follow the "I don't know"

But it is up to you to use your good or bad intelligence and sense, to decide out of the abundance of "I know the way" to decide which is good or bad for you.

And like those transporters, some will hustle you while some will leave you alone.

But in all in all, this is also part of everyday living and you ought to have been used to it, so you are supposed to know how to handle this issue.

But, one thing still stands out "YOU WILL NEVER FOLLOW AN "I DON'T KNOW"!

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Most Of Spiritual People Sleep Through Sermon In Church / The School Of Holy Insanity! / Domestic Violence In The Church!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.