Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" (18349 Views)

How People Are Risking Their Lives In Oshodi (photos) / Please Help: How Can I Track My Uk Visa Application - Applicant Status / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2011
Hello fellow forum members,

I am a Nigerian living in London and have applied for Nigerian passport online and to attend the interview in London. I have other documents required but missing the quarantor form. I do not currently have my old passport, this application will be treated as first time passport.

Have anyone obtain their passport recently from the Nigerian embassy in London, is it mandatory that you must complete the quarantor form when the applicant is  living abroad and a European citizen? Advice needed please as my interview date is drawing near and hope to travel to Nigeria pretty soon.

Thank you for your time and God bless.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by renntin: 10:38am On Jul 21, 2011
I obtained mine last week. You need the guarantor form. Print it out and get your friend with valid nigerian passort to sign it for you. Ignore the swearing b4 commissioner of oaths part,it will be sorted out at nigerian house. Make a photocopy of your friends passport and a ask him for
his recent passport photography, dully signed at the back.
Note: That's my take,,others view might be different, as those guys over there are funny at times.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by renntin: 10:40am On Jul 21, 2011
oops ,passport photograph and not passport photography.lol.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by justwise(m): 10:43am On Jul 21, 2011
I never submitted any guarantor form, no swearing b4 commissioner, just made the payment and got the postal order, that was it.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 11:03am On Jul 21, 2011
Thank you renntin and Justwise for your responses. I will do that, I have downloaded the form already but part of me tells me to ignore it. I only need the passport to travel to Nigeria, with the guarantor form it makes the whole process of obtaining the passport stressful.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by renntin: 11:24am On Jul 21, 2011
Justwise you are right, i beleive yours was a case of re issue.The op is applying as a first timer,which will be treated as a case of lost passport. I was in similar situation.
op, get the guarantor form if you can,it will safe you the hassle. And again,get ready to spend the whole day at the high commission,because cases of lost passport are treated last. i was there till half six. Good luck.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by justwise(m): 11:48am On Jul 21, 2011
renntin:

Justwise you are right, i beleive yours was a case of re issue.The op is applying as a first timer,which will be treated as a case of lost passport. I was in similar situation.
op, get the guarantor form if you can,it will safe you the hassle. And again,get ready to spend the whole day at the high commission,because cases of lost passport are treated last. i was there till half six. Good luck.

Mine was e-passport application. I went there after 11am and came out after 4pm, if u go early enough then u wouldn't have to spend the whole day there.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 11:59am On Jul 21, 2011
Ok, I will get the guarantor form, wow a whole day, the embassy must be really busy. I take your advice to go there early, I hope they attend to people according to que no.

Thanks for the info.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by justwise(m): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2011
Goodman:

Ok, I will get the guarantor form, wow a whole day, the embassy must be really busy. I take your advice to go there early, I hope they attend to people according to que no.

Thanks for the info.

They do that, you will be given a number as u walk in then u listen and watch the screen as numbers are called.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by renntin: 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2011
I was on the queue at half eight in the morning. One good thing is, no matter how busy,you will all be attended to. Too many nigerians,less than 15 data capturing machines.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2011
Thank you guys, I now know what to expect. It seems organised. One more question, how long does it take to get the new passport delivered after the interview?
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by justwise(m): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2011
Goodman:

Thank you guys, I now know what to expect. It seems organised. One more question, how long does it take to get the new passport delivered after the interview?

Mine took 2 & half wks, they will not send it by post, u have to go there to collect it.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2011
Second trip for collection in person, it seems weird. Would prefer to pay for courier to get it delivered. so courier option is not available? How do you know that the passport is ready for collection?
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by renntin: 1:13pm On Jul 21, 2011
Mine took 10days. You will to told when to come for it.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2011
The applicant will be told when to collect it on the day of the interview. Hope there is no waiting time when you come to collect your passport at the embassy lol.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Glamourgal(f): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
Help please. What do I need to take with me?

I wasn't given any info other than the interview date.

How can I speed up my interview date?
It's not till next year!

These people never pick up! sad
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2011
Hi there,

I had my interview today, it was a nightmare. Arrived at 8:00am left 5:00PM, will be collecting the passport next week. Shame they do not do Courier service. Be prepare before your interview date gather as much documents as you will probably get your hand on. If you are obtaining a new passport like me without your old nigeria passport to show. Here is what you need:

§ Letter to the High Commissioner stating the circumstances of loss of passport;
§ Submission of one copy of form C1;
§ Submission of photocopy of the data page of Passport. One copy of Guarantor’s Form (P.21) duly Sworn before the Commissioner for Oaths at the Nigeria High Commission;
§ Submission of a Police Report clearly stating loss of the Nigerian Passport;
§ Submission of Birth Certificate or Sworn Declaration of Age duly signed by Commissioner for Oaths of Nigeria High Commission;
§ Submission of a Sworn Declaration of the loss of Passport signed by the Commissioner for Oaths of the Nigeria High Commission;
§ Submission of two studio-taken passport photographs (one of which must be endorsed on the reverse side by the Recommender who must also be a Nigerian);
§ Documentary proof of profession (Letter from Employer or P60);
§ Payment of £100 processing fee on the date of interview in Postal Order made payable to the Nigeria High Commission London;
Click here to download requirements and form
§ Production of proof of applicant’s residence status i.e. letter from the Home office showing evidence of stay in UK;
§ Proof of applicant Address in UK i.e. 2 utility bills (e.g. Gas, Electricity) or Bank Statement;
§ Letter from the academic institution (Students only).

I applied in may this year and had my interview today. I am not sure if there is a way to speed the process up. The security at the gate said it loud if your interview slip is not showing todays date please leave the line.

Some people who even have that interview scheduled for the day were sent home for lack of documentation. I meet people who were previously sent home at their first interview appointment because of missing documents.

After collecting my passport that will be my first and last dealings with the embassy. They are inefficient IMHO.

Visit their confusing website: http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/passport-requirements

I wish you the best of luck.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Glamourgal(f): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
8-5pm !! WT, ?!?!?!?!
That's the whole day gone.

A lot of requirements though. Na wa!

Mine's first time Naija passport.
Any ideas what I might need? Can't find it on the site.

I already paid online. Hope they wont ask for more money.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 9:44pm On Aug 25, 2011
You need £100 postal order you cannot believe it. add £12 for postal order fees. At one point I want to forget about the altogether and get a visa for my british passport, you will still endup paying more than £100 for the visa considering I already paid $65 online for the passprt. It is a complete ripoff. Just close your eye and do what ever it takes. We need a revolution.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Glamourgal(f): 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2011
I considered visa, and then applying for a Naija passport in Naija but the amount, dayummm!!
So I decided to go for the cheaper option. But now it sounds like it's a more expensive option-if I have to pay for the stuff you mentioned. O dear!!
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2011
If you are going to travel soon you might consider getting the visa but do not be surprise that it will cost almost the same amount as getting the passport. In nigeria you can get it done for about Eighteen thousand naira and will be available within 2-3 days.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Glamourgal(f): 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2011
Ye, my friend was saying I could have gotten it same day for 20k.

I don't need it till next year, thank god.

These people no dey try at all!! And there's no one we can complain to.
KMT!
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2011
ok, just get the passport here because you have already start the process, docs gathering is difficult but annoying. Download the guarantor form, get your friend who have a valid naija passport to sign, you will need a photocopy of his/her data page.

download the form from here http://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/PassportGuarantor you will need the Passport Application Id and Passport Reference No located in your payment confirmation slip. Once login your name will appear on the form.

For the rest of the required docs read my previous post with the link to lost passport. Even though you tell them that you never own naija pass before the london embassy want you to lie in other to collect £100 from you. Except if you were born in the UK.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Glamourgal(f): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2011
Na wa o ! Such a long process. And they never mentioned any of this to me.
Useless people.

Thanks a lot. Will make a note of everything so I leave nothing behind. Can't be going back there for another interview.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2011
Yes, just take your time to gather the docs, you will be fine.

Best wishes
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by tamjosh: 6:30am On Oct 13, 2011
Hi All,

I live in the UK with my family and I have today submitted an application for 4 e-passports, 2 adults & 2 children. We are all british citizens but may need to frequently visit Nigeria from now on. Now my problem is I dont want to take my children to the Nigeria high commission (5 & 4 yrs old). It would be such a long & boring day for them & dont want to take them out of school as well.

Question: Can myself and my wife go with all 4 applications, take along our children's application with their signed passport photos and consent letters etc, we both already have the old nigerian passports (expired) so should be pretty straight foward right?

Also do we need a solicitor or notaries public to authenticate the consent letters?

Any help / advice will be very much appreciated.
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Goodman(m): 10:51am On Oct 13, 2011
I think that the kids will have to be there, I do not think the embassy accept passport photographs. The picture/photo used on the nigerian passport is taken by the embassy official during the collection of your biometric data. It is possible that either you or your wife can collect the four passports on behalf of the family.

Best of your luck
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by sairus(m): 4:58pm On May 04, 2019
Goodman:
Second trip for collection in person, it seems weird. Would prefer to pay for courier to get it delivered. so courier option is not available? How do you know that the passport is ready for collection?
Guys please I want to apply for a Nigerian international passport.I have all the requirements buh how do I get a guarantor's form?
note;its my first time of application..
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Kryptolord: 8:07am On Sep 29, 2019
Thanks
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by Wonderjay123: 11:37am On Oct 05, 2020
Hi, I'm at the immigration centre office and even though I already paid online for the epassport, I met with an immigration officer who made me pay 7k to get it sorted out even though today is my interview date, and the agent is telling me I need both a voter's card and an international passport to be used as guarantor along with the form instead of just the international passport. Is this true or am I being exploited?
Re: Guarantor Form For Nigerian Passport"applicant Lives In London" by manspeedle: 8:03pm On Jan 23
I'm in Nigeria right now, applying for international passport.
have paid only.
am
yet to visit the embassy for interview.
please what and what is needed for guarantor.
put a brother through please. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Unidentified Woman Killed In Accident In Nasarawa, Man Injured (Graphic Photos) / UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens / Dangote Truck Rams Into Moore Filling Station, Ekiti State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.