Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Nigerian Passport: Current Price - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (43658 Views)

Nigerian Passport Can Take You To 44 Countries Without Visa….[see List] / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / Applying For Nigerian Passport Reissue In Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Passport: Current Price by shashxxl(m): 1:30pm On May 28, 2006
Hello people, I'm resident in the uk,
Can anyone advise me what the current price of Nigerian passport is, as I intend sending funds home to my sister to acquire one back home in Lagos?
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by LoverBwoy(m): 2:09pm On May 28, 2006
why don't u get 1 in the U.K a bit expensive but its genuine and u dnt bribe anyone

plus your passport can be seized by customs/immigration when they're sending it to you

N10,000 - N20,000
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Genial(m): 2:24pm On May 28, 2006
@LoverBwoy:

He/she wants to send money to a sister at Lagos for the passport, not procure a passport for him(her?)self.

@shashxxl:

I know that the official price is (was?) N5,500. However, you are more likely to get it at this price in Northern parts of the country, where the demand for passports is relatively low.

In Abuja, you'll probably get it for about N7,000 to N8,000. In Lagos, it could be up to N15,000 (N20,000?).

I hope you find that helpful.
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Badman888(m): 2:50pm On May 28, 2006
the official price is N5000, but different offices have their inflated prices, like 10k or so
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by layi(m): 3:20pm On May 28, 2006
Official - N5000 but u wait for months undend to get ur passport cos everyone is going the other route - N15K (same day delivery (appearance or not).

On a lighter side, I got mine in 2001 for 12K (same day), I coulnt imagine myself jumping a queue of about 2,000 people at the passport office in Ikeja. Na so bribe dey work, I was even beggin the officals to queue so that these people waiting wont linch but they refused, red carpet staright to the main office.
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by rana2k5: 3:28pm On May 28, 2006
thats something i know about but where i can verify the reliablity of the nigerian passsport?? i means to say that if there is some online verifictaion system or as such some webiste or some person who can verify that the nigerian passport issued is quite true and int not the result of scamming or illegal? ranaswl@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by shashxxl(m): 3:32pm On May 28, 2006
Thank u all 4 ur invaluable input.The passport is for my sister back home not me just trying to budget .
Thanks again
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Mariory(m): 5:02pm On May 28, 2006
No offence guys but, if you're willing to pay inflated prices to jump the que. Are you not helping corruption to thrive?
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by 4Play(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2006
@MARIORY
No,U are helping the process move along.If U DON'T do it someoneelse will.That is the reality of the life we live in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Badman888(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2006
Mariory:

No offence guys but, if you're willing to pay inflated prices to jump the que. Are you not helping corruption to thrive?

then you wait 4 ages before you get ur passports, they have started the corruption if you want to form the good guy you would only suffer it, they have to be fair to everyone first
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Mariory(m): 5:08pm On May 28, 2006
So corruption is bad only when it doesn't favour us? Understood!

And we wonder why corruption is endemic in Nigerian society.
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by 4Play(m): 5:17pm On May 28, 2006
Corruption exists irrespective of what U as an individual do or think.In effect the State apparatus coerces us to part with money anytime we want something done.The solution is not 4 us as private citizens to change but to get the Govt to change.Anythingelse is living in an unreal world
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Mariory(m): 5:24pm On May 28, 2006
4 Play:

Corruption exists irrespective of what U as an individual do or think.In effect the State apparatus coerces us to part with money anytime we want something done.The solution is not 4 us as private citizens to change but to get the Govt to change.Anythingelse is living in an unreal world

If the population is willing to encourage corruption when it favours us, then corruption is going to be with us no matter what any Government does.

I'm sure that even if given the chance to report individuals at your local passport office for fast tracking your passport applications for inflated prices, you wouldn't do so because what they are doing in this case is helping you.
Indeed why would officials at the passport office be willing to follow protocol when there are people willing to pay them excessive prices for favours.

Anyways keep telling yourselves that it is only the Government that should change.
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by 4Play(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2006
Who would u report the corruption to?To govt officials who themselves are corrupt. So u report corruption to the corrupt and expect them to deal with it
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Badman888(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2006
@Mariory have you stayed in Nigeria before or gone to the passport office, because u kno kno how far
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Nutter(m): 6:41pm On May 28, 2006
I am firmly on Mariory's side concerning this. If we as individuals do not make changes, the government will continue to get a free ride. We have to learn to create islands of sanity in that far-from-sane country. Gandhi once said "Be the change you want to see in the world". If we give bribes in order to fast-track procedures, we lose the right to complain about Nigeria being corrupt as we are part of the problem. I understand that Nigeria is corrupt and on occasion we have to do certain things in order to get by. For instance, if an alcohol-reeking, gun-totting, trigger-happy policeman stops you at a check-point and demands money even though your ‘papers’ are in order, you are best advised to do as he says and get out of there. There are too many instances of innocent people getting shot over this for one to roll the dice and take chances. However, in this scenario, you didn’t give a bribe but were extorted. There is a difference.
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by camara(f): 7:38pm On May 28, 2006
5000 naira i just waited 2 weeks and got it
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by wise(m): 7:46pm On May 28, 2006
I renewed my international passport last week friday and i will get it this week tuesday. It cost me 12k to do so. Though that is not the official price but in this case, i have to give what is for ceasar to ceasar.
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by OldGlory1(m): 8:43pm On May 28, 2006
@Topic

I have to back Mariory here too. We cannot complain about corruption as a system of existence in Nigeria and then turn around and feed the Beast. Pay N5000 for your passport and demand it in due time without having to bribe anybody.

@4 play
Please stop encouraging bad behavior, and justifying what our corrupt officials are doing. It does not matter whether it is happening at the Passport office in Ikeja or at the Airport. If we as citizens do not stop handing out bribe in the name of convenience, then we should all accept what ever our country turns out to be.
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Ashiwaju(m): 8:52pm On May 28, 2006
Lets stop deceiving ourselves, we aint saint and no one is encouraging corruption, the truth is this things are there, if you like play saint till jesus comes. For example. if the Govt of USA is bad then i bet every citizen in the US would be perverted. Govt needs to check themselves b4 individuals do. we live to learn by examples. Examples of the so called leaders. For the Checks and balances to take place both side needs to live by example and i still insist, the govt should lead and we naija would follow. i have seen worse scenario when u try not to play along.
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 28, 2006
Ashiwaju:

Lets stop deceiving ourselves, we aint saint and no one is encouraging corruption, the truth is this things are there, if you like play saint till jesus comes. For example. if the Govt of USA is bad then i bet every citizen in the US would be perverted. Govt needs to check themselves before individuals do. we live to learn by examples. Examples of the so called leaders. For the Checks and balances to take place both side needs to live by example and i still insist, the govt should lead and we naija would follow. i have seen worse scenario when u try not to play along.

What really is this monster called "government"? is it made up of aliens from space? Is it's composition any different from the general community from which the likes of 4Play come from?

Our govt is not likely to change anytime soon, if the kind of nigerians we are presently breeding are those with the "don't form saint until Christ comes" mindset then we can as well kill all the older generation, the younger generation won't be any better!
We complain about corruption on one hand and yet glorify and even defend it on the other.
WE love to blame all our woes on the govt forgetting that those in power too stood by the sidelines like us casting stones at those in govt! How can the govt change when there are thousands like us willing to bribe our way to get everything? If everyone stopped giving bribe, i'm sure the officers would not sit on EVERY SINGLE passport because they are yet to be "settled".

The govt is not some monster cast in stone sitting in Aso Rock, it starts from me and you on the street. For it is the mindset that we have now that will inform our actions in govt tomorrow!
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Genial(m): 9:51pm On May 28, 2006
Giving bribes in order to gain undue advantage will always be wrong, regardless of how hard you try to justify it.

There are no extenuating circumstances - either you give it and accept that you're doing something wrong, or you don't give it all and do the right thing.

The government, as someone said in a previous post, is not formed by aliens.

A people ultimately deserve the kind of government they have.
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by emmie4j(m): 10:05pm On May 28, 2006
Mariory:

Oh please,,,,,,dont be soooo sentimental grin,,,,,,even here there is something called "rush delivery", or "fast processing",,,,,there is nothing wrong in paying more to get the thing faster, as long as it is the official rate at that office!!!!
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by bolex(m): 10:35pm On May 28, 2006
It's actually cheaper to get it from Naija than from UK

If you try getting it from Naija

gotta be careful

I know someone who can do it for you sha

So holla me on e-mail

cool
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Ashiwaju(m): 11:12pm On May 28, 2006
@ David lan

No one is glorifying Corruption, but the truth still remains that you have to bribe your way to the top in this country, unless the body called Government set rules and abide by it, it would forever remain the same. thats y we have leaders and we have followers in this world.

I tell you there is a devil inside all human but the God around us supercede's the devil in us so we have corruptions in us and we need the govt to lead and live by examples u know
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by LiquidMind(m): 12:33am On May 29, 2006
(PLEASE, I DON'T HAVE A DEVIL IN ME)

BACK TO TOPIC THE AMOUNT OF PASSPORT IS 12K
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by princeonx: 1:00am On May 29, 2006
OK! Speaking from experience, let me break it down to those that send money home for a new passport and all that! before 2001 sometime around January or so, you can send money, send pictures to friends or relative to get you a passport! but after then they have a computerized system almost in every int. Air-port that scans the passport. In other word, in most air-port all they need to do is scan or swipe the bar-code of your passport and every information on it should come up on their screen including your picture. If the passport picture is not a computer snap because you're not physically present, your picture won't come up on the screen meaning your passport picture was scanned into the International passport! they won't let you go anywhere! unless you have a second passport (America, UK, Canada, and co) So, just mail your passport to any Nigerian embassy or consulate for renewal ($45) and be their physically if you want to get a new one or else just collect emergency travel permit from any Nigerian consulate to allow you enter naija them get a new passport when you get to naija! The picture on the American passport is Scanned into it but when swiped/scan at the Air-port which they hardly do, a message come up saying "picture on file or check picture on file" soon as they type in your passport number, your picture will come up! but with Nigerian passport you can't do that maybe in years to come! personally I don't even bring out my naija passport till I get to Lagos unless they ask for it at the air-port here!
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Akolawole(m): 9:14am On May 29, 2006
Old Glory:

@Topic

I have to back Mariory here too. We cannot complain about corruption as a system of existence in Nigeria and then turn around and feed the Beast. Pay N5000 for your passport and demand it in due time without having to bribe anybody.

You can get it for #5000 official price without a single bribe at Nasarawa.
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Akolawole(m): 9:19am On May 29, 2006
Please guys dont get it via non-appearance.

I know somebody jailed 8 weeks ago in UK for possesing such back door one.

It is very Sad. cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Ashiwaju(m): 10:10am On May 29, 2006
@ Akolawole

You can get it for #5000 official price without a single bribe at Nasarawa.

How much is it to travel from Lagos to Nassarawa + the #5000 official fee?
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by otokx(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2006
@Akolawole

How much is it to travel from Port Harcourt to Nassarawa? Wont it be cheaper to pay the inflated price of N12000. What about the risk in travelling? Corruption is a way of life in Nigeria, if the government wants to stop it then they should make the good way straight and efficient.
Re: Nigerian Passport: Current Price by Fdeveloper(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2006
I paid =N=10k for my passport from the Lagos passport office about 2 years ago.

Whilst I don't necessarily support corruption, the fact of the matter is it is very difficult for a passport office employee who is probably paid around =N=20-30k per month (if that) to resist the temptation to accept a bribe. I certainly agree with the view expressed above that paying bribes ensures that the corruption will continue however given the economic situation the majority of civil servants find themselves in, I don't see that things are likely to change.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) / 100 Cars Pile-Up, Kill 5, Injure And Trap Many On Texas Highway (Pics) / 2 ABSU Students, Others Feared Dead In A Ghastly Accident In Ore (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.