Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,572 members, 7,820,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .. (2564 Views)

Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? / My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. / Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
Re: .. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
Divorce his silly self and dump him in the waste bin..
I repeat divorce him or keep sweating yaself over nonsense..he will keep apologising while ya keep crying..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by Fahdiga(m): 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2022
He won't stop until you threaten him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ladymaceral:
Good day everyone. I've been a passive reader, but decided to create an account to post this because I know there are lots of experienced, matured mind here.

Please, how can one help a sport addicted husband to quit?

What measure can one use, especially when he lied and snik to go back wasting his money only to return back to appologies after all is gone?

How can a wife help her husband to make that decision of quitting? Is leaving him and moving out a good option? Especially, when the financial obligation is too much for only her to handle?

What major can stop him?

Note: the husband is well employed but gambles with everything consistently.. And has been into this habit before marriage. All efforts, involving parents, spiritual leader failed. Pls, advise.
If the husband is himself not ready to quit, the wife is simply digging herself in for life without peace by trying to make him quit for her sake. undecided

A man who is ready to quit an addiction can even wake up a changed individual the very next day if he truly desires said change. It all depends on how if and how badly he wants it. There is nothing a wife can do about that short of figuring out how best to live her own life either with the addict or away from him and his addiction. undecided

Also raising kids around said addict may result in suffering for the kids as they are likely to struggle with some form of addiction later in life due to such an exposure at a young age. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by Cutehector(m): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2022
The fault is yours, not his. You knew he was a gambler yet you married him.

Your cross.
Re: .. by austine4real(m): 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tell him to open an account with no ATM card

Buy necessary household items when gets his salary first

He should start daily contribution

He can starts giving u all money anytime he needs it let him come and meet u so that u will remind and scolds him .

he should delete all his betting accounts

I don't know what else to type again sef

5 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2022
He has to want to change and do better for himself and your family.
The willingness must come from him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by Richy4(m): 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
The only problem I saw was U trying to change a full grown Adult who might be older than you...

Assuming he sees it as a problem..U dated/ Courted him and finds it off-putting... u would have avoided it by not marrying him...It was an avoidable situation..

Why is it now an issue? It's not as if it was something he developed recently...

It's just like a lady that a guy cheated on multiple occasions.. why do you think after marriage, that he will be faithful? embarassed

3 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2022
austine4real:
Tell him to open an account with no ATM card

Buy necessary household items when gets his salary first

He should start daily contribution

He can starts giving u all money anytime he needs it let him come and meet u so that u will remind and scolds him .

he should delete all his betting accounts

I don't know what else to type again sef
He will promise to do that. But as soon as the money enters his hand, he became a different person
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2022
Richy4:
The only problem I saw was U trying to change a full grown Adult who might be older than you...

Assuming he sees it as a problem..U dated/ Courted him and finds it off-putting... u would have avoided it by not marrying him...It was an avoidable situation..

Why is it now an issue? It's not as if it was something he developed recently...

It's just like a lady that a guy cheated on multiple occasions.. why do you think after marriage, that he will be faithful? embarassed
It actually took a long time and much investigation to discover this habit in him few months after the marriage
Re: .. by Richy4(m): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ladymaceral:
It actually took a long time and much investigation to discover this habit in him few months after the marriage
Hmmm!!! If u made so much effort just to find out his skeleton, that means he is not a heavy gambler... An addicted Gambler, U won't need much investigation...

Maybe, u can use Google search and type in how to help an addicted Gambler as a spouse... It will bring out some Oyibo-ish things.. just try it.. u never can tell..
Re: .. by Mindlog: 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
Richy4:

Hmmm!!! If u made so much effort just to find out his skeleton, that means he is not a heavy gambler... An addicted Gambler, U won't need much investigation...

Maybe, u can use Google search and type in how to help an addicted Gambler as a spouse... It will bring out some Oyibo-ish things.. just try it.. u never can tell..

Getting a therapist whose specialization is in Gambling Disorder would really help the husband but I don't know much of accessibility of such professionals in Nigeria.
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
Fahdiga:
He won't stop until you threaten him
Alright. Even a friend advised me to threaten him by moving out. Maybe that's what I should do
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
UpInTheSky:
He has to want to change and do better himself and your family.
The willingness must come from him.
Honestly. I'm beginning to think that way too
Re: .. by Richy4(m): 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
Mindlog:

Getting a therapist whose specialization is in Gambling Disorder would really help the husband but I don't know much of accessibility of such professionals in Nigeria.
U are very correct.. I hope she finds the help that she seeks..

It's not an easy task dealing with an addict.. no matter the kind of addiction it was...

Re: .. by SilentBang(m): 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2022
Truth is you can't really make him quit, unless he sincerely decides by himself to... So you can only help spur him to that decision, but it won't be easy.

First he needs a kinda another addiction to override his sports betting addiction... Get him very occupied/busy with something, perhaps church activities, or anything, he has ample time to spare, so he goes sports betting, part of the reason he can't just let go... Talk to him again remind him he is on a self destruct mission, Threaten divorce if he repeats it, and if he eventually does repeat it which I think he would, act cold towards him seek for a little separation arrangement but don't divorce him.

He will advise himself and change for better when he realizes by himself that he is on auto-destruct.

1 Like

Re: .. by Maxxim: 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
Steal a large percent of his income every month, or make em commit all his salaries to you thereby you can monitor his income.

1 Like

Re: .. by Fahdiga(m): 7:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ladymaceral:
Alright. Even a friend advised me to threaten him by moving out. Maybe that's what I should do
If he really loves you he will change for good

1 Like

Re: .. by cavreek: 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2022
U're on a path I hope u will find answers to

1 Like

Re: .. by austine4real(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ladymaceral:
He will promise to do that. But as soon as the money enters his hand, he became a different person

Inform his family friends pastors neighbors embarrassed him for the sake of ur sanity and children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by thorpido(m): 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
I think someone posted this similar situation sometime ago.If you are the same person then it's obvious nothing has changed since that time.

I'll be frank with you,you need to move away from him.Don't divorce him yet but stay separated from him.
If his mind would work,he'll come back to his senses when you move out.
The other option is to keep patching up as you have been doing.

1 Like

Re: .. by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
austine4real:
Inform his family friends pastors neighbors embarrassed him for the sake of ur sanity and children.
Embarrass an adult who is spending his own money? undecided

This shaming of a thing, how many people e dey in fact work on? undecided
Re: .. by frozen70(f): 2:52am On Jun 15, 2022
Ladymaceral:
Good day everyone. I've been a passive reader, but decided to create an account to post this because I know there are lots of experienced, matured mind here.

What measure can one use, especially when he lied and snik to go back wasting his money only to return back to appologies after all is gone?

How can a wife help her husband to make that decision of quitting? Is leaving him and moving out a good option? Especially, when the financial obligation is too much for only her to handle?

What major can stop him?

Note: the husband is well employed but gambles with everything consistently..
And has been into this habit before marriage.
All efforts, involving parents, spiritual leader failed.
Pls, advise.

Well, if you love him despite his wasteful life, just carry your cross

If you are fed up and can't cope with him but happier if you can be alone and happier with out seeing such bad habits with him

Take a leave

You can't be over burdened and depressed yet carry the load alone, not that he is disable but he is living a stupid life and no plans to better himself talk more of his family

Marriage is not a scam but then it's not for everyone

Forget about what people will say, it's not your business

1 Like

Re: .. by ibechris(m): 5:50am On Jun 15, 2022
Divorce is the only and surest way not to be part of his useless life.

1 Like

Re: .. by Musty112: 5:55am On Jun 15, 2022
Let him reach rock bottom first. A place where he feels like his life is ending and he is totally helpless because of the addiction. That works most times.

1 Like

Re: .. by Hathor5(f): 6:14am On Jun 15, 2022
Does he manage the finances? You should take over.
Re: .. by austine4real(m): 9:08am On Jun 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Embarrass an adult who is spending his own money? undecided

This shaming of a thing, how many people e dey in fact work on? undecided

Let her try it
Re: .. by pocohantas(f): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2022
thorpido:
I think someone posted this similar situation sometime ago.If you are the same person then it's obvious nothing has changed since that time.

I'll be frank with you,you need to move away from him.Don't divorce him yet but stay separated from him.
If his mind would work,he'll come back to his senses when you move out.
The other option is to keep patching up as you have been doing.

With her belle? God abeg o, cheesy
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
Ladymaceral:

What major can stop him?

Note: the husband is well employed but gambles with everything consistently..
And has been into this habit before marriage.
All efforts, involving parents, spiritual leader failed.
Pls, advise.

You married him knowing fully well he was into gambling. How do you hope to change him now?

You can’t force or change a grown person. When he is done exhausting all the money he has, I’m sure he’ll quit.

Just make sure he gives you your allowance every month, and whatever he chooses to do afterwards with what is left is his business.

Don’t worry, He’ll stop one day

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Divorce his silly self and dump him in the waste bin..
I repeat divorce him or keep sweating yaself over nonsense..he will keep apologising while ya keep crying..

So who will marry a divorcee woman? Even unmarried ones like you find it had to land a boyfriend talk more a husband.

There’s no violence in the marriage which would have been a reasonable ground for divorce.

All this teenagers in Nairaland self

1 Like

Re: .. by thorpido(m): 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
pocohantas:

With her belle? God abeg o, cheesy
cheesy That's why I want her to leave.
Re: .. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
burritto:

So who will marry a divorcee woman? Even unmarried ones like you find it had to land a boyfriend talk more a husband.

There’s no violence in the marriage which would have been a reasonable ground for divorce.

All this teenagers in Nairaland self
Dumbo must she get married?boy think before you quote me..

You rather want her to keep suffering In the marriage instead of finding a better way to solve the problem? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Parents, What Would You Do If This Was Your Son? / If Your Baby Never Stops Crying Whenever You Refuse To Back Him, Use This!!! / Why Do Some Women Like To Tempt Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.