Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Does Family Planning Contravene God's Injunction That We Should Multiply : ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Family Planning Contravene God's Injunction That We Should Multiply : ? (894 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / "First-Fruits": Pastors Are Planning A Major Robbery In January / Do Catholics Contravene The 2nd Commandment Of Idolatry In Exodus 20:4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Family Planning Contravene God's Injunction That We Should Multiply : ? by Ndipe(m): 11:50pm On Aug 10, 2007
Do you think that birth control contravenes the Word of God that we should be fruitful and multiply the earth? Critics contend that the world is overpopulated, the earth is strained of its resources, and having many kids is a sure route to poverty. Defenders of the Biblical injunction blame mankind (who practise birth control) for not having faith in God for providing for His children. A lady appeared on a talk show program some days ago, and when she was questioned, she told Oprah that she does not practise birth control. But what amazed me was that (I think), she told Oprah that the last time she was pregnant was about 3 years ago.

I have always thought that as long a a woman was fertile and sexually active, then pregnancy would occur, but I learnt yesterday, that there are certain months that are quite unfavorable for the development of the embryo. That's not the point I am trying to raise though, but my question is if birth control (and I dont mean abortion, or any contraceptives that endangers the livelihood of the zygote), like the rhythm method, family planning, etc, goes against the Word of God? Part of Africa's poverty is linked to the number of children that parents have, but - - -
Re: Does Family Planning Contravene God's Injunction That We Should Multiply : ? by TCUBE(m): 7:24am On Aug 11, 2007
be fruitful and multiply with common sense,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Goal Setting,nothing Is Impossible! / Your Quiet Time With God. How Interesting? / Evolution Vs Intelligent Design: Critique Of ID Book By Jerry Coyne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.