Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers (1596 Views)

Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun, Abduct Two Worshippers / Robbers Who Attacked Ogun Church Worshippers During Vigil Arrested. PHOTOS / RCCG Pastor Stabbed To Death In Rivers State During Vigil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by RotimiBliss: 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
The Ogun State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of two Christian worshippers at Celestial Church of Christ, Oshofa Parish at Wasimi, Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State during a vigil on Tuesday.

According to the state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, the suspected terrorists attacked the church and abducted two worshippers identified as; Oluwaseun Ajose, an Assistant Shepherd of the parish, and Dagunro Ayobami who was said to be a Sunday School Teacher.

“There was a kidnapping incident there, while they were having a vigil. Some kidnappers stormed the church and kidnapped some people. But as we are talking now, we are on their trail,” the police spokesperson told SaharaReporters on Tuesday.

The incident was also confirmed by the Shepherd of the church, Oluwatomisin Ehuwaojomo, who revealed that the abductors called him and demanded a ransom of N50million for the release of the two church workers.

He described the incident as sudden, and sought the support of the police and other security agencies in rescuing the victims.

He said, “When my Assistant Shepherd called me almost two hours after they left, the kidnappers refused to speak with me twice. But on his third attempt, they spoke with me and demanded N50million ransom.

“I told them that, I am a servant of God, nobody pays me a salary. I have spoken with the Ogun State Commissioner of Police. The command is on the matter.”

Source : https://saharareporters.com/2022/06/14/gunmen-invade-celestial-church-ogun-state-during-vigil-abduct-worshippers
Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by Loxleyy(m): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
My Fellow Nigerians
As you dey on God
Make you dey On Guard oh.
E no matter your religion..... Stay Safe.

#HopeForNigeria

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by God1000(m): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
This is another sad news, kidnapping has taken a dangerous dimension in Nigeria
Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by RotimiBliss: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
God1000:
This is another sad news, kidnapping has taken a dangerous dimension in Nigeria

Honestly living in Nigeria now is becoming more scary day by day
Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by Loxleyy(m): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
No where is safe again.
Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by Successkay12(m): 9:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
RotimiBliss:
The Ogun State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of two Christian worshippers at Celestial Church of Christ, Oshofa Parish at Wasimi, Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State during a vigil on Tuesday.

According to the state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, the suspected terrorists attacked the church and abducted two worshippers identified as; Oluwaseun Ajose, an Assistant Shepherd of the parish, and Dagunro Ayobami who was said to be a Sunday School Teacher.

“There was a kidnapping incident there, while they were having a vigil. Some kidnappers stormed the church and kidnapped some people. But as we are talking now, we are on their trail,” the police spokesperson told SaharaReporters on Tuesday.

The incident was also confirmed by the Shepherd of the church, Oluwatomisin Ehuwaojomo, who revealed that the abductors called him and demanded a ransom of N50million for the release of the two church workers.

He described the incident as sudden, and sought the support of the police and other security agencies in rescuing the victims.

He said, “When my Assistant Shepherd called me almost two hours after they left, the kidnappers refused to speak with me twice. But on his third attempt, they spoke with me and demanded N50million ransom.

“I told them that, I am a servant of God, nobody pays me a salary. I have spoken with the Ogun State Commissioner of Police. The command is on the matter.”

Source : https://saharareporters.com/2022/06/14/gunmen-invade-celestial-church-ogun-state-during-vigil-abduct-worshippers

Huh?
Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by Felimax(m): 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2022
Oh no, not again!
Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by fijiano202(m): 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2022
Honestly we are in a period where you must be 100% at alert
Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by Stargangz: 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
I thought CAN said all churches should suspend night vigil till when security of lives are guaranteed, abi Celestial church is not a member of CAN?

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by Cypress042(m): 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
They went to church without their Mr G.U.N is a pity.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by judatech: 9:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
How come they are not targeting mosques? Only churches....

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by an0daGuy: 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
At least they only kidnapped today. Nobody has died ‘yet’.

There is an Afonja Christians vs Muslims war going on right now in the south west

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by Neddstark: 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2022
50 million ransom? These kidnappers must be fools. If they have 50 million will they be staying up late doing night vigil?

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by Lastmankc(m): 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2022
The jihadist at work

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 12:44am On Jun 15, 2022
Handiwork of YoruBandits...

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by HeavenVGate: 1:57am On Jun 15, 2022
judatech:
How come they are not targeting mosques? Only churches....
Rich people are more in the church than mosque. Most Muslims are poor. Look for poor ones around and ask of their religion.
Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by Olumighty123(m): 2:50am On Jun 15, 2022
Loxleyy:
My Fellow Nigerians
As you dey on God
Make you dey On Guard oh.
E no matter your religion..... Stay Safe.

#HopeForNigeria

Like popcaan said in one of his lyrics,

Life a the greatest thing, dawg
Me no left gun, and me no left my God
Can't trick me and kill me, no way

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by baretalk: 5:18am On Jun 15, 2022
Instant death for kidnappers is the only way to deter people into the crime.
Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by Loxleyy(m): 8:01am On Jun 15, 2022
Olumighty123:

Like popcaan said in one of his lyrics,

Life a the greatest thing, dawg
Me no left gun, and me no left my God
Can't trick me and kill me, no way

876 god
Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by Olumighty123(m): 9:37am On Jun 15, 2022
Loxleyy:

876 god

Its actually his song titled FAMILY
Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by 0neast: 11:46am On Jun 15, 2022
This news will never hit front page

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Celestial Church In Ogun State During Vigil, Abduct Worshippers by an0daGuy: 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
0neast:
This news will never hit front page

Afonja lives doesn’t matter undecided

Only south eastern lives matter in Nigeria today

(1) (Reply)

Virginia Rapper Killed After Shooting His Family And Releasing Music Video / 25 Killed, Houses Razed As Gunmen Attack Benue Communities(graphics Photos) / Post All 419 Emails You Receive: Let Have Our Own 419baiter Right Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.