Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game (26639 Views)

BBNaija All Stars: "I Want To Go Home" – Mercy Eke Seeks Voluntary Exit / Inside Real-life Leatherface House Where Victims Are Used For Masks, Belts (Pix) / 'Squid Game' Is So Intense Its Director Lost 6 Teeth During Production (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by chatinent: 2:31pm On Jun 15, 2022
Netflix is looking for recruits to compete for millions of dollars.

Unlike the original ultra-violent fictional show from South Korea, which became one of the biggest-ever hits on Netflix last year, losing contestants would not be killed.

“With the largest cast in reality TV history, 456 real players will enter the game in pursuit of a life-changing cash prize of $4.56 million,” the streaming platform said on a site set up to look for candidates.

“Squid Game: The Challenge” is looking for English speakers from around the globe, aged at least 21 and free to travel for up to a month in early 2023.
The stakes are high, but in this game, the worst fate is going home empty-handed,” the platform promises.

Describing the new reality show as its “biggest-ever social experiment,” Netflix says players will compete “in a series of heart-stopping games.”

The original fictional series was seen as a biting satire on modern capitalism, with contestants drawn from the fringes of society to play children’s games for the chance to win big sums of money, with the threat of being killed if they lose.

The new announcement came shortly after Netflix confirmed that a second season of the “Squid Game” was on the way.

In April, its creator, Hwang Dong-hyuk, said the follow-up would not be ready until 2024

Source: https://punchng.com/netflix-seeks-recruits-for-real-life-squid-game/

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by chatinent: 2:32pm On Jun 15, 2022
Green light...red light... cheesy

Quotable speeches from the movie:

We’ve Already Come Too Far To End This Now.” – Sang-Woo

Do You Know What Someone With No Money Has In Common With Someone With Too Much Money? Living Is No Fun For Them.” – Il-Nam

You Have A Reason To Leave This Place, But I Don’t.” – Ji-Yeong

I am a thesis and dissertation writer. I am available to handle your assignments.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by Adeoludt(m): 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
Crazy world

11 Likes

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by Mirabella01: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
cheesy
Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
Unlike the original ultra-violent fictional show from South Korea, which became one of the biggest-ever hits on Netflix last year, losing contestants would not be killed.
Now this is funny!
What a disclaimer!!
Dem wan kill human beings before for a TV Show.

We are sure Some Naija people must represent.
Sure odds!

In the reality gameshow, contestants will compete for $4.56 million. Want to play "Squid Game" for real? Netflix is looking for recruits to compete for millions of dollars -- and even promises not to have you violently murdered if you lose.

Squid Game is absolutely worth watching if you can stand all the violence and tragedy.
As much as it's a show about people competing in a deadly, real-life version of Fall Guys (basically) it's also a cautionary tale about the many terrible ways that money whether you have too much or too little can ruin lives.

FERNANDEZISBACK:
And you ain't telling us how one Is gonna apply.. grin
The application process is not yet announced.
This is just for the awareness.
We will keep you posted when the application starts.
The winner goes home with 4.5 Million Dollars,
You can start planning how to spend your winnings Fernandez.
We dey ya back gidigba! wink

FERNANDEZISBACK:

Thanks MANNA.. kiss
You are always welcome brotherly.

Sweetplum:

I must enter. Irrespective of gender, I must enter. E gbe kini yi wa, emilokan.
We will support you also till you bring home the 2.5 BILLION!!

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
And you ain't telling us how one Is gonna apply.. grin

5 Likes

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
While some Nigerians are thinking of recruiting the looters of their commonwealth as President

20 Likes

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by Ayoslimzy(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
Bb

2 Likes

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by bazooka4jesus: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
Nice
Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by Blackazuma99(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
Buhari and Tinubu should be selected , we are tired of waiting for them to join there ancestors ����

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by pepemendy(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
No, Thanks!
Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by DeHorus: 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
Sadly, there will be people willing to try it cuz they feel like there's nothing more to lose. So they either hit the jackpot or exit earth. God abeg.

7 Likes

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by inoki247: 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
People wey life don tire go kuku go dem need to kill people for real so that e go sweet wella...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by MandGEnterprise: 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
I'm in

1 Like

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by Ddeliverer007(m): 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
Will you tell us losers will be killed before?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by bluefilm: 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
I will play the Old Man.

I will give my one last rock to my gganbu.

1 Like

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by SuperWriter(f): 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
Holy Jah

undecided undecided
Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by LegendHero(m): 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
Let me go and apply.
Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
Squid Game is absolutely worth watching if you can stand all the violence and tragedy.
As much as it's a show about people competing in a deadly, real-life version of Fall Guys (basically) it's also a cautionary tale about the many terrible ways that money whether you have too much or too little can ruin lives.

It's currently the most watched show on Netflix in 90 countries this week including Ireland. The dystopian series takes its name from a Korean children's game where the attacking team tries to get through the middle of the squid shape drawn on the ground with goal of tapping the squid's head with their foot to win.

Someone asked at the other thread if Squid Game is for kids,
Here is your answer ma,
Parent agrees that the series is definitely not suitable for children, adding that not only are people being killed brutally, there's suicide, sex and swearing too.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by realmindz: 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
What if they actually die

2 Likes

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by CrownOfClay724: 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
Like to do it for the thrill of it.
Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by AFRICANJAMAICA: 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by Ketamine9000mg(m): 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
E make sense o... opportunity to blow
Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by LegendHero(m): 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
realmindz:
What if they actually die

They won’t do games that can cause death.

1 Like

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by Iliveforever(m): 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
Come pick me abeg, this country dn tire me

2 Likes

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by Honoredeblazac: 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
Peter Obi/Sanusi 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by Onyeka90210(m): 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
My time to shine

1 Like

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by Opinedecandid(m): 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
Ready
Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by uniqUN(m): 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
Publicity stunt towards the season 2

1 Like

Re: Netflix Seeks Recruits For Real-life ‘squid Game by VeryWickedGoat: 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
I volunteer
I want to kill people

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dstv Introduces Toll Free Lines / Giddyfia Evicted From The Big Brother House / 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.