Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back (39771 Views)

FAAN Apologises Over Power Outage At Benin Airport / "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" / New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Drsnives(m): 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2022
post=113936526:
Not even a stand-by generator.
Shame on Y'all.
Beginning from their Governor.
Because Benin airport is a state property
Because the governor appoints minister of power
Because faan is under the state.
Honestly i tot you were wise

1 Like

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by meobizy(f): 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
I believe the story until told otherwise. Ordinary reflectors on the runway would change the situation as those don’t require electricity, however our leaders are idiots who can’t adopt world standard policies.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by TrumpDonald2: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2022
In sane countries, this can never happen. And if it happens, those in charge would have tendered their resignation by now. But in this insane country, anything can happen.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by braine(m): 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2022
ProfLogan:
Your moniker name is Brain yet you can't even use your brain to detect cooked up lies from the write up??

Oh great!!!

Yeah, professor with the sense. Mr. I Too Know, the lie detector. Fu"k off.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by TruthinAction: 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2022
So, they flew back to where? Somebody must lose his job. What nonesense. There should have been an alternative.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by ppogba: 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2022
quentin06:

I don't need to be a trained pilot to know about planes, am an informed reader.
Much better than your incompetent trained naija pilots.

Ok sir.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by BigYash: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2022
braine:
Someone's life just got saved. That situation is not ordinary.
People won't understand this your wisdom..

1 Like

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by writeprof(m): 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
Yugosng:
BIG LIE!!

It’s mind-boggling the extent to which some people go just to garner social media attention.

The air peace flight in question returned to Abuja due to weather-induced poor visibility — and NOT lack of light.

Heavy rains have been falling in Benin over the last few days. On that very same day, a Max Air flight did a flyover because of same poor visibility issues.

The pilot hovered around Benin airspace in a holding pattern until visibility was better. Then he landed.

So I don’t know how that passenger came up with his “no light” story.

For one, when seated in the fuselage and the plane has aligned with the runway for landing, you can’t see the runway. So how can you know if the runway lights are on or not?

For two, Benin airport runway lights are solar powered.

This passenger’s claim is proof that you shouldn’t believe everything you read on social media.

Why didn't they divert the flight to Osubi Airport in Warri instead of returning to Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Mumusaphire: 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
Yugosng:
BIG LIE!!

It’s mind-boggling the extent to which some people go just to garner social media attention.

The air peace flight in question returned to Abuja due to weather-induced poor visibility — and NOT lack of light.

Heavy rains have been falling in Benin over the last few days. On that very same day, a Max Air flight did a flyover because of same poor visibility issues.

The pilot hovered around Benin airspace in a holding pattern until visibility was better. Then he landed.

For one, when seated in the fuselage and the plane has aligned with the runway for landing, you can’t see the runway. So how can you know if the runway lights are on or not?

This passenger’s claim is proof that you shouldn’t believe everything you read on social media.
though I don't say it can't be, or it can be. But, never say never in nigeria. I stay close to airport in ilorin, and I can tell u that, many times, airport is always dark at night. No light, nothing nothing, except if they bring NEPA light.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by rayvelez(m): 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2022
post=113936526:
Shame on Y'all.
You zombies again so it’s now the governor duty to buy a standby generator bah nah so you dull and daft like your useless darling daddy.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Echoban: 11:17pm On Jun 18, 2022
Reinaldo:

You mean APC. Cos APC is the only reason we don't have light due to their ineptitude. Guess who's their National Leader? Tinubu.

Incoherent logic.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Mxxx(m): 11:45pm On Jun 18, 2022
The notam was duly served to all airlines operating in and out of Benin Airport many days notifying all the airlines about some technical issues with runway lights before the said aircraft attempted landing.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Zelenskyy(m): 12:03am On Jun 19, 2022
Not surprised at all ....

After all we are led by a clueless President packaged to Nigerians by Emi Lokan because he had an ulterior motive of succeeding Buhari.

Where is the steady light that notorious drug baron from Lagos promised Nigerians in 2014. ... ?

May Thunder blast him and his Useless Presidential Ambition

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by DATAPLUG247(m): 12:36am On Jun 19, 2022
WE SELL CHEAP INTERNET DATA FOR ALL NETWORK::

100 percent legit �

MTN..1GB =#350
MTN..2GB=#600
MTN..3GB=#850
MTN..4GB=#1150
MTN..5GB=#1400
MTN..6GB=#1700
MTN..7GB=#2000
MTN..10GB=#2700

WhatsApp:07037566145
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Klebsiella: 1:40am On Jun 19, 2022
dawnomike:
Terrible to say the least... What will ever work at optimum level in this country?
Corruption
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Bobbyjay001(m): 2:00am On Jun 19, 2022
maleekberry:
Maybe the country is cursed

Earlier this month, the runway light of Lagos airport failed and flights were diverted to Accra Ghana.

Just beginning of this week a plane going to Akure caught fire on air. They had to quickly land it to avert accident.

Just this morning we woke up with the news that Lagos airport terminal was flooded as a result of licking roof undecided

Buhari has finally grounded Nigeria. Naija is gone!
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Bobbyjay001(m): 2:04am On Jun 19, 2022
Willis2:
Some Buffoons were saying Peter Obi is a fool for going to Egypt to understudy Electricity instead of building structure..
meanwhile at a cheap price DM me for your logo and flyer design

Nigeria has been plagued I. Electricity dilemma since time immemorial. Will a 3-day visit to Egypt solve the problem at the moment?
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by nextstep(m): 2:08am On Jun 19, 2022
You know, Asaba is just down the road... Why waste all that fuel going back to Abuja?

Granted it doesn't have that route, but why didn't NAA just reroute it?
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by teejay29(m): 2:22am On Jun 19, 2022
Yugosng:
BIG LIE!!

i don't believe any news from the media these days because most of it are fake
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by ufotunang: 2:51am On Jun 19, 2022
Nawaoooo...you can see how Buhari and APC has destroyed this country . even airport...no light.. nawaoooo...and some nigerians still want to vote this incompetent APC government again next year 2023... that means those nigerians like to suffer
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:05am On Jun 19, 2022
post=113936526:
Shame on Y'all.

You write like a fo*ol most of the time. Is FAAN an Edo state parastatal ?
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by promzy555(m): 3:28am On Jun 19, 2022
After some people will say our leaders are doing well.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by samonak(m): 3:45am On Jun 19, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Mumu man....

I no understand why you no fi read and assimilate ordinary story....
I guess you've never heard about "metaphor" before? Abi u never hear about Pun for English language? Ur own na to rush quick n dish insult.

1 Like

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Handsum64: 4:18am On Jun 19, 2022
ebubenmuo:
Don't joke with the powers in the sky at Benin.

Those guys are powerful ���
Illiterate believing myths
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Ohizman73(m): 4:42am On Jun 19, 2022
It is rather unfourtunate that this scenerio keeps on reoccuring every time and time again. since this is a common issue in Nigeria cant NAA purchase emergency mobile runway lights .The type the IDF used in Uganda during the daring Raid on Entebe in the 70s when the Ugandans switched off the runway lights the IDF using the emergency lights still landed a C-130 Hercules aircraft.The country keeps on taking its citizens lives for granted.
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Taiggarr: 4:52am On Jun 19, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Nigeria jagajaga

Our mumu country don drop another masterclass....

Other countries go just dey use us laugh anytime that mum buhari go abroad for him futile meetings angry

You a very stupid child!

If you are my son,I will BLUDGEON your dead brains back to life..

The Edo DISCO coy is supposed to provide light for Benin after procurement in 2013 from the GEJ FG...

Why are you calling Buhari over a Private Entity

You fall on your skull the day your mama born you
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Taiggarr: 4:54am On Jun 19, 2022
Totilopussylick:

How i wish one day Buhari will travel abroad and on his way back to Nigeria, the electricity went off tongue

And the plane cannot land

This has got NOTHING to do with BUHARI..

Try and stop sounding like a Semi literate once in a while..
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Taiggarr: 4:56am On Jun 19, 2022
vastolord4:
Una never see something.. vote them into Power again and watch airports turn to event centers and mini swimming pools

Electric Power Generation/Distribution is PRIVATE...

This has got nothing to do with voting anyone in...

The idiots on this Nairaland are LEGION..

JESUS!!!!
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Taiggarr: 5:02am On Jun 19, 2022
Yugosng:
BIG LIE!!

Are you minding these nairalanders that are 99.8% UNEXPOSED and juvenile in thought

Most of them are IPOB supporting NUMBSKULLS that seldom think..

If you meet up with most of these guys,then you'll understand why they reason the way they do .

The level of hopelessness in their lives is ASTOUNDING!

How do you expect their outlook/lives to be when they've been brainwashed to think their woes and troubles in life is ALWAYS on others,on government or some entity outside themselves
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Taiggarr: 5:05am On Jun 19, 2022
chatinent:
Nigeria is a shit-hole. Refund them asap!

It is ONLY the WRETCHED and UNEXPOSED that'll say this..

You can NEVER find an Otedola..a Dangote or an Adenuga say such..

Hunger don beat your life like as Cele church dey do am..
Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Taiggarr: 5:09am On Jun 19, 2022
Reinaldo:

You mean APC. Cos APC is the only reason we don't have light due to their ineptitude. Guess who's their National Leader? Tinubu.

You had a hero in GEJ!

He is the AUTHOR and FINISHER of the woes we have in the Electricity "department" in Nigeria cos he sold of PHCN to his cronies that have been INCOMPETENT since day 1..I guess you were too young then to be aware or maybe just plain placid IGNORANT!

This Buhari Government has DONE MASSIVELY well, considering the RUBBISH PDP left for our nation in terms of Electricity Generation/Distribution..for us to even be seeing any trace of light is even a miracle..

The Siemens-FG deal is ongoing even NOW as I type to reverse the Rubbish..the national SCAM your darling PDP put us in 2012/2013..

We are supposed to be in PERPETUAL BLACKOUT if not because of the kind of man we have in a Buhari..you will NEVER understand..if you understand,you will have been emancipated..but you have been cursed not to be mentally emancipated..

This has got NOTHING to do with APC/Buhari..

I can understand why a young unlettered PAINED FOOOOL like you will think the way you do..

Iga amakwani ihe n'uwa?

1 Like

Re: Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back by Taiggarr: 5:17am On Jun 19, 2022
braine:

Yeah, professor with the sense. Mr. I Too Know, the lie detector. Fu"k off.

You have always shown a propensity to believing every UNVERIFIED news you see or read up online..

Like 99% of Nairaland responders..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Taxify Driver Accused By Dorcas Shola Fapson Responds! / Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? / Should I Go To America Or Forget About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.