Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

ASUU Is A Selfish Union! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Is A Selfish Union! (841 Views)

Is Fg Aware That ASUU Is On Strike?? / School Resumption: ASUU Is Selfish! Private Schools/varsities Should Better Spea / ASUU Is A Problem Of The Nigerian University System - Prof. Ochonnu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by sinkhole: 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2022
Sani IDRIS

Today it's my turn to X-ray ASUU and reveal the provocative and hurtful truth that ASUU members keep concealing from you.

To avoid bias let us allocate equal weight to each item contained in the ongoing ASUU/FG renegotiation and see what's gonna happen. Before then, we need to itemize the demands and place them into broad categories appropriately.
1: Any demand which will bring money to ASUU members = ASUU Benefit (ASUUB)
2. Any demand which will correct or improve the university system = University System Benefit (Univ.B)
At the end, we will aggregate weightload of each category and take proportional weights to arrive at an inference.

I. Salary and Allowance upward review for enhancing staff welfare (2) = ASUUB

II. Payment of EAA for clearing backlog of service allowances (2) = ASUUB

III Consistent payment of revitalization fund for laboratory and structural upgrade (2) = Univ.B

IV. Development and adoption of sustainable funding options to avoid introduction of tuition fee and guarantee smooth running of the system (2) = Univ.B

V. Minimizing proliferation of Universities to avoid underfunding and crash in the quality of education (2) = Univ.B

VI. Deployment of UTAS for university system financial autonomy and curtailing internal corruption (2) = Univ.B

VII. Formation of Visitation Panel and drafting of whitepaper for auditing financial proceedings and operational dealings of university managements to ensure checks and balances (2) = Univ.B

Aggregation of Weight

ASUUB = 2+2 = 4

Univ.B = 2+2+2+2+2 = 10

Total Weight of ASUU struggle = ASUUB + Univ.B = 4 + 10 = 14

Proportional weight for each benefit

ASUUB = (4/14) * 100 = 29%

Univ.B = (10/14) * 100 = 71%

Even Satan cannot blame ASUU of being greedy or selfish!

_Long Live ASUU_

Sani IDRIS
sanidris2000@gmail.com
Department of Soil Science, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria-Nigeria
18/06/2022

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by Needlemover: 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
You must be a lecturer and if you are, God punish you.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by sinkhole: 6:21am On Jun 19, 2022
Needlemover:
You must be a lecturer and if you are, God punish you.
The person who wrote the article is clearly a lecturer, his name and address is even attached, but I do not think God will punish him, rather I think God will bless him grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by golor(m): 7:07am On Jun 19, 2022
If the strike pass next week change my name ....from my lecturer direct

Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by Emma2Seconds: 7:33am On Jun 19, 2022
Source??https://www.nairaland.com/7124054/ASUU-suspend-strike-students-resume#112777242. Check that Link And Stop Spreading Unverified Information.
golor:
If the strike pass next week change my name ....from my lecturer direct
Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by golor(m): 7:42am On Jun 19, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
Source??https://www.nairaland.com/7124054/ASUU-suspend-strike-students-resume#112777242. Check that Link And Stop Spreading Unverified Information.

This is a reliable news
Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by golor(m): 7:46am On Jun 19, 2022
sinkhole:
The person who wrote the article is clearly a lecturer, his name and address is even attached, but I do not think God will punish him, rather I think God will bless him grin grin

From a reliable source this strike will be over this week ..what do u HV to say

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by EbenezerTriumph: 10:35am On Jun 19, 2022
sinkhole:
Sani IDRIS

Today it's my turn to x-ray ASUU and reveal the provocative and hurtful truth that ASUU members keep concealing for you.

To avoid bias let us allocate equal weight to each item contained in the ongoing ASUU/FG renegotiation and see what's gonna happen. Before then, we need to itemize the demands and place them into broad categories appropriately.
1: Any demand which will bring money to ASUU members = ASUU Benefit (ASUUB)
2. Any demand which will correct or improve the university system = University System Benefit (Univ.B)
At the end, we will aggregate weightload of each category and take proportional weights to arrive at an inference.

I. Salary and Allowance upward review for enhancing staff welfare (2) = ASUUB

II. Payment of EAA for clearing backlog of service allowances (2) = ASUUB

III Consistent payment of revitalization fund for laboratory and structural upgrade (2) = Univ.B

IV. Development and adoption of sustainable funding options to avoid introduction of tuition fee and guarantee smooth running of the system (2) = Univ.B

V. Minimizing proliferation of Universities to avoid underfunding and crash in the quality of education (2) = Univ.B

VI. Deployment of UTAS for university system financial autonomy and curtailing internal corruption (2) = Univ.B

VII. Formation of Visitation Panel and drafting of whitepaper for auditing financial proceedings and operational dealings of university managements to ensure checks and balances (2) = Univ.B

Aggregation of Weight

ASUUB = 2+2 = 4

Univ.B = 2+2+2+2+2 = 10

Total Weight of ASUU struggle = ASUUB + Univ.B = 4 + 10 = 14

Proportional weight for each benefit

ASUUB = (4/14) * 100 = 29%

Univ.B = (10/14) * 100 = 71%

Even Satan cannot blame ASUU of being greedy or selfish!

_Long Live ASUU_

Sani IDRIS
sanidris2000@gmail.com
Department of Soil Science, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria-Nigeria
18/06/2022
so why the sarcastic headline?
Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by Jman06(m): 10:52am On Jun 19, 2022
Even if the demands are for improvement of lecturers welfare alone, it is still a legitimate demand if ASUU could find another way of going about it than strikes.

The whole strike thing is a direct punishment on the students as they're made to spend donkey years in school with extra expenditures. That is outside the psychological tortures they're subjected to. Then at the end of the strikes, the lecturers would still not try to ameliorate the impacts of the strikes on students in any way.

I wish ASUU could device another means of getting their demands met without resorting to strikes. I also wish we could have sound minds as leaders who would not wait before doing what's right in our universities!
Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by sinkhole: 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
golor:

From a reliable source this strike will be over this week ..what do u HV to say
Strong evidence of it ending in the next two weeks.
If the President endorse what has been agreed.
ASUU has finished her own, it is now the remaining unions that are still talking with the FG!
ASUU has met at the zones (not branches!) and things look very good for them. The President (Buhari) is very very interested in the whole strike ending quickly!
If this strike ends and ASUU is happy, there will be no strike for the next five years, at least cheesy
Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by sinkhole: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
EbenezerTriumph:
so why the sarcastic headline?
click bait grin
Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by TopeQs: 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
sinkhole:
Strong evidence of it ending in the next two weeks.
If the President endorse what has been agreed.
ASUU has finished her own, it is now the remaining unions that are still talking with the FG!
ASUU has met at the zones (not branches!) and things look very good for them. The President (Buhari) is very very interested in the whole strike ending quickly!
If this strike ends and ASUU is happy, there will be no strike for the next five years, at least cheesy

I really hope this isn't a sarcastic comment, sinkhole, many look forward to your post...

Make dem open school make everyone hear word abeg, dem don try, noise too plenty for neighborhood.
Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by eteebanky1: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
Emma2Seconds:

Lol, don't mind him, he is a clown
Re: ASUU Is A Selfish Union! by sinkhole: 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
TopeQs:

I really hope this isn't a sarcastic comment, sinkhole, many look forward to your post...

Make dem open school make everyone hear word abeg, dem don try, noise too plenty for neighborhood.
Not sarcastic at all, but let us wait and hear what happens after FEC this week Wednesday and next week Wednesday.
This week suppose to be the conclusion of testing IPPIS and also conclusion of talks with other unions, so most likely next week will be a decision week.
You know if PMB signs agreement with only ASUU, there will still be strike in the Universities, so FG wants all striking unions to reach agreement so that PMB can just sign once and for all!
Let us pray that students will smile by next week smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Secondary School Students Celebrate End Of WAEC Exams In Beer Parlour (photos) / 250k Job In Nigeria Or M. Sc In Canada / I Need A Co-founder That Can Bring A Great Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.