Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation (15602 Views)

Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures / Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos / How Caramelo Lounge Was Demolished In Abuja By FCTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Johntitus: 6:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
Good day guys.

My Baba's house (4 bedroom apartment wey dey completely furnished and finished) was destroyed today on grounds that the government wants to build an airport there.

The funny thing be say there'll be no compensation whatsoever from the government (nah wentin dem talk).

It's really painful cause almost all of us follow mix cement in order to build that house and now nothing dey to show for it. My mama don cry tire.

The house was located in Idah, Kogi state.

It wasn't only his house that was destroyed though.

I just dey seek una advice on wentin man go do. Is there any way or place we could table the matter to at least get compensation? The labour of our heroes past shall not be in vain.

PS: the destroyers didn't tell us if they were from FG or State government; they only said they came from Abuja.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Johntitus: 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lalasticlala, Mynd44.... Abegi make una help
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Nutase: 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Airport in Idah
I'm not aware of such. Are you sure you've not fallen victim to land grabbers because the land use act recommends compensation for what is on the land when government wants to take it over unless it was acquired illegally.

I would advise you visit the federal ministry of aviation to make enquiries. You could also visit state and federal ministry of works and housing.

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Johntitus: 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
I dey try attach video but it's not working.

1 Like

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by donaldking10: 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2022
I remember a case in Asia where the government had to build a highway around a house just because the owner of the land didn't totally agree with the compensation the government was offering then.
His house was the only house in the middle of a high-way.
He only moved after he was properly compensated by the government.
That is how things are done in saner climes.
But unfortunately here in Nigeria even our justice system is so corrupt that pursuing a case like this against the federal government is almost futile.
Unless you have money to hire human rights lawyers like Falana, then i don't think there's really hope for you.
Even here in the south i can't count the number of houses forcefully taken over & demolished by the likes of Wike & Rochas, yet nothing has been done about them till date.
CHECK THE LINK TO THE NEWS BELOW.
https://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-house-in-the-middle-of-the-road-2012-11

27 Likes

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Johntitus: 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nutase:
Airport in Idah
I'm not aware of such. Are you sure you've not fallen victim to land grabbers because the land use act recommends compensation for what is on the land when government wants to take it over unless it was acquired illegally.

I would advise you visit the federal ministry of aviation to make enquiries. You could also visit state and federal ministry of works and housing.

That was the first thing we thought. They only came on Friday to inform us, today there's no house again. Thanks alot boss. We'll surely do that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2022
just find a lawyer as long as you have the C of O and survey plan, no matter the amount the lawyer need you will win the government...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Johntitus: 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
donaldking10:
I remember a case in Asia where the governor had to build road around a house just because the owner of the land didn't totally agree with the compensation the government was offering then.
his house was the only house in the middle of a high-way.
he only moved after he was properly compensated.
That is how things are done in saner climes.
But unfortunately here in Nigeria even our justice system is so corrupt that pursuing a case like this against the federal government is almost futile.
CHECK THE LINK TO THE NEWS BELOW.
https://www.indiatimes.com/trending/wtf/highway-guangzhou-nail-house-china-544256.html

This country don tire me. Everything local man has been striving for just went up in smoke. Smh.

7 Likes

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Johntitus: 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2022
Juicie2u:
just find a lawyer as long as you have the C of O and survey plan, no matter the amount the lawyer need you will win the government...

I don't think my Dad has a C of O. Make I sha make enquiry.

3 Likes

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by donaldking10: 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
Johntitus:

I don't think my Dad has a C of O. Make I sha enquiry.
if he doesn't have a C of O, then just forget it.
Because you are only trying to fight a losing battle.

15 Likes

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
Johntitus:

I don't think my Dad has a C of O. Make I sha enquiry.
he must get it oh, did your father buy the land.... if possible locate the seller..... without those documents make una go back to village

2 Likes

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Johntitus: 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
Juicie2u:

he must get it oh, did your father buy the land.... if possible locate the seller

Yes boss. He definitely bought the land. And for the record, nah village we dey.

2 Likes

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
Johntitus:

Yes boss. He definitely bought the land.
those documents if it was not issued by the seller..... it's like a woman having a baby without pregnancy ....... SUSPICION

1 Like

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Johntitus: 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
donaldking10:

Boss, you'd agree with me it's not an easy thing to forget. This is the only one thing we can call ours.

Anyhow e be though, we go try take one or two steps. Thank you though.

1 Like

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by shedgoz(m): 10:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
The land was sold to Individuals around that area by the State government.

The current Attah of Igala and his subjects are very much aware of this.

3 Likes

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by jabolo(m): 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
Johntitus:
Good day guys.

My Baba's house (4 bedroom apartment wey dey completely furnished and finished) was destroyed today on grounds that the government wants to build an airport there.

The funny thing be say there'll be no compensation whatsoever from the government (nah wentin dem talk).

It's really painful cause almost all of us follow mix cement in order to build that house and now nothing dey to show for it. My mama don cry tire.

I just dey seek una advice on wentin man go do. Is there any way or place we could table the matter to at least get compensation? The labour of our heroes past shall not be in vain.

PS: the destroyers didn't tell us if they were from FG or State government; they only said they came from Abuja.

Is it located in Akpatega? If so, I had some time on my hands and carried out 5 minutes of internet search, reavling the following:

1. There was an airstrip in Akpatega. It became disused and it seems people encroached on the land ...

https://www.facebook.com/186649875250364/posts/this-is-idah-igala-land-aerodromeaerodrome-is-a-small-airport-the-one-in-igala-l/416516058930410/

But behold, the aerodrome became a farmland, area for quarrying, people's plots of land, mining and parking of sand/stones by tipper operators after his transition. Yes, a stone thrown into the market does not select the enemies from the friends, and so we are all affected. These illegal works continued there until the coming of Attah Idakwo Ameh Oboni. He asked them to stop immediately the day he visited the aerodrome in 2013. He made the whole areas to be cleared and leveled. Today, the situation of it is as in the picture above but do you know what, the Attah Igala and the federal govt have made a plan to revive it, and to have it upgraded to a standard airport very soon, a reliable source informed me.

2. The 2020 Budget approved by the National assembly contained approval for a project submitted by the Federal Ministry of Aviation to maintain the Idah Airstrip, to cost 150 million Naira.

https://yourbudgit.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/MINISTRY-OF-AVIATION.pdf
See Page 5, Item: ERGP31144151 MAINTENANCE OF IDAH AIRSTRIP

Putting (1) and (2) above together, you may not have a case. The airstrip has been encroached upon and the Federal Government is about to resuscitate it.

Apologies if your property is not in Akpatega. Good luck.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Newborn27(f): 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
I can feel the pain your family might be going through right now cos getting an abode in Nigeria is not an easy task for the masses ......I just pray your family get compensated soonest..... sorry for your loss bro.

5 Likes

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by GreaterFuture(m): 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
??
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Christane: 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
am sorry to say bro ..dey z nothing u can do about it cus u can't fight d government ..u will only spend money on the case ...my advice save d money u av and get a rented apartment from there u find a better option ..but if u try fighting d government u will lose ...
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Yenkeys: 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
Haa
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by MrMcJay(m): 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
donaldking10:

People without C of Os win cases against the government.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by MrMcJay(m): 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
Johntitus:
Good day guys.

1. What title does your father have over the property?

2. Is that land under Government acquisition, particularly Committed acquisition? A Surveyor will tell you this.

3. Was a Notice of Revocation issued and was it published in an official Government Gazette? A lawyer can help you find out.

It is not possible for the Govt to serve you eviction notices on a Friday and it will be demolished by this week. I suspect mischief somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by onunwa21(m): 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
In this hard times!!!
E go beta
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by YoungLionken(m): 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
Nigerians are generally deaf and stubborn to warnings..

I believe the government didn't just feel like to destroy your family's house..

In Benin city then, you would see some houses built under power-lines, on roads(especially when the community is not yet developed), land issues, etc, houses like that are automatically marked for demolition without compensation...

3 Likes

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by ProfLogan(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Were you given notice?
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Antoeni(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Wife / Ladies (G F) Expects six things from you (husband).
1. Sincerity
2. Affection
3. Love
4. Attention
5. Respect, and
6. You (in total)
Problem is that it is hard to remember all six in sequence. So they have invented it's short form; "SALARY".

5 Likes

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Iko5000: 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Not quite if it's family land then it's still ok .OP get a lawyer fast
donaldking10:

1 Like

Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Authoreety: 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ghh
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by AkioluGraceObi(f): 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
sorry,

that life in naija for you.

we want justice for Princess.
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by Light78: 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
You guys need to be compensated by the government.
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by shortIGBOman: 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
Johntitus:
Good day guys.

They are definitely not FG. FG pay all compensation before demolition of any property

I was a direct beneficiary in Kaduna State. My House was demolished along kaduna-Abuja express way. To give way for the expansion and reconstruction of the Road. All compensations were paid before the Structures were demolished.
Re: Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation by CelebrityQueen(f): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2022

the most important is that you and your family is alive,

WE WANT JUSTICE FOR PRINCESS.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged / Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics / Cheap Land In Asaba, Delta State For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.