Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged (15597 Views)

Price Of Survey Plan (red Copy) Anywhere In Oyo State For Individual Title / Cost Of Survey For A Plot Of Land In Ibadan / The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by drewe20(m): 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2017
If you are buying land for the first time in Lagos and you hire a land surveyor in Lagos to survey the land for you and prepare a survey plan, it is important to note that the job of the land surveyor is not complete even after he has delivered the survey plan to you.

The land surveyor is supposed to register the survey in the state cadastre by submitting a copy of the survey plan (Record or Red Copy) to the Office of the Surveyor General of Lagos State. The state cadastre is a record of land ownership in the state. Until the record copy is submitted, you cannot obtain any title for that land.

There are two ways to verify if the record copy of your survey plan has been submitted:

1 Ask the land surveyor to show you the Evidence of Submission.

2 Go to the Records Office at the Office of the Surveyor General of Lagos at Alausa, Ikeja and do a Verification of Submission of Record Copy Plan. This service cost N2000 (Two thousand naira only) and the process takes a few days.
It would have been easier and more convenient if there was a Survey Plan Online Checker but for now there is none.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by drewe20(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2017
How can I help you sir?
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by jidobaba(m): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2017
drewe20:
How can I help you sir?
Are survey plans not supposed to be a standard fee? Per plot? I'm getting conflicting figures. At this point I have to ask if the state bureau of lands has surveyors working for them.
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by drewe20(m): 6:02am On Nov 20, 2017
jidobaba:

Are survey plans not supposed to be a standard fee? Per plot? I'm getting conflicting figures. At this point I have to ask if the state bureau of lands has surveyors working for them.

Are survey plans not supposed to be a standard fee? Per plot?
It depends on the location of the land. Where is your land?
I'm getting conflicting figures
How conflicting are the figures you are getting?
At this point I have to ask if the state bureau of lands has surveyors working for them
Yes they do. But they carry out survey of government lands only e.g excisions, government estates, revocations etc. They DON'T carry out survey for individuals/corporate bodies.

PS. If you are looking for the cheapest price, you may be swindled. Surveyors have standard fees for different areas.

2 Likes

Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by nony43(m): 7:26am On Nov 20, 2017
Okay
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by BruncleZuma: 7:26am On Nov 20, 2017
Nice one
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 20, 2017
grin
In Nigeria?
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by ogundokun: 7:30am On Nov 20, 2017
Where can I get list of accusations land in Ikorodu
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by coolestchris(m): 7:34am On Nov 20, 2017
Land matters are very cumbersome
we need an overhaul of land issues in Nigeria
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 20, 2017
Information at it peak.

1 Like

Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by money121(m): 7:34am On Nov 20, 2017
Thanks Op
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 20, 2017
ogundokun:
Where can I get list of accusations land in Ikorodu

??
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Clean2016: 7:39am On Nov 20, 2017
Good write up

But also inform them that not everyone that carries pole is a registered Surveyor and they should ensure that they are dealing with the right person.

There are hundreds of thousands of fake survey plan in Lagos alone. only recently were a duo arrested in Lagos for using seal of a deceased Surveyor to sign and of course with fake signature and cheap price, very cheap.

only those surveys done by them were nothing but a designed paper.

Good article and God bless you

2 Likes

Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 20, 2017
Clean2016:
Good write up

But also inform them that not everyone that carries pole is a registered Surveyor and they should ensure that they are dealing with the right person.

There are hundreds of thousands of fake survey plan in Lagos alone. only recently were a duo arrested in Lagos for using seal of a deceased Surveyor to sign and of course with fake signature and cheap price, very cheap.

only those surveys done by them were nothing but a designed paper.

Good article and God bless you

You are right
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2017
Nice information.
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by steve6: 7:57am On Nov 20, 2017
OK.
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by younglawya(m): 8:01am On Nov 20, 2017
For land matters it's always best to consult a lawyer. The other day, the Lagos Lagoon was sold to someone. Any property transaction always best to consult a lawyer. It might be more expensive but it saves you your capital in the long run . I can be reached on 07037836881
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by RapportNaija(m): 8:22am On Nov 20, 2017
Ok... I need a new home, but no money!

See REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD INVEST IN REAL ESTATE
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Dannyset(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2017
Most times the Surveyor gives advice on this issue but the client feels survey can be done for any less amount. Lodged surveys have fixed varying cost according to locations and zones in Lagos state with the cheapest coming as high as 350k(came into effect as at April 1st 2017).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by manmidtexy(m): 8:45am On Nov 20, 2017
nice info from OP, but most government agencies and subordinates are dubious turning the offices for every bit of actions or work for personal gain most of the time.

For services to be rendered at a standard fees.

I believe the client needs to have an exact time Services have to be delivered also. Quote from ur writeup. Be exact or give us a range, dont give us a few days to confirm red copy , as i belive you have vast experience
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by madridguy(m): 9:04am On Nov 20, 2017
Book marked.
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Timtol(m): 9:25am On Nov 20, 2017
A client once asked me and said...is it not necessary or necessary to have ur survey report b4 u can build? I gave my response to that but want more light cos of some still at that point of decision but less u forget contact us for ur building plans with approved structural design either physical or thru courier...we give the best
www.cornerstonehomeplan..com
www.nairaland.com/timtol
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 20, 2017
drewe20:
If you are buying land for the first time in Lagos and you hire a land surveyor in Lagos to survey the land for you and prepare a survey plan, it is important to note that the job of the land surveyor is not complete even after he has delivered the survey plan to you.

The land surveyor is supposed to register the survey in the state cadastre by submitting a copy of the survey plan (Record or Red Copy) to the Office of the Surveyor General of Lagos State. The state cadastre is a record of land ownership in the state. Until the record copy is submitted, you cannot obtain any title for that land.

There are two ways to verify if the record copy of your survey plan has been submitted:

1 Ask the land surveyor to show you the Evidence of Submission.

2 Go to the Records Office at the Office of the Surveyor General of Lagos at Alausa, Ikeja and do a Verification of Submission of Record Copy Plan. This service cost N2000 (Two thousand naira only) and the process takes a few days.
It would have been easier and more convenient if there was a Survey Plan Online Checker but for now there is none.

Once you apply for C of O, he must do those things

(1) (2) (Reply)

Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics / Design And Photographs Of Buildings From Other Countries / Our House Was Demolished In Kogi And There Will Be No Compensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.