Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,053 members, 7,841,983 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Come mingle with moi here @Naya - Dating And Meet-up Zone (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Come mingle with moi here @Naya (17533 Views)

Strictly Abuja "Single" Guys & Ladies, Lets Mingle Here... / Come Mingle With Nayah Part 2 / Mingle With Owerri Connect- Imsu,futo,aice,imo Poly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
@nayah! yummy yummy yummy
Good heavens the meal looks sooo appetising.my salivary glands ache now.
When I come over to cameroon am so asking for the ndole thing. I will print and carry this so as to be very sure its the thing.
And yeah the woriahs have their dishes.Top on the list is khat.Eaten straight from source.
JB well you know sending them 'these kind' of ingredients would not help them.
They eat rice ,spaghetti and meat day in day out. Khat for dessert. so emergency fund it is.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
loooool my dear pendo and what about my kenyan sister what's the famous food in your country, you know I'm sick and tired to know Kenya just for Safari things even it's beautiful, I think it's too simple to talk about this great country!!! wink
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by dave2(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2011
French lady, please are u married or engaged? wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by jaybee3(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
Shez attached grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2011
Dave why are asking me this question for?? lol no offense brother just want to know
lol Jay beeeeeeeee
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Jamesdman(m): 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2011
Nayah:

looool Jay bee are you ok today?? heheheh
Pendo sounds beautiful Nayah is a Cameroonian name, in fact I would like Nayah Lama
Lama means beauty in Bassa's which is my tribe
woww!! Vry enlightenin. I've alwayz tot NEYO is the masculine form of NAYAH, coz the names are similar. Nw i knw better. . . . . Bt, i tink i'll stil stick 2 my idealogy. LoL.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2011
james nice one!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
@Nayah.It is world lol.
You mentioned about diversity so its the same thing here. Its not easy to pick out a 'national meal' because a favorite meal depends on the tribe you associate with.But I picked out 3 that cut across all tribes.

1. Ugali.Just like fufu only difference being that ugali is made out of cornflour and not yam/cassava.
Its accompanied by assorted veges and different variety of meat preferably fish.
A good ugali meal is complete with kachumbari-( a mixture of chopped onions and tomatoes in lemon dressing prepared ahead of time and kept in the cold.It could also include cabbage, chile peppers, and other vegetables of your choice)

2. Chapati. Its flatbread like the indian roti.chapati is,flat round and brown.Chapatis are normally used to accompany stews and vegetables.

3.Biryani/pilau: Its a dish containing meat, fish, or vegetables and rice flavored with saffron or turmeric.

4. Mishkaki/shish kebab: small succulent morsels of marinated beef on the bbq.

Well when you come here ask for chapati/biryani or pilau oh and mishkaki. Ugali is cool but am not a fan.

If I go tribe by tribe you will be amazed.I mean they have got very cool tasty meals.Some take forever to prepare grin
Most of our meals have some coastal/swahili touch and a meal cooked by a swahili woman will leave you yearning for more.You know what am talking about of course wink
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2011
OK whatever happened to the attachements!
unable to upload the pics of the dishes sad.I give up.
Nway am sure u get the pic
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
oh fine my sister!! I wish I could go out there really!
let's see if I can load pics

Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
Now Kenya and Safari is one thing lol
I do not even know where to begin in describing the nation as far as tourism is concerned.
Its a whole package From the Masai Mara to Serengeti bordering Tz,The coastal beaches,the snowcapped Mt,Kenya,the flamingoes of L.Naivasha,the hot springs of lake Bogoria,the menengai crater,theres just lots and lots to see.
I cannot even finish describing in a day.
Each region is blessed with is own touristic features and that makes the country one big tourist destination.
Argh now I miss a safari.You have never been to Kenya if you have not visited the mara lol!
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2011
I will with you Pendo sweety wink
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2011
This  link contains the best pic of biriani.The first pic on the page ie. See if you can upload this.

That one up there must have been prepared by a student. grin

http://www.google.co.ke/search?q=biryani+def&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#pq=biryani%20def&hl=en&cp=6&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=biryani&pf=p&sclient=psy&client=firefox-a&hs=pgP&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=biryan&aq=0&aqi=g5&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&fp=4246f7dc13410bc6&biw=1252&bih=573
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2011
An yes you must come I take you to the mara and serengeti during the wildebeest migration.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by jaybee3(m): 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2011
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh00ZbWTjCsLdS2PWYMcnnX6pq8MoEEOfKhsfhLx_Gj59XQPgMFA[/img]

@pendo
right click on the pic u wanna link
Select copy image url
click on the reply to a post button on nl
Click on the insert image icon
paste the url (ctrl + V) in between the squared brackets
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2011
yipeee!!
there we go!!
That is Biriani now.
This is yours JB kiss
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
eh what about mine cry Pendo?
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 4:39pm On Jul 26, 2011
And to Nayah kiss kiss kiss kiss.Double ie.
And you know what Nayah,the swahilis love eating biriani using their hands. I dont know if it makes the  food more tastier but you can eat using the forks spoons and the rest.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
yes!! we Tz love that for sure!!! but Cameroonians too but it's more things like Fufu or this kind of things
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
Finally did it! grin
If theres one button I have never bothered with, its that 'insert image' one.

See that's ugali but its not made from yam/cassava.That is cornflour.
We like mixing different exotic veges making it more nutritious and delicious as well.
Any kind of meat can go with that ugali.
Then kachumbari acts to spice it all up.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
Hello Nayah and co

Go check out this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-721236.0.html
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2011
Bajias

Masala chips

samosas

And the greatest of them all grin Nyama choma!! Bbq meat
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
OMG this can tempt me to break my fast tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 5:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^^ toba grin
ur fasting? lol sorry. thats tempting I agree.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2011
Seriously its almost 6pm and time to break my fast tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2011
hehehehehe
liar!
pray thats temptation
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
seriously my fast is from 12am to 6pm tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

My dear its past six already
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by pendo89(f): 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
aha you are a muslim.
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 7:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
My Dearest I'm back!!!
Hi toba!
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by dave2(m): 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2011
Anybody in the house 2nite wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Come mingle with moi here @Naya by Nayah(f): 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
Yeeeesssss Dave!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

REASON YOU NEED TO BE IN READY FOR MARRIAGE (RFM) / An Interview with KENNETH205, DONARIOK, VIZKIZ, MrDOjo & CUTEZT / Everyone wants to give Typewriter a dirty slap.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.