Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (683400 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Idaytesj29(m): 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2022
NUELUSA2023:
If you have intentions for Fall 2023 especially for PhD, please let's connect so we can share ideas.

Good Luck to all
I do, kindly add me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Idaytesj29(m): 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2022
NUELUSA2023:
If you have intentions for Fall 2023 especially for PhD, please let's connect so we can share ideas.

Good Luck to all
I applied for PhD in History at Florida International University FIU, University of Chicago, The University of Alabama, and University of Texas at Austin. I am considering applying to Marquette University too.

I have application fee waiver for a few of them.

And I am going all out.

My question is,

Is it best to apply for F1 alongside F2 for my dependants too? Wife and 3 children.

Secondly, how easy is F1 visa for PhD student who has GA TA or RA positions with Tuition Fee waivers?

All is for Fall 2023.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2022
[quote author=Selim09 post=118644879][/quote]

They have started rescheduling the canceled appointment for Nov/Dec 2022.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LettieM: 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
How viable is this information??

infosoftlife:

They have started rescheduling the canceled appointment for Nov/Dec 2022.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rubysugar(f): 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
Date rescheduled from Mar 2023 to Dec 2022.
Is there a need to fill a new DS 160 since the proposed travel date and resumption date has changed?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2022
Idaytesj29:

I applied for PhD in History at Florida International University FIU, University of Chicago, The University of Alabama, and University of Texas at Austin. I am considering applying to Marquette University too.

I have application fee waiver for a few of them.

And I am going all out.

My question is,

Is it best to apply for F1 alongside F2 for my dependants too? Wife and 3 children.

Secondly, how easy is F1 visa for PhD student who has GA TA or RA positions with Tuition Fee waivers?

All is for Fall 2023.

Thanks

If it's a fully funded PhD, your chance of getting visa is very high.

Apply at once with your family. If your wife is working, then let her state that they will spend few months and return. If she's not working, then, let her explain that they will stay with you until you are done with your study.

Also, have money that will cover at least your one year expenses. If possible, pay for an accomodation before going for the interview.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ajoself(m): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2022
I received this response "If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments canceled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid."
Please can I still reschedule after the above message. I didn't even see reschedule option again. Help!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oabayomi24(m): 9:39pm On Nov 24, 2022
Hello everyone.

Please if I am using my cousin bank statement, should he also give me a letter indicating his intention to sponsor me. Or is it only the bank statement I should go with ?

Thanks for your response in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayor2013: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2022
For a F1 and F2 visa type. Do we both need a police clearance certificate as part of documents to be submitted
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Idaytesj29(m): 10:51pm On Nov 24, 2022
CreativeWeb:

If it's a fully funded PhD, your chance of getting visa is very high.

Apply at once with your family. If your wife is working, then let her state that they will spend few months and return. If she's not working, then, let her explain that they will stay with you until you are done with your study.

Also, have money that will cover at least your one year expenses. If possible, pay for an accomodation before going for the interview.
Thank you for this response.

The one year expense is for my family right?
Also, the accommodation is to house my family, but if I am going alone for now, will I still need to get an accommodation before going for the visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DaluO: 11:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
[quote author=Selim09 post=118644879][/quote]

So consulate in Abuja haven’t been operating? I’m just hearing this. And I have an appointment date next week in Abuja, booked flight ticket already �. Although I received a mail and text saying that my time has been moved to 9:30, instead of 7:30. Are you sure the haven’t started operating?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyedamolaFUNMI: 1:42am On Nov 25, 2022
Lord3point5:
Please, reply this comment if and when you get added to the group.
Thank you.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LettieM: 7:01am On Nov 25, 2022
Good morning fam, please I have a question abeg make una help me. I’ve used up my EA for Abuja, was denied terror alert etc if I move my appointment to Lagos will I still get an EA option again? I need to weigh my options HELP!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 7:18am On Nov 25, 2022
Ajoself:
I received this response "If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments canceled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid."
Please can I still reschedule after the above message. I didn't even see reschedule option again. Help!!!

The message is literally written in english.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anonymousBBA: 7:32am On Nov 25, 2022
LettieM:
Good morning fam, please I have a question abeg make una help me. I’ve used up my EA for Abuja, was denied terror alert etc if I move my appointment to Lagos will I still get an EA option again? I need to weigh my options HELP!!!

You’ll need to pay another mrv fee to get another EA option. Same thing happened to me
I had to pay another MRV for EA option . One mrv per one EA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayor2013: 8:16am On Nov 25, 2022
mayor2013:
For a F1 and F2 visa type. Do we both need a police clearance certificate as part of documents to be submitted

Pls I need an answer to this question
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 10:33am On Nov 25, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Thank you for this response.

The one year expense is for my family right?
Also, the accommodation is to house my family, but if I am going alone for now, will I still need to get an accommodation before going for the visa interview?

Yes. It's for your family. You will need to demonstrate that you can take care of them outside your GTA or stipend. Maybe an investment (real estate, etc) that will be giving you money every month or every year without you working in the business or investment.

If you are going alone and you have GTA, then paying or having money for accommodation for 3 or 6 months is enough demonstration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tamad101(f): 4:56pm On Nov 25, 2022
You don't need police clearance certificates for US F1/F2 visa
mayor2013:

Pls I need an answer to this question
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oabayomi24(m): 9:44pm On Nov 25, 2022
Oabayomi24:
Hello everyone.

Please if I am using my cousin bank statement, should he also give me a letter indicating his intention to sponsor me. Or is it only the bank statement I should go with ?

Thanks for your response in advance.

Pls can anyone help to give answers to this question.

Thanks �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yuzee: 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2022
Hi guys! Please I have a quick question. How do we book emergency appointment after getting approval… cos I am still seeing Jan 2024 even after getting a mail today that emergency appointment has been approved. Please help! I have only 5days to schedule!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
Oabayomi24:

Pls can anyone help to give answers to this question.

Thanks �

Sir, you don't need to go with the sponsorship letter. Go with the bank statement - that should suffice.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by frankmoney(m): 7:12am On Nov 26, 2022
NUELUSA2023:

Good Luck to all
interested
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keyin: 7:56am On Nov 26, 2022
Applied to US University since 13th July for Spring PhD Admission and no yet feedback. Emailed the Graduate Admission Director last month and he said my application is with the program for review with a follow up mail a week later to Graduate Program Director with no response. Should I still remain calm or send another email to Admission Department?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krissconnect(m): 8:01am On Nov 26, 2022
Hy everyone! Please is anyone else finding it difficult to get an interview appointment date? My cousin brother in the US who is helping me sort out my visa requested for emergency interview appointment and it was denied. And now we continue waiting for the normal way. My school is starting Jan 7 and I need to be in the states latest Jan 3. Please someone should help with directives
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krissconnect(m): 8:04am On Nov 26, 2022
DaluO:

So consulate in Abuja haven’t been operating? I’m just hearing this. And I have an appointment date next week in Abuja, booked flight ticket already �. Although I received a mail and text saying that my time has been moved to 9:30, instead of 7:30. Are you sure the haven’t started operating?
They’ve resumed operating

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: hellopoza, shapman, Seigha23(f), toutlemonde and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.