Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,488 members, 7,770,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:12 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (676776 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 9:35am On Jul 04, 2013
Good morning all,
Pls I need advice on giving birth in canada. What is the cost, suggested hospitals and how long it takes to get the child's birth certificate and passport after delivery. Which is better / cheaper Canada or Usa.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 04, 2013
Sorry, wrong advice.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
I would definitely go with U.S.A for obvious reasons.....it should cost your more than 3,000 or so to have a baby in

Texas....people from U.K and Canada even fly to U.S to give birth just for the citizenship....

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Vicjustice: 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
Rexwoods: Good morning all,
Pls I need advice on giving birth in canada. What is the cost, suggested hospitals and how long it takes to get the child's birth certificate and passport after delivery. Which is better / cheaper Canada or Usa.
Click the link below to read more before making your decision:
https://www.nairaland.com/1050974/warning-pregnant-women-travelling-abroad

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
Honey86, who told u Canada doesn't give automatic citizenship? Nd who told you Mr man that people from Canada goes to US to give birth? Datz pure lie, rather its US people that goes to CANADA cuz Canadian passport is danger free. @OP, giving birth in Canada is not dat expensive, budget 10k dollars or less. Passport takes nothing less than 14 workings days, so they say but u get it faster and birth certificates takes 3 weeks. From da hospital, the baby will be given temporary health card nd the permanent one will be sent to the Addy u will provide nd social insurance no as well.

76 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2013

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 9:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
Hotstepper: Honey86, who told u Canada doesn't give automatic citizenship? Nd who told you Mr man that people from Canada goes to US to give birth? Datz pure lie, rather its US people that goes to CANADA cuz Canadian passport is danger free. @OP, giving birth in Canada is not dat expensive, budget 10k dollars or less. Passport takes nothing less than 14 workings days, so they say but u get it faster and birth certificates takes 3 weeks. From da hospital, the baby will be given temporary health card nd the permanent one will be sent to the Addy u will provide nd social insurance no as well.

@hotstepper thanks for the info. Do u knw of any hospital or any one that has given birth in canada that can guide me on what to do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
@Rexwoood, no problem. I can get my health care workers to find out for u but they are in Toronto, is that Ok? Wen r u planning to have the baby or ur wife as the case may be?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 05, 2013
Hotstepper: Honey86, who told u Canada doesn't give automatic citizenship? Nd who told you Mr man that people from Canada goes to US to give birth? Datz pure lie, rather its US people that goes to CANADA cuz Canadian passport is danger free. @OP, giving birth in Canada is not dat expensive, budget 10k dollars or less. Passport takes nothing less than 14 workings days, so they say but u get it faster and birth certificates takes 3 weeks. From da hospital, the baby will be given temporary health card nd the permanent one will be sent to the Addy u will provide nd social insurance no as well.
Couldn't you state your argument without being rude about it?. There are better says to put forth your argument without being rude, afterall we learn everyday.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 5:12am On Jul 05, 2013
Hotstepper: @Rexwoood, no problem. I can get my health care workers to find out for u but they are in Toronto, is that Ok? Wen r u planning to have the baby or ur wife as the case may be?
@hotstepper we are planning to have the baby in Toronto march next yr.
@honey86 sorry about the statement .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Vicjustice: 9:30am On Jul 05, 2013
Dear Redwoods
Have you gotten the visa yet, if not, how do you intend to go about it?
It is extremely important that you reply to this, it may save you a huge trouble

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2013
Honey86, don't see anything rude in what I said, or is it cuz its in a question format? Sorry dear if it appears to be rude but not my intention Ok. Ndo oooo

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2013
Redwoods, have u applied for visa and do u ppl have anyone there?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 11:31am On Jul 05, 2013
I have the visa and I have visited twice.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:41am On Jul 05, 2013
Oh that's good then hut you didn't say if you have someone there

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
@hotstepper

So having a child in Canada automatically gives that child citizenship? Also what do you mean by Canadian passport being "danger free"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
Jenny, u know a lot of countries don't like America nd most times Americans traveling put Canadian stickers on their bag..This was showed on TV. What am trying to say is that their are countries ppl with American passports might not wanna go in feat of being attacked

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
@hotstepper yes I have pple der.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
Ok then why don't u tell dem to help u with a hospital, one close to dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hotstepper: Jenny, u know a lot of countries don't like America nd most times Americans traveling put Canadian stickers on their bag..This was showed on TV. What am trying to say is that their are countries ppl with American passports might not wanna go in feat of being attacked

I have never liked America though for two reasons. One: they call themselves world power yet the country suffers from a high rate of unemployment. Two: the gun issue

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2013
Lol@ Jenny.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 06, 2013
jennykadry:

I have never liked America though for two reasons. One: they call themselves world power yet the country suffers from a high rate of unemployment. Two: the gun issue

grin

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
Rexwood, what part of Toronto or GTA would u be staying so it can narrow down for me who to ask cuz u know the area of where u stay will determine the hospital u will born.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rexwoods: 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
My cuzin stays in Scarborough and another in Mississauga so either of the 2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by KA24DETT(m): 2:20am On Jul 08, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
I would definitely go with U.S.A for obvious reasons.....it should cost your more than 3,000 or so to have a baby in

Texas....people from U.K and Canada even fly to U.S to give birth just for the citizenship....

Stop passing wrong information. One of the parents have to be a Canadian Citizen or permanent residence for the child to be a citizen . Giving birth to a child in a Canadian hospital does not give the child automation citizenship like the USA. Get your info right .

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 7:44am On Jul 08, 2013
Dett, what r u talking about?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 08, 2013
@Hotstepper is right. I just found this article, having a child in Canada gives the child automatic citizenship. Only Canada and US do this in the developed countries according to the article.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/03/02/birth-immigration-citizenship.html

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2013
Jenny thanks for providing the article for us to see. At least am aware of Canada and US and Canada is relatively cheaper to give birth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 08, 2013
It is quite cheaper. I still wonder why people go to the states but honestly I don't blame them. Everyone wants to give their child a better life and secure their future. Nigeria is shaky, very shaky.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:15am On Jul 08, 2013
Jenny, most times ppl choose the country they know ppl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
Rexwood I have da info, let me know wen u want me to post it. Seems here is now dead lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hotstepper: Rexwood I have da info, let me know wen u want me to post it. Seems here is now dead lol

Why don't u just post it here so other people can benefit? wink

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (167) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.