Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,188 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (689851 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Firstleoqueen: 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2023
Good evening house...
Please I want to know how many copies of international passport I would take plus the size and measurements.

Thanks as I await response.,🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BETHANY2024: 1:02am On Oct 26, 2023
Good evening Forum,

Is there any body could help to tell when would US consulate in Lagos or US Embassy in Abuja open interview dates for the January 2024 intake.
I kept checking my profile booked for Lagos, and it continuing saying - no appointments available at this time.

Any info will belp.

Thanks.
Bethy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chimax1(m): 8:16am On Oct 26, 2023
Good morning guys,

Please has anyone applied to Georgia state uni(GSU) or George Washington Uni for MPH Spring semester 04? Any update on the admission?
I am a bit concerned regarding timeline since school resumes on Jan 15.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Firstleoqueen: 8:51am On Oct 26, 2023
Good morning house please I want to know how many copies of passport photos to take for the f1 visa anyone that has done it should please state it here.

🙏 Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dips04: 9:24am On Oct 26, 2023
chibuchris1:
Good day everyone,
please I have not been able to schedule my USA F1 visa appointment, the portal is telling me that an email will be sent to me on when my application to schedule an appointment is approved and it has been like that for almost a month now. I don't know what is happening, can anyone explain to me.
Good morning, I have the same issue for over a month now.
May I know if you have received an approval email from the embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Observer25: 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
Deemamadee:
Hello wonderful people
I hope I get help here
Please I have a situation,My USA visa interview was 20th sept 2023 at Abuja consulate, F1 with my husband and my child
My husband and child were denied and I was placed on administrative processing
They took my passport and i20, Till now I've not heard from the embassy
Now my husband has gotten admission to a school in germany, he's on full scholarship and he can take us as dependants
Now my issue is how to get us consulate to fast track my administrative processing so that I can get my passport back as I need it soon to get germany visa, So is their a way to cancel my application at this point ? Because honestly I've lost interest in the outcome because I don't want to leave without my family
Please how can I go about this

Which course?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by orimsamsam(m): 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
Mobil567:
Thanks for showing me a city which is a second residence.

However, I am not sure the purpose of the photos like there’s barely any less developed city or university in the US? Photos do not always equal to efficiency.

As I said, there are way better universities than Lamar.
I’m quite sure you have never been to Beaumont or Lamar university before ,everything you are saying about Beaumont and Lamar university are just personal accounts rather than facts or research.
Beaumont has one of the biggest refinery in the United States. It’s regarded as one of the heart of oil and gas companies in Texas .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 2Banty: 11:12pm On Oct 26, 2023
Hey guys,

I am visiting Nigeria for thé first time in years this December. Will my American debit and credit cards work in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 3:12am On Oct 27, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

The school isn’t part of the problem, the cost of attendance, deficit of $19,000, lack of funding, and lack of a strong sponsor is. He says his mother has revenue of 72 million naira a year plus a large amount of employees—after operating costs and payroll, his deficit will cut her net profits almost in half. You’re telling him to choose a higher ranking school which will cost higher and cause him to have a bigger deficit.

Beaumont, Texas isn’t a rural city, it’s an oil, gas, and chemical hub with several large refineries, has over 120,000 people, and is about an hour outside of Houston. I don’t know where you got your information but Lamar isn’t low ranking, it’s actually considered a good university and boasts over 8,000 students. Lamar is known for its MIS, nursing, and mechanical engineering programs. Native Texans with money wouldn’t hesitate to send their offspring there neither would Nigerians living in Houston, Dallas, and neighboring states yet you’re talking like it’s subpar. Here’s pictures of the city you call rural and the university you call low ranking:
How do these pictures affect the ranking of the school that is publicly available on USNews?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mobil567: 5:09am On Oct 27, 2023
k.
orimsamsam:

I’m quite sure you have never been to Beaumont or Lamar university before ,everything you are saying about Beaumont and Lamar university are just personal accounts rather than facts or research.
Beaumont has one of the biggest refinery in the United States. It’s regarded as one of the heart of oil and gas companies in Texas .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2023
2Banty:
Hey guys,

I am visiting Nigeria for thé first time in years this December. Will my American debit and credit cards work in Nigeria?

I think there's a ban on this. Use to work before can't say about now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2023
2Banty:
Hey guys,

Do NOT carry your DEBIT CARD.
If you're using a hotel that's you booked already with your credit card then that's fine, follow typical precautions for using credit cards overseas.
I'd say carry some dollars in cash( not a lot abeg) and change to naira as you need. You can change at the airport when you land just 100usd at first.

Lastly travel light and try to open ngn bank account
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chrishertz8: 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
Please if I apply with my 2year old, will i be required to pay 157k for her too?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vader92: 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2023
Thank you so much!

BigIyanga:

Taking over your family business is a good home-ties argument to be made. Do your homework wella
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:23pm On Oct 27, 2023
2Banty:
Hey guys,

Don’t use your debit card, as a matter of fact, wouldn’t even suggest that you travel with it. Most banks and credit unions have a tendency to suspend your debit card after seeing one or two swipes in Nigeria because they automatically suspect that it’s fraud. Bring and use a credit card with zero fraud liability’s

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
2Banty:
Hey guys,

Be willing to pay intl charges… more so, your account might be blocked once IP transaction is coming from Naija.

Dont use your US-Linked Uber app…. cos they’ll be billing in $usd at FX official rate while you can pay cash in Naija with Bolt and other apps.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Themaths(m): 12:01am On Oct 28, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Don’t use your debit card, as a matter of fact, wouldn’t even suggest that you travel with it. Most banks and credit unions have a tendency to suspend your debit card after seeing one or two swipes in Nigeria because they automatically suspect that it’s fraud. Bring and use a credit card with zero fraud liability’s

Also, he shouldn't forget to bring a credit card that charges $0 for international transactions.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Opeyemi12345t: 12:14am On Oct 28, 2023
Good day everyone, please I want to be added to F1 visa interview Abuja WhatsApp mock group Also.08069670878
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 28, 2023
2Banty:
Hey guys,

Do not use your foreign Debit or Credit card in Nigeria. What I did was open an account in Nigeria the next day after I arrived and I was given a UBA debit card immediately, Then I would transfer money from my Canadian account to the Nigerian and spend Naira from the Nigeria account. If you use your American debit card, you are not in control of the conversion rates at the point of transactions and in case of disputes on transactions, international disputes are harder to resolve.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 10:23am On Oct 28, 2023
Firstleoqueen:
Good evening house...
Please I want to know how many copies of international passport I would take plus the size and measurements.

Thanks as I await response.,🙏

Take to where sir?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2023
2Banty:
Hey guys,

Open an account with Opay or Palmpay to save the stress

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 10:57am On Oct 28, 2023
Chrishertz8:
Please if I apply with my 2year old, will i be required to pay 157k for her too?

Its on the usatravelsdoc site

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Drone95(m): 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2023
Please, after telling the Vo that I will be returning to NG particularly my place of work to assume a leading xyz role, can one go further to mention that I have a long term goal of working with NHS in the UK with the acquired degree?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojohnny(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2023
Hi guys.
Please does anyone know how long until after the requesting to schedule an appointment that one gets a response ?
Start date is in January.
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teminio: 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2023
Please I need advice on this.
The GTB receipt is a reissue and without the bank stamp.
Just to confirm from the gurus in the house if there is anything to worry about?
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nunu2023: 7:07am On Oct 29, 2023
Oladapoidowu:
Please can anyone add me to the mock group my number is 08060756848
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nunu2023: 7:32am On Oct 29, 2023
Good day everyone, I also have the same issue, I have not been able to schedule my USA F1 visa appointment, the portal is telling me that an email will be sent to me on when my application to schedule an appointment is approved and it has been like that for few days now. Kindly add me to the WhatsApp date hunting group 08060756848
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Otisker(m): 8:13am On Oct 29, 2023
Nunu2023:
Good day everyone, I also have the same issue, I have not been able to schedule my USA F1 visa appointment, the portal is telling me that an email will be sent to me on when my application to schedule an appointment is approved and it has been like that for few days now. Kindly add me to the WhatsApp date hunting group 08060756848
Boss abeg I want to apply for this F1 visa but I am a complete novice can you please tell me the estimated cost of the whole visa process and if it is possible for a secondary school graduate to apply
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 5:30pm On Oct 29, 2023
Please who has a group link for Germany student visa process?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by csandy(f): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (535) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.