Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help (46397 Views)

HIV Patient Confesses To Mixing Her Blood With Zobo To Sell To The Public (Video / Please Help, My Kid Sister Is In Pains (pics) / Sleeping With An HIV Positive Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by JOACHINpedro: 7:42am On Jun 25, 2022
What she needs now is immediate medical attention and Post test Counselling
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Nemesis0147(m): 7:42am On Jun 25, 2022
S
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by JOACHINpedro: 7:43am On Jun 25, 2022
Jeon:
I thought all "red pill" female relatives are not useless, why is she a victim?.
I told you that you take things extremely serious from this site. Now you're myopically commenting on the topic
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by KingOfTheDamned: 7:43am On Jun 25, 2022
Are you stupid.?

They are the best kind of women to date. They don't sleep around at least those who take their ARVs regularly .

I have dated two so far. And as long as you the hiv negative guy uses your PEP and truvada which ever you prefer then you are good to go..

See don't be a naive Billy goat

3 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Kellie069(m): 7:43am On Jun 25, 2022
Foolish question from a nitwit of a family member!! What has been an HIV patient got to do with coexisting with people?? Like your own blood sister . Eeeew.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by bigpicture001: 7:45am On Jun 25, 2022
Help wwith what..? No body can turn it around except sh goes with living her life with an ARV... That's simple
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Nyamiri: 7:45am On Jun 25, 2022
Nazgul:
She probably ran off with a guy to another state who ended up ditching her; and when the the battle to make ends meet caught up with her, she resorted to prostitution and caught the virus.

Well if you must know, HIV isn't a death sentence, with the right medication and health care, she can live comfortably till old age.

Just show her love, care and support, don't in anyway try to condemn or judge her or else she might just end her life. People in such conditions are very fragile. You must apply wisdom when dealing with them.

She has full blown AIDS, that's a death sentence.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Judolisco(m): 7:45am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
She left home since 2006 nobody heard from her... not even when our father died. There was no contact at all.

Surprisingly she came visiting yesterday looking thin and sick with a swollen feet. After much pestering to tell us the families whats the cause of it she said she's HIV positive since 2011.

Now the thing is what's the Implication of living with an hiv patients and if it's you would you accept such situations even if it's your blood to live with you?
take her to a general hospital or a teaching hospital quick... Na free treatment for HIV peeps

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by KingOfTheDamned: 7:46am On Jun 25, 2022
rickpat:
you have no qualms living with her...just don't share sharp objects with her...

secondly I think it's no more HIV... it's now a full blown AIDS....

take her to the hospital...the Earlier the better...TIME IS A HUGE FACTOR AT THIS POINT....her immunity is way too low that's why she is have those external features...

help her stay healthy... support her cus at this point it's very very difficult to manage....the secret to living with HIV is EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND BE VERY FAITHFUL TO THE ANTIRETROVIRAL MEDICATION

I suspect it's now aids too , seems she wasn't taking her ARVs . This means if it's adis she will die soon unfortunately.

How stupid some people are just amazed me. I have dated two hiv positive ladies I met who opened up... They are the best women to date because they are sexually disciplined and faithful. And as long as you the negative gubstay on PEPs you are safe ..

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by jaxxy(m): 7:47am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
She left home since 2006 nobody heard from her... not even when our father died. There was no contact at all.

Surprisingly she came visiting yesterday looking thin and sick with a swollen feet. After much pestering to tell us the families whats the cause of it she said she's HIV positive since 2011.

Now the thing is what's the Implication of living with an hiv patients and if it's you would you accept such situations even if it's your blood to live with you?

The prodigal daughter. The 1st thing to do u take her to the hospital. Then where she can stay will be determined after that. The hospital will advise.

But please she needs love and care now not judgement. Hopefully she has realised herself.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by KingOfTheDamned: 7:48am On Jun 25, 2022
redseason:
If she is already as sick as you described, she is battling AIDS and not HIV. It’s already fate acompli. Chances were she never knew her status until it became full blown AIDS. There is not much you can do now except show her love and watch her die slowly and agonizingly everyday.

But I think ARDs can also limit the virus even with AIDS diagnosis from replication. Do visit the hospital.

I feel so sad for her indeed. And more still she seems to have a demon for a brother

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Passionate888: 7:48am On Jun 25, 2022
Help her

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Testimony1988(m): 7:48am On Jun 25, 2022
You know what to do, why are you asking again?
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
OKay junkie!
COMFIRM one! They keep throwing trolls upon someone seeking anwser to a serious question; they don't know the mood that made such a question to come up online..
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by 07kjb: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2022
MANY PEOPLE ON NAIRALAND HERE HAS HIV/AIDS

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Passionate888: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

I feel so sad for her indeed. And more still she seems to have a demon for a brother
So you think
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Spizzy1: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2022
Don't stigmatize her. HIV is not a death sentenced. It can be well managed now and she will still live long and fulfil her destiny. You should encourage her.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Think4Yourself: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2022
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Divoc19(f): 7:50am On Jun 25, 2022
Op, be calming down.
It's not the end of her life yet
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Hydroxide(m): 7:50am On Jun 25, 2022
When she dey enjoy she no remember home and she did not even call home for years. When things do really bad, she remember home. I pray make I look that kinda person for face self. Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by WatchYourSix: 7:51am On Jun 25, 2022
rickpat:
you have no qualms living with her...just don't share sharp objects with her...

secondly I think it's no more HIV... it's now a full blown AIDS....

take her to the hospital...the Earlier the better...TIME IS A HUGE FACTOR AT THIS POINT....her immunity is way too low that's why she is have those external features...

help her stay healthy... support her cus at this point it's very very difficult to manage....the secret to living with HIV is EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND BE VERY FAITHFUL TO THE ANTIRETROVIRAL MEDICATION

The science is clear..
..but sometimes HIV patients are known to be vindictive feeling vengeful that someone infected them and they sometimes feel the nees to do the same....it best to help them from ...i woukd rather do it from afar....especially for someone the op described that has left home for long and has probably disconnected from loving the family....

I no dey lose guard ooo

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Elidrisy20: 7:51am On Jun 25, 2022
Just take her to hospital, she will get all the necessary medical assistance needed
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by MtDave55: 7:51am On Jun 25, 2022
She is still family and need your support now than ever. HIV is not a dangerous illness as people picture it especially when detected earlier. Show her love, make her comfortable and welcome, already she I hating herself and feeling she have failed the family, that's enough for the reckless life she may have lived.
She need your love
Don't discriminate against her
Don't stigmatize against her
Love her and ensure she take her drugs properly soon you will be well again.

There's are many people out there living a healthy and well yet they're People Living with HIV (PLWHIV).

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Papichulostunne(m): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What the heck kind of question is this? Does her being HIV positive somehow diminish the fact that she is your sister? undecided

Nope.. ! But maybe the fact she left home for 16years with no reason, no trace, no contact what so ever. And then she just show up out of the blue to pretend all is fine and yes, SHE HAS HIV.!!!!

THAT OUGHT TO DIMINISH THE FACT THAT SHE IS A SISTER TO THEM

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by lolu2019: 7:51am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Surprisingly she came visiting yesterday looking thin and sick with a swollen feet. After much pestering to tell us the families whats the cause of it she said she's HIV positive since 2011.yes.HIV is not God.it is just a tiny micro organism.how are u going to allow that control ur life.

Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2022
HIV is just like any other illness, there is nothing to fear or feel a shamed for.

She needs love and care from family members and as far as I know treatment is free

Just locate a treatment center and commence treatment after 6 months she’ll be good as new provided it has gotten to AIDs yet
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by KingOfTheDamned: 7:51am On Jun 25, 2022
Passionate888:

So you think

So I think what? At least make a point don't be vague in your commentary because you want to come off as cool
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by Caseless: 7:52am On Jun 25, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Oga, it seems her own has grown to AIDS, from what you said. Take her to the hospital.
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by InoGetJoy: 7:54am On Jun 25, 2022
AgentGoat:

You don't have sense!!

Help me tell your sister she should start taking her meds. Just help me tell her. i beg you with devil.
She already has full-blown AIDS, it has passed the HIV stage and sadly, no drug can help her now
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:55am On Jun 25, 2022
Bring her to me make give her better knack joor!

HIV nodey fear me pass waiting APC/PDP dey fear me!
Re: I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help by buzorcharles(m): 7:55am On Jun 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Chill..that person only gave an advice..you didn't need to sound that way... undecided

He didn't sound bad dear he only called the guy junkie cos that's his name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Falls From 3 Storey Building In Imo, Breaks His Left Leg (Graphic Photos) / 9,579 Lagosians Tested Positive To HIV In 6 Months - LSACA / Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.