Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News (8485 Views)

SP Benjamin Hundeyin Advises Ladies Who Send Nudes To Their Lovers / Ifeanyi Okpoko Goes To Court Over Anambra Ritual Murder Case / Naval Officer Infects His Wife With HIV, Charges Her To Court In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by cherishmichael: 1:33am On Jun 25, 2022
Alleged N1.85bn arms fund: HURIWA advises Buratai on next action as ICPC denies ex-COAS involvement

Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria, HURIWA, has asked a former Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai, to go to court over a recent allegations propagated against by a section of the media.

Report made the rounds on Friday that the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, had recovered N1.85 billion from a house and office said to belong to Buratai in Abuja.

Th allegedly recovered huge sum was said to be part of the billions of naira earmarked for the purchase of arms and ammunition by the Buhari administration

But the ICPC came out to deny the report of recovery of N170 million cash, $220,965, G-Wagon and other items from Buratai, who is the current Nigerian Ambassador to Benin Republic.
The spokesperson of the commission, Azuka Ogugua, said the report was false, adding that the said house does not belong to Buratai

He said that facts available indicate that the property is owned by owner of K Salam Construction Company, a military contractor.

“We in HURIWA read a recent publication on webpage of sahara reporters titled “EXCLUSIVE: Anti-graft Agency, ICPC Uncovers Billions In Cash Meant For Arms, Ammunition To Fight Boko Haram In Abuja Home Of Ex-Chief Of Army Staff, Buratai”which was published on23/06/2022,” the group said in a statement signed by Emmanuel Onwubiko and made available to Daily Post on Friday night.

“We as a civil rights body made up of lots of investigators and media workers with some of the finest investigative sources embedded in Federal and state government agencies, we can categorically confirm and attest to what the legal counsel of the retired military General said and also the ICPC has issued a statement distancing itself from the allegations that the house it invaded belonged to the erstwhile Army Chief.

“We in HURIWA are hereby encouraging the former military chief to file a suit in court to stop these vindictive media campaigns of terrorism which are funded by a top security chief working in the Presidency for political and selfish reasons”.

HURIWA is also advised media practitioners to respect the basic tenets of journalism which is objectivity, truthfulness, accuracy and balance.

HURIWA appealed to the Nigerian Union of Journalists and the Guild of Editors and the National Press Conference to roll out training programme for online publishers to educate them on the dangers of spreading fake news.
https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/24/alleged-n1-85bn-arms-fund-huriwa-advises-buratai-on-next-action-as-icpc-denies-ex-coas-involvement/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by effido666: 2:50am On Jun 25, 2022
They av changed the story again .....Nigeria's

1 Like

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Mumusaphire: 5:05am On Jun 25, 2022
Buratai need to face ICC for all his atrocities. Buhari is d worst of it to cover him by still giving him ambassador post. Even I don't even know d work of ICC because I don't see them jail anyone.

16 Likes

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Jestin: 6:22am On Jun 25, 2022
Buratai Is a known thief

12 Likes

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by inoki247: 6:23am On Jun 25, 2022
lol wu born monkey....
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Spaxon(f): 6:24am On Jun 25, 2022
Buratai was corrupt in the Army. When Attahiru tried to Expose His Corrupt Activities to the Senate; they killed Him.
Forget that Plane Crash cover. Even Passenger Planes still perfectly on Wet Runways.

Who in Buhari's Cabinet in all Offices doesn't exhibit corruption traits. They all do what they like cus they know Buhari will do nothing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Searchingvictor: 6:24am On Jun 25, 2022
M watching

Somebody should lend me 60k please, I'll pay back in 20k/month for 4 months. I swear, please.
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by IPIGSRHYPO: 6:27am On Jun 25, 2022
This IPIG terrorist again, attention seeking mofo.
Who is "we"?
This so called group is a one man IPIG terrorist fool making noise all over the place.
It's nothing but an IPIG terrorist supporter masquerading as a human rights organization.
What a clown.
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Fryzi(m): 6:27am On Jun 25, 2022
When the news about Ike Ekweremadu harvesting organs hit the news, you people did not advice him on what to do neither did they stood by him. One sided country.
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by EmmyDJourno: 6:28am On Jun 25, 2022
What good has Buhari’s Presidency brought to Nigerians please
Now they want to reinforce failure with Tinubu, God punish them angry
Peter Obi, ahead ahead cool

5 Likes

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Newyorkitis(m): 6:29am On Jun 25, 2022
The truth is always seen, but rarely heard.
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:38am On Jun 25, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:
This IPIG terrorist again, attention seeking mofo.
Who is "we"?
This so called group is a one man IPIG terrorist fool making noise all over the place.
It's nothing but an IPIG terrorist supporter masquerading as a human rights organization.
What a clown.

Your tears...better than coffee I must assure you

Weak minority..hahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Ezedon(m): 6:40am On Jun 25, 2022
Buratai is a Criminal

1 Like

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by IPIGSRHYPO: 6:44am On Jun 25, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Your tears...better than coffee I must assure you

Weak minority..hahahahaha
Only an meth cannibal will even think of drinking human fears
Yikes.. grin
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Unshackled: 6:52am On Jun 25, 2022
And EFCC cannot name the so-called military contractor?

Nigeria na film trick.
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by saucespecies: 6:55am On Jun 25, 2022
Hahaha.. It's more like advising Buratai to go and collect one room in kuje prison.

EFFC should use the same RAMBO STYLE energy they use on Yahoo boys to get him arrested ASAP.

EFCC normally arrest people before investigation and this case shouldn't be different.

3 Likes

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by KingAzubuike(f): 7:02am On Jun 25, 2022
Mumusaphire:
Buratai need to face ICC for all his atrocities. Buhari is d worst of it to cover him by still giving him ambassador post. Even I don't even know d work of ICC because I don't see them jail anyone.
The late COAS Attahiru was ready to expose some of these attrocities. They had no choice than to assassinate him.

2 Likes

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by GloriousGbola: 7:11am On Jun 25, 2022
All this is why I am happy the organ harvesting case is in the UK. Even so, the waters are still being muddied.

We can see all the different angles that have been pushed about, with NO actual arrests.
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Mumusaphire: 7:22am On Jun 25, 2022
KingAzubuike:

The late COAS Attahiru was ready to expose some of these attrocities. They had no choice than to assassinate him.
I swear that is what they did. Till now, no investigation carried out on the crash.

1 Like

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Judolisco(m): 7:25am On Jun 25, 2022
Eno fit go court Na... It's like APC going to sango to swear that their party did not buy votes in ekiti to win election

3 Likes

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by BaddestQueen(f): 7:26am On Jun 25, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:

Yikes.. grin
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique
Rule 2
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Toktee(m): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2022
EmmyDJourno:
What good has Buhari’s Presidency brought to Nigerians please
Now they want to reinforce failure with Tinubu, God punish them angry
Peter Obi, ahead ahead cool
Worst than the then pdp government of Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Toktee(m): 7:28am On Jun 25, 2022
BaddestQueen:
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique
Rule 2
Is that an insult? Go rest abeg, why calling mynd44?
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Whisk(m): 7:30am On Jun 25, 2022
Allow Buratai to handle the matter by himself.
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 25, 2022
Any opportunity given to you, make sure you steal your own part, no go there dey form deeper life pastor or believer na your body go tell you. See the kind of amount of money in one person's house! Really money is a sickness!
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by virginchaser(m): 7:39am On Jun 25, 2022
A big shame and a big stain to military institution if confirmed to be true.
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Papichulostunne(m): 7:45am On Jun 25, 2022
HerbAgent4:
Let justice be serve undecided

Please Hear THIS!!

Why die in Silent!!
Why do you want to allow Ulcer and Heartburns to wipe away the joy you had before when enjoying your Favorite FOODS AND Drinks If you have NOT experience Ulcer PAINS, you don't know how lucky you are. A lot of people for long, have been battling with killer-Ulcer. STOMACH Ulcers are dangerous because they cause life threatening complications leading to perforation and bleeding of the stomach.

Remember health is wealth!
DON'T die in silent, STOP managing ULCER. take advantage of this price splash month and ENJOY % discount.
Pay on delivery.

Oga what are we paying for?
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 25, 2022
Searchingvictor:
M watching

Somebody should lend me 60k please, I'll pay back in 20k/month for 4 months. I swear, please.

Loan shark
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by Searchingvictor: 7:55am On Jun 25, 2022
Revolution2022:
Loan shark

Non is giving me, saying my point is low or smtin
Re: HURIWA Advises Buratai To Go To Court Over Corruption News by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:55am On Jun 25, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:

Yikes.. grin

Both your fears ooo..your tears ooo

You are not yoruba,you will continue to be minority whether you leave the country or not..

I will drink them all... I repeat your cold premium tears will be drank with nkwobi for my conscience delight..

Onye ala wey dey cyber bully me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Abduct Lawmaker’s Wife, Two Children In Kwara / Mc #Tushe Confronts #lastma official Violating A Traffic Law(video) / Man Narrates Ordeal After Attack By Thugs During Meeting In Bauchi. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.