Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut (1265 Views)

How I Grilled Tilapia Fish, Plantain And Pepper Sauce- Easy Way (Photos, Video) / See The ₦600 Banana And Groundnut I Bought In Uyo (Pictured) / Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by pstJey(f): 12:11am On Jun 26, 2022
As a PH girl, I feel really uncomfortable when I see Lagosians eating roasted plantain and groundnut and calling it bole cry

It makes me feel sad. embarassed

Lagosians, for the final time, bole means roasted plantain and fish angry.
Periodt!

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by ahnie: 12:40am On Jun 26, 2022
Countering your claims.
Bo'le means roasted plantain only groundnut not included ...adding groundnut na just toppings to make the ministry wotojudiscously.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by html14java(f): 2:06am On Jun 26, 2022
I go to Dubai and they call basic amenities DEWA, I now come to Nigeria to tell Nigerians that its wrong and they should accept to also call it DEWA. How do I sound?

Now reread your Bole argument.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by Stephen0mozzy: 3:29am On Jun 26, 2022
cry

As a cruise catcher, I feel really uncomfortable when I see a particular nairalander eating roasted plantain and fish and calling it bole

Dear OP, for the final time, bole means "THE TRUNK OR STEM OF A TREE" angry.
Periodt!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by gasparpisciotta: 5:46am On Jun 26, 2022
‘Bole’ means ‘come down’

Periodtt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by vastolord4(m): 7:32am On Jun 26, 2022
So this is what is making you angry. Not the fact that the price of the bole has increased or the fact that some dead corrupt ancestors have the mind to resurrect to rule Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by poshestmina(f): 8:04am On Jun 26, 2022
ahnie:
Countering your claims.
Bo'le means roasted plantain only groundnut not included ...adding groundnut na just toppings to make the ministry wotojudiscously.

ahnie, let's not fight this morning.
I'm too passionate about Bole grin grin.

As a real Phc woman, Bole is roasted plantain, Fish(especially big head)special sauce (with enough palm oyel) and some 'mendemende' like Ugba, Uziza leaf, sliced onions etc.

OP,you're right.
Lagos people should just leave Bole for us. grin
Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by ahnie: 8:25am On Jun 26, 2022
poshestmina:

ahnie, let's not fight this morning.
I'm too passionate about Bole grin grin.

As a real Phc woman, Bole is roasted plantain, Fish(especially big head)special sauce (with enough palm oyel) and some 'mendemende' like Ugba, Uziza leaf, sliced onions etc.

OP,you're right.
Lagos people should just leave Bole for us. grin
Sweetie as a warri lady....Bo'le is semi ripe roasted plantain ,eaten with either fried fish,EPA(groundnut or red oil sauce mashed in semi fried pepper and onions.

That's how we ball our Bo'le in warri.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:47am On Jun 26, 2022
pstJey:
As a PH girl, I feel really uncomfortable when I see Lagosians eating roasted plantain and groundnut and calling it bole cry

Lagosians, for the final time, bole means roasted plantain and fish angry.
Periodt!

You forgot to mention the oil sauce that goes with the fish.

The only thing I miss about PH is bole.
Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 26, 2022
I tried arguing about this with some guys on twitter and they had to drag my father into the argument.... yorubas are so fiesty and uncultured.... like seriously wtf is plantain and groundnut? And u got the audacity to call ph bole trash

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 26, 2022
ahnie:

Sweetie as a warri lady....Bo'le is semi ripe roasted plantain ,eaten with either fried fish,EPA(groundnut or red oil sauce mashed in semi fried pepper and onions.

Yh that's exactly the "normal" recipe.....I dunno what's with the other tribe corrupting it by adding bitter leaves, beans and bullshit that has no business with the "normal" and sane recipe
Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by poshestmina(f): 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2022
ahnie:

Groundnut with Roasted Plantain should be given another name.
Thanks.

gloryhomemaker:

You forgot to mention the oil sauce that goes with the fish.

The only thing I miss about PH is bole.

I tell you kiss kiss kiss.
I tried recreating it severally but I didn't get that "Bole flavour taste," .

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut by Reinamaria(f): 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kaiair:

Yh that's exactly the "normal" recipe.....I dunno what's with the other tribe corrupting it by adding bitter leaves, beans and bullshit that has no business with the "normal" and sane recipe

This attitude is exactly the reason why they dragged your father on twitter.

Learn to respect other tribes, their ways and choices, and see how easy life becomes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Easy And Tasty Barbecue Fish Recipe ( Pics And Video) / What Food Or What Can A Slim Guy Like Me Do 2 Grow Fat / The 77 Meals To Try Before You Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.