Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? (1126 Views)

Why Facebook,google,youtube Are Not Paying Taxes In Nigeria? / Call 07017475596 If You Have Facebook Page For Sale. / Do You Have Facebook Group For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by seuntech(m): 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2011
1PLUSALL
A group of Nigeria University Students (comprising of University of Abuja, Federal University of Technology Minna, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Kogi State University and University of Jos) have come together to build the first ever dedicated “Social Networking Website” in Africa, with unique ideas and interesting features. The site was launched on the 20th of July 2011.
This website was given the name www.1plusall.com.
The name “1PLUSALL” was coined to denote the aim and purpose of the website which is to build a network which will globally connect people hence breaking through barriers of racial, ethnic, religious and social discrimination thereby promoting tolerance to a degree never been attained before.
You can use our “Network” feature which enables you to connect to people with common interests, schools, professions, etc, as well as our “Market Place” feature which allows you to freely advertise items you want to buy and sell.
We are confident that our outstanding techniques coupled with your support will make it the best in the world.
OLATUNJI ADEWALE A.
Re: Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by item: 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2011
Hope they move fast enough to make a different. But I don't see them move that fast.
Re: Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
I laff in Ikwerre-Igbo. 5 universities for a social networking site. Are they going to be building it from scratch or using an existing script. If they are using already availaible scripts then it shouldn't be news.
Re: Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by seuntech(m): 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2011
it is already running and built from scratch
Re: Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by seuntech(m): 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2011
programmed by 2 students and 3 students in marketing
Re: Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2011
Are u one of them? Where's the link to the site.
Re: Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by seuntech(m): 12:49am On Jul 26, 2011
Re: Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by hostsleek(m): 8:53am On Jul 26, 2011
Little advice, You are new in the social biz, Try to sell your site to your visitor(like myspace) b4 asking them to signup for something like iplusall or whatever u called u website,

And again what is it with the facebook look, Change it and be real, Get your own homepage concept.
Re: Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by seuntech(m): 10:18am On Jul 26, 2011
Thanks your advice is appreciated
but its just ur opinion register and look inside
Re: Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by hostsleek(m): 10:50am On Jul 26, 2011
@Seuntech
People don't want to register for things they don't anything abt, Facebook is widely known, Try something diff like showing me stuff i can do on your website that will make me wanna signup and continue. Not telling me what you offer,
Re: Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by seuntech(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2011
thanks
will fix that over there
Re: Can We Have Facebook, Google Etc In Nigeria? by switch47(m): 12:05am On Aug 13, 2011
What do you guys think about this www.1pluall.com ??

(1) (Reply)

Is Clickify.tk A Scam? / What To Do If Google Disapproves Your Adsense Application / Domain NAME Parking Business secrete reveal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.