Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,517 members, 7,836,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis (1006 Views)

USA Parades 12 Nuclear Stealth Bombers & Vows Jets Are ‘Ready To Strike Anywhere / Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? / Russia Tells EU, NATO To Stop Arms Supplies To Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by bn365: 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
Former Minister of the Interior of Latvia Maris Gulbis said that Europe and NATO are ready to "take" the Kaliningrad region from Russia, and the restriction of transit was a signal for this .
According to Gulbis, today's Western leaders are "too soft" compared to Ronald Reagan and Winston Churchill. He is sure that US President Joe Biden should have announced to Russian President Vladimir Putin that "we are now taking away Kaliningrad."

"Restricting transit to the Kaliningrad region is the first step by Europe and NATO to cut off Kaliningrad, the former capital of East Prussia, from Russia. <…> A clear signal has been sent to the Russians - if you show off, we will take Koenigsberg. These are the consequences of Yalta and Nuremberg, but this is yesterday ".

Deputy Chairman of the Security Council of Russia Dmitry Medvedev answered the statement of the former Lithuanian minister. In his opinion, the words of Gulbis are meaningless.

“There, some other idiot, a former minister from Latvia, sent a signal that NATO and the European Union were taking Kaliningrad from us. Looks like he drank or ate something bad. He offers to start a third world war. it will be at the door. And rightly so. We have a good memory ... "Medvedev promised.

2 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Shascky33: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
i read this sh*t on Tass news yesterday. Medvedev was angry and issuing bk threats. Infact there are talks of legislating on if Lithuania's post soviet independence should be withdrawn. The Lithuanian ex minister was just being careless and russia says they will put dem bk ryt where they belong.

9 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by rayvelez(m): 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2022
Careless talk.

5 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
It is always one idiot from a "dependent" country that is used to "issue statements" to instigate a crisis.

Truth is ... Europe cannot afford for this "war" to last till winter. The USA will rather watch the whole of Europe burn than allow European countries return to beg Russia for hydrocarbons, Cos they know Russia will demand a steep price And US influence will wane.

13 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Svlla: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
Weed induced delusions

8 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by NigerianAngelo(m): 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
This current EU behaving like Hitler of 1939.

5 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by seunny4lif(m): 3:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
Poland wants compensation from Gazprom for the decision to stop gas supplies but I thought Poland said they don’t want Russia gas, oil and money grin

Russia oil and gas have helped Europeans manufacturing companies stay in competition with Asia manufacturing companies for years but now it’s about to change that even Italia PM and German economy minister have said the same thing.
If China finish the POS-2 then it’s game over

9 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by ken6488(m): 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2022
Then we all should prepare for world war 3

1 Like

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by seankafor(m): 3:21pm On Jun 28, 2022
These niggas thought they could shut Russia up?

3 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by bn365: 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2022
That's the whole point.
Lithuania is part NATO and has been poking Russia to get a reaction so that they[US/EU] could accuse Russia of being belligerent against its neighbor and a NATO member.

ken6488:

2 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by DerrickzB: 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
Lithuania Ex minister should not be listened to!! I hope he is arrested and kept in a place so the alcohol can clear up!

Cause it’s just 3rd world war that will ensue!!

8 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Kelvin3476: 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2022
Shascky33:
i read this sh*t on Tass news yesterday. Medvedev was angry and issuing bk threats. Infact there are talks of legislating on if Lithuania's post soviet independence should be withdrawn. The Lithuanian ex minister was just being careless and russia says they will put dem bk ryt where they belong.
RUSSIA AND THREAT ARE 5 AND 6, BUT DON'T ALSO 4GET THAT RUSSIAN THREATS ARE MEANINGLESS BECUS THEY DON'T CARRY OUT THEIR ATTACK
Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Dvdpity: 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
Kelvin3476:
RUSSIA AND THREAT ARE 5 AND 6, BUT DON'T ALSO 4GET THAT RUSSIAN THREATS ARE MEANINGLESS BECUS THEY DON'T CARRY OUT THEIR ATTACK
Tell that to crying Ukraine. One thing I have learnt about russia in this conflicts is that they don't react fast. But when they do.. its catastrophic.

9 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by panafrican(m): 11:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
He is a fool.
He better read the book of Wisdom in the Bible. N
No need to be a Christian to read it, but only if you want to be a wise, and intelligent leader.

1 Like

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Appleyard(m): 10:07am On Jun 29, 2022
ken6488:

No world war would take place because of a local government-cum country like Lithuania. Russia will just overrun them and make them work for free in Obasanjo's farm. cool

One careless talk from one minister does not represent the collective will of the greater west who will just abandon them to their peril by the time shit hit the fan.

1 Like

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Appleyard(m): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2022
Svlla:
Weed induced delusions

That weed must have been sold to him by Igbofam from his Kwale Igbo farm. cool

1 Like

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Appleyard(m): 10:13am On Jun 29, 2022
Kelvin3476:

Usually, folks that type in capital letters have one thing in common--illogical reasoning.

7 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Appleyard(m): 10:19am On Jun 29, 2022
seunny4lif:
Poland wants compensation from Gazprom for the decision to stop gas supplies but I thought Poland said they don’t want Russia gas, oil and money grin

Russia oil and gas have helped Europeans manufacturing companies stay in competition with Asia manufacturing companies for years but now it’s about to change that even Italia PM and German economy minister have said the same thing.
If China finish the POS-2 then it’s game over

The case of Poland is very funny. Most of these nations in Europe are run by economically clueless leaders. It is coming year most of the will start to feel the impact of this war and the sanctions that followed it. By the time EU companies start losing market share to Asian competitors, it's then they will realise that you cannot replace cheap energy.

Right now, they're smarting out of pure emotions instead of being pragmatically sensitive vis-a-vis tomorrow's economic future.

5 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Kelvin3476: 10:28am On Jun 29, 2022
Dvdpity:

Tell that to crying Ukraine. One thing I have learnt about russia in this conflicts is that they don't react fast. But when they do.. its catastrophic.
BUT THEY ISSUE THREAT VERY FAST ?
WHAT I HAVE LERNT IN THIS WAR IS THAT U SHOULD NT UNDER ESTIMATE ANYBODY .
RUSSIA HAVE LOST MORE THAN BARGAIN , AND U FORGOT THAT THEY PROMISED MUCH HARM THAN THEY HAVE GIVEN TO UKRAINE.
Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Kelvin3476: 10:32am On Jun 29, 2022
Appleyard:

Usually, folks that type in capital letters have one thing in common--illogical reasoning.

COMMON TO CRY IN PEACE U NO SABI
Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Appleyard(m): 10:38am On Jun 29, 2022
Kelvin3476:

COMMON TO CRY IN PEACE U NO SABI

Hey, sorry if that's offensive, I don't mean to.

But, I think you should consider writing in normal letters. Writing in block letters doesn't project soundness, looks awkward and prevent you from spotting typographical errors.

Just my honest assessment though.

5 Likes

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Kelvin3476: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2022
Appleyard:

Hey, sorry if that's offensive, I don't mean to.

But, I think you should consider writing in normal letters. Writing in block letters doesn't project soundness, looks awkward and prevent you from spotting typographical errors.

Just my honest assessment though.
TELLING RUSSIA TO START REACTING TO EVERY THREAT MADE OR MAYBE REACT TO 1 OUT OF 10 WOULD SAVE U FROM CRY ON MY MENTIONS.

1 Like

Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by Appleyard(m): 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
Kelvin3476:
TELLING RUSSIA TO START REACTING TO EVERY THREAT MADE OR MAYBE REACT TO 1 OUT OF 10 WOULD SAVE U FROM CRY ON MY MENTIONS.

It's alright... Your call. cool
Re: EU & NATO Are Ready To "Take" The Kaliningrad Region From Russia - Maris Gulbis by jimetagambo: 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2022
Shascky33:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Israel's Onslaught On Gaza: Before You Rush To Support Israel / The World’s Oldest Sickness / France Raids Mosques, What Was Found Should Have Us Demolishing Them ALL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.