Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank (5420 Views)

Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital / Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja / Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by talktrue1(m): 5:43am On Jul 25, 2011
The Serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly and Vice-Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Pastor Tunde Bakare, on Sunday, appraised Christian leaders’ position on the controversial Islamic banking debate, and accused them of insincerity.

His declaration came as he said he would open an account with the bank once it becomes operational.

Bakare, who spoke on the theme ‘Signposts to The Emergence of a Dictator’ noted that Islamic banking would not result in the Islamisation of the country, but would rather bring relief to the citizenry.

According to him, following that interest rates in the conventional banks are high, Islamic banking will be a huge relief in this area.

He said, “Nobody can Islamise or Christianise Nigeria. Don’t be fooled by church leaders who are speaking from both sides of the mouth. My name is Mr. Bakare and I can change my name to Mallam, an equivalent of Mr., if it will help me get the loan. Islamisation my foot!

“This country will remain a country of truths. People will face options and they will choose to serve God the way they choose. Islamic banking is another distraction just like the Arabic on the naira.

“Dubai is a Muslim country and it is progressive. Many Muslim countries are doing well. If Nigeria is practicing Islam and is retrogressing, then there is something wrong.”

Bakare, who denied that his support for Islamic banking had to do with his background, said it was purely a question of being business-minded.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201107251524776
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by aljharem(m): 5:48am On Jul 25, 2011
God bless you MY PASTOR cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by hakunajay(m): 6:38am On Jul 25, 2011
Pastor, you can as well islamitise your name to mallam alhaji Boko harem! Cos of being business minded!
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by aljharem(m): 6:39am On Jul 25, 2011
hakunajay:

Pastor, you can as well islamitise your name to mallam alhaji Boko haream! Cos of being business minded!

dude it is haram not harem
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by hakunajay(m): 7:27am On Jul 28, 2011
alj harem:

I know, I just wanna mock you without any apologies! Boko harem!
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Arosa(m): 9:50am On Jul 28, 2011
this mallam Bakare dude is a fake christian, he has exposed himself.  grin
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Myself2(m): 10:37am On Jul 28, 2011
hakunajay:

Pastor, you can as well islamitise your name to mallam alhaji Boko harem! Cos of being business minded!

alj harem:

LOL @ Boko harem & alj boko harem

BTW,is Bakare not advocating fraud
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by maclatunji: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2011
Myself2:

LOL @ Boko harem & alj boko harem

BTW,is Bakare not advocating fraud

The greatest problem we have after corruption in this country is the massive ignorance of many Christians. Chei, so if you add Mallam to your name, you have become a Muslim. O my God! Thou art very ignorant indeed!
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by aljharem(m): 10:49am On Jul 28, 2011
maclatunji:

The greatest problem we have after corruption in this country is the massive ignorance of many Christians. Chei, so if you add Mallam to your name, you have become a Muslim. O my God! Thou art very ignorant indeed!

gbammm grin grin
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by juman(m): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2011
Arosa:

this mallam Bakare dude is a fake christian, he has exposed himself.  grin

So anybody with different opinion from yours is fake??

Up Pastor Bakare.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Arosa(m): 11:18am On Jul 28, 2011
juman:

So anybody with different opinion from yours is fake??

Up Pastor Bakare.

We don't need an "ex-muslim" now pastor that wanted to be vice president, telling us that Islamic banking is the best for Naija. My problem with Bakare is that I don't know what he is. undecided
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by aljharem(m): 11:22am On Jul 28, 2011
Arosa:

We don't need an "ex-muslim" now pastor that wanted to be vice president, telling us that Islamic banking is the best for Naija. My problem with Bakare is that I don't know what he is. undecided

He is a Christian un-bigoted pastor that does not only do the work of God but sees the business and economic advantage this Islamic banking would give to people most especially small scale business men and women
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by trustidkid: 11:41am On Jul 28, 2011
"this mallam Bakare dude is a fake christian, he has exposed himself."
smiley
My brother is not about been christian a truthful person who mean well for Nigeria and Nigerians "fake"
because he has just showed that majority of Christians does not want to be librated from
this lingering poverty in the land. May be Christians have truly been brain worshiped
by the so called CAN.

It is high time to come to realize the benefit bound in this Islamic banking,  if any1 needs more
clarifications about mode-of-operade of this bank can contact the right people under
than insinuation.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2011
alj harem:

He is a Christian un-bigoted pastor that does not only do the work of God but sees the business and economic advantage this Islamic banking would give to people most especially small scale business men and women

In Onitsha, they deal on liquor, in Makurdi, they deal on Pork! This Islamic bank descrimate against these people. Have you seen the reliogious angle in it?

All Sanusi needed to do was to give the guidelines for Non Interest Banking and Islamic Banking can come under it. It is obvious that the Islamic banks will descrimate people based on their religiuos beliefs. Something is wrong somewhere.

Its just like Sanusi promoting a form of Banking that requires the clients to first accept that Jesus is the Son of God and that He was crucified on the cross and that he rose from the dead and that he is coming back again to judge the earth. What would Moslems say?
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by maclatunji: 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2011
noblezone:

In Onitsha, they deal on liquor, in Makurdi, they deal on Pork! This Islamic bank descrimate against these people. Have you seen the reliogious angle in it?

All Sanusi needed to do was to give the guidelines for Non Interest Banking and Islamic Banking can come under it. THAT IS WHAT HE HAS DONE NOW! WHERE DO YOU SOURCE YOUR OWN INFORMATION FROM, THE BEAR PARLOUR? NO OFFENCE! It is obvious that the Islamic banks will descrimate people based on their religiuos beliefs. Something is wrong somewhere.

Its just like Sanusi promoting a form of Banking that requires the clients to first accept that Jesus is the Son of God and that He was crucified on the cross and that he rose from the dead and that he is coming back again to judge the earth. What would Moslems say?
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by dplordx(m): 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2011
Thats a real man of God. Bold. Not a hypocrite like those animals taking pictures and visiting Yar'adua, getting favors from him yet double speaking. Msscchew
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Arosa(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2011
noblezone:

All Sanusi needed to do was to give the guidelines for Non Interest Banking and Islamic Banking can come under it. It is obvious that the Islamic banks will descrimate people based on their religiuos beliefs. Something is wrong somewhere.

Thanks for that, I was thinking the same.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by maclatunji: 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2011
noblezone:

Its just like Sanusi promoting a form of Banking that requires the clients to first accept that Jesus is the Son of God and that He was crucified on the cross and that he rose from the dead and that he is coming back again to judge the earth. What would Moslems say?  SIMPLE GIVE US OUR OWN ISLAMIC BANK. I thought they said, one messenger will not obstruct the other messenger! That was not difficult to answer, was it? Now, apply that answer to you and your fellow anti-Islamic banking friends and let us move on to better things.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by maclatunji: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2011
Arosa:

Thanks for that, I was thinking the same.

And I am telling you the same: THAT IS WHAT HE HAS DONE NOW! WHERE DO YOU SOURCE YOUR OWN INFORMATION FROM, THE BEAR PARLOUR? NO OFFENCE!
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Myself2(m): 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2011
maclatunji:

Oh don't try to be political here,it makes you appear silly
Tell me that there's nothing fraudulent in a pastor changing his descriptive prefix from pastor to mallam just so he can get a loan from an islamic bank
You are actually the ignorant and gullible one here for not being able to detect afraudulent advocacy
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by redsun(m): 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2011
This kind of talk is what attracted me to Bakare.As much as he dines and wine in a deluded world,he is a realist
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by maclatunji: 8:50am On Jul 29, 2011
Myself2:

Oh don't try to be political here,it makes you appear silly
Tell me that there's nothing fraudulent in a pastor changing his descriptive prefix from pastor to mallam just so he can get a loan from an islamic bank
You are actually the ignorant and gullible one here for not being able to detect afraudulent advocacy

Your brilliance just completely overwhelms me sir wink
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Myself2(m): 9:03am On Jul 30, 2011
maclatunji:

Your brilliance just completely overwhelms me sir wink

Don't mention
I'm used to enlightening less intellectually-endowed earthlings
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by reloboy(m): 9:23am On Jul 30, 2011
wetin dey worry this christain self some of you are just saying nonsense because you do not the meaning of islamic banking (awon olodooo) you guys need to ask your self question are you truly a good kírìyò?
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by rosiggy(m): 9:24am On Jul 30, 2011
To me, Bakare got it all wrong when he partnered with Buhari to run for the presidency, i think dat man has lost his way.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 30, 2011
reloboy:

wetin dey worry this christain self some of you are just saying nonsense because you do not the meaning of islamic banking (awon olodooo) you guys need to ask your self question are you truly a good kírìyò?
Yes we don't understand it because we dont see the reason for it.

As for Bakare, He can choose to take half a pill of cyanide for all i care.
Why do these clowns get to speak and have everyone listen? e.g. Atiku, IBB, BH, Tinubu, the new ACN govs, Rochas, etc. The list is infinitely long.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by forkinsonlolo(m): 9:32am On Jul 30, 2011
Islamic Banking is the best
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Greenpro: 9:42am On Jul 30, 2011
ok

Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 30, 2011
@Arosa. You are right. That man is a fake Christian and a real Muslim. See how radical he is.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Swagahyk(m): 10:04am On Jul 30, 2011
This guy is not from God, can't you see the handwritting on the wall, its obvious. He is working for some unknown forces.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2011
Why is this man(Bakare) confusing everybody?
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by BetaThings: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2011
noblezone:

You think that a bank with pastors as MD and DMD like Stanbic IBTC (yes both are pastors) will lend money to you if you want to set up a gay club?
If they won't why? Won't it be on account of religion
If you cannot finance that pork business from an Islamic bank, you can still go to the conventional banks
No conventional bank will be asked to fold on account of the coming of Islamic bank

Sanusi plans Islamic Banking + Other non-interest banks
The other non-interest banks will finance pork business but will not charge interest; they will share profit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Manufacturing Plant In Ogun / Why Are Prices Of Goods High In Nigeria During Festive Period? / Who Got Dead Or Scrap Batteries For Sale???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.