Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:09 AM

Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital (7429 Views)

Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja / Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business / Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by maclatunji: 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2012
Jaiz Islamic Bank Of Nigeria Plans To Raise More Capital

Jaiz Bank Plc of Nigeria, which provides Shariah-compliant banking services, said it plans to raise 8 billion naira ($49.7 million) to expand its operations.

“We are targeting between the end of July and early August to raise the capital,” Idris Isa, a spokesman for the Abuja- based bank, said today in a phone interview. The funds will be sought through private placement, he said.

Jaiz will increase its branches to 16 from three across Africa’s top oil-producing country to offer non-interest banking services, according to Isa. The existing branches are located in Abuja, the capital, and the northern cities of Kano and Kaduna.

The Central Bank of Nigeria in November issued Islamic banking licenses to Jaiz and Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc (IBTCCB), a unit of South Africa’s Standard Bank Group Ltd.

The West African nation, which is the continent’s most populous with more than 160 million people, is divided almost evenly between a predominantly Muslim north and a mainly Christian south.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/07/07/jaiz-islamic-bank-of-nigeria-plans-to-raise-more-capital/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=jaiz-islamic-bank-of-nigeria-plans-to-raise-more-capital
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by uchlukez(f): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]they want to raise money for Boko haram?
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by lacasa: 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
Excellent

2 Likes

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by ebamma(m): 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2012
i pray the are able to raise the money,because its this kind of bank nigeria needs at the moment,not all this commercial banks who charge insane interest rates on loans.

7 Likes

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by dedeike: 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2012
Please you guys should give some loan to El Rufai so that he can start up a small scale enterprise because he is presently unemployed.

2 Likes

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Inyinese(m): 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2012
we need one here in wara oo in ngaski local gov kebbi state no mind whether boko haram bank or not half bread is better than none as they says.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Basic(m): 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2012
uchlukez: [color=#770077][/color]they want to raise money for Boko haram?
Must your fingers always transmit foolishness from your brain to your keyboard?
Even now that the bank is yet to begin operations, is Boko Haram not being well-funded?
Tell me, what's the correlation between non-interest, ethical banking and BH? Get a brain man!

8 Likes

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by searay(m): 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2012
Now the capital base of Boko haram wiil be expanded
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Everest9(m): 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
better for them
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by tantan: 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2012
i love islamic banking. no interest on loans. this type of banks will realy empower we nigerians. i welcome it.

3 Likes

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Yommykixz(m): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
I'm sure if there was no Boko Haram, some people will stay silent for the rest of their lives.

Even if dem here say dem mama wey get cancer die, na Boko Haram kill am.
Awon didirin oshi!

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by chinaaman(f): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
The bank is only for Muslims so all Christians should give way.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Okukk(m): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2012
Where will this lead us to? Still need more details as to hope this bank will be run

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by jmaine: 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2012
dedeike: [size=14pt]Please you guys should give some loan to El Rufai so that he can start up a small scale enterprise because he is presently unemployed.[/size]

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Tsmooth1(m): 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2012
I knw why they put this story here, so that make them abuse Islam.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by mu2sa2: 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2012
Let's all support this bank.Happily it's a bank for all without discrimination on grounds of ethnicity, region or religion. Although some may be against the idea of a Shariah-complaint bank, but those who hav had the misfortune of borrowing money from the conventional banks will tell how unconscionable they are in charging interest. May the Almighty God guide the management of Jaiz bank.

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2012
D moment it's open in Minna,i will open an account in d bank.Carry go,bank of d future,haters go hug transformer.

3 Likes

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by kunlaxo: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2012
Islamic bank for who?...yea for the mallams in the house given more opportunities for facrook and his colleagues to borrow and save more bribes without interest... free business for these thieves=bankrupt and liquidation that will bring another recapitalisation of....jaddeed.jaid...waheed..farook..facrook..habeed..squizzzz..mishewwwwwww.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Dtwoabbey(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2012
Apart from black berry phone then another bb in town i.e. Boko bank. We will soon see what will be d outcome of a bank without interest in a country like nigeria where corruption is the order of the day. Well, just let me say i dey laugh ooooooooooooooo. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by enujekorjoseph: 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
Buhari, Atiku re Boko haram
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by manny4life(m): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
Let's watch and see, SLS will soon give them $100million for their operation and term it "Short term capital". He's excuse will be he had to shore the bank up so it wouldn't collapse. Give it 2months down the road, you will hear this excuse. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Basic(m): 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2012
chinaaman: The bank is only for Muslims so all Christians should give way.
You are dead wrong! The banking system is for all, so far you'll agree to play by the rules. What many don't understand is that the "Islamic" is just nomenclature, given due to its origin and nothing more. This same system is extant in UK, South Africa etc. Are those ones Islamic countries?

3 Likes

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Basic(m): 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2012
Dtwoabbey: Apart from black berry phone then another bb in town i.e. Boko bank. We will soon see what will be d outcome of a bank without interest in a country like nigeria where corruption is the order of the day. Well, just let me say i dey laugh ooooooooooooooo. Lol.
Even the conventional banks charge monthly fees from customers' accounts. This is one of the ways these banks will get their income. Secondly, of course, they'll delve into other high profit ventures, such as real estate and so on, just like the conventional banks are doing. So, they have a great chance of survival even without charging interest. Haven't they survived for many years in other countries?

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Slizbeat(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2012
Jaiz bank ko, jazz bank ni. So long as it has an islamic license, it shouldnt operate around the south east/south south, period. They tried islamising 9ja 2ru boko bt it wont work, Now they setup a non-interest collecting bank so as to cease our cash after depositing them so we wont be able to buy arms whenever they begin thier senseless killing. Hmm, nice plan but your plan will fail except for some people who just heard "non-interest...." and jumps into it without getting to know its hidden agenda. Well go on, let the wise hear and abstain from it if they like.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by kaiter: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2012
I'm sure if there was no Boko Haram, some people will stay silent for the rest of their lives.
[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by FoRgEteD: 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2012
dedeike: Please you guys should give some loan to El Rufai so that he can start up a small scale enterprise because he is presently unemployed.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by AbuHanifa: 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2012
They made a fatal mistake of not starting their banking system from Lagos.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by lacasa: 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2012
chinaaman: The bank is only for Muslims so all Christians should give way.

Wow! Ђδω dumb of u̶̲̥̅̊​ τ̅o say this

Anϑ yet germany anϑ france all operate Islamic banking system wt a very large customer base who r more of xtians sef cool
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by lacasa: 5:34pm On Jul 07, 2012
enujekorjoseph: Buhari, Atiku re Boko haram

Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥ah n obama too

#dumb post
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by mu2sa2: 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2012
I can see that some people are already jittery about the sure success of Jaiz bank. The success of the bank means triumph of good over evil, because Jaiz bank will deal a telling blow on these devilish conventional banks. How can the economy and by extension the people proper when satanic banks wil lend one million & expect u to pay back 1.3 million plus other uncountable charges.God in Bible & Quran has outlawed usury and interest, and so be it. Let every sane human being in Nigeria support Jaiz bank.

2 Likes

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2012
T-smooth:
I knw why they put this story here, so that make them abuse Islam.
As an Islamic fanatic, please, don't read the thread if you can stand arguments about religion!

1 Like

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital by Elueme: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2012
dedeike: Please you guys should give some loan to El Rufai so that he can start up a small scale enterprise because he is presently unemployed.
Infact Dino Melaye should be included in the loan, so they get engaged with their lives cos we are aware they are already bankrupt from sponsoring falsehood.. LWKMD

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria: Mobile Payments Still Hugely Untapped / Rice Importation Costs Nigeria $2bn Annually- Dangote / Rice Importation In Nigeria To End In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.