Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,043 members, 7,841,954 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Help! Fraudulent Landlord - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! Fraudulent Landlord (446 Views)

Fraudulent Landlord / Nigerian Bags A One-year Jail Term For Operating A Fraudulent Facebook Account / Landlord Caught Having Sex With A Boy In Lagos, Paraded Unclad By Mob (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Fraudulent Landlord by TigerNEJ7(m): 10:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
Please I don’t know the right channel to lodge this complaint. I rented and moved in to my place late last year and I haven’t spent up to a year. Only for the landlord to sell off the place without prior notice or any legal document( quit notice)… And the new owner came and told myself and my neighbors that he wants to build a factory, and so we should start sourcing for another place in one month.. My rent hasn’t expired, I haven’t spent up to a year.. We haven’t been able to reach the former landlord..
I’m scared they may start bringing in their bulldozers to take out the roof over my head in order to frustrate me to move in just a month. No one is talking of refunding me.. I have my receipt and tenancy agreement with me.. But it looks as though that doesn’t matter.. Please where’s the right channel for me to push this further so I’m not cheated?
Re: Help! Fraudulent Landlord by Blaqroman0000: 11:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
That's why it's always good to ask around and aswell make investigations about the building you wanna rent and aswell the landlord...
. Try and trace him sha
Re: Help! Fraudulent Landlord by Kathiroh: 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2022
TigerNEJ7:
Please I don’t know the right channel to lodge this complaint. I rented and moved in to my place late last year and I haven’t spent up to a year. Only for the landlord to sell off the place without prior notice or any legal document( quit notice)… And the new owner came and told myself and my neighbors that he wants to build a factory, and so we should start sourcing for another place in one month.. My rent hasn’t expired, I haven’t spent up to a year.. We haven’t been able to reach the former landlord..
I’m scared they may start bringing in their bulldozers to take out the roof over my head in order to frustrate me to move in just a month. No one is talking of refunding me.. I have my receipt and tenancy agreement with me.. But it looks as though that doesn’t matter.. Please where’s the right channel for me to push this further so I’m not cheated?

Won't be surprised if this happened in Lagos.

You should involve a legal practitioner Asap.
Re: Help! Fraudulent Landlord by TigerNEJ7(m): 4:20am On Jun 29, 2022
Kathiroh:

Won't be surprised if this happened in Lagos.

You should involve a legal practitioner Asap.

Yes Lagos
Re: Help! Fraudulent Landlord by 40fy: 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2022

**Dam!! Everybody's dirty in this God forsaken country!! Where are we gonna start from?? Your fuckin' landlord is no where to be found!!

**Nevertheless, fück the government!!!

(1) (Reply)

Keke Driver Arrested After Failing To Pay Back N3.5m He Squandered At Nightclub / These Triplets Allegedly Lost Their Lives In The Fire That Destroyed A Church / Kidnapped DPO: Terrorists Abduct Ransom Deliverer, Threaten To Kill DPO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.