Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Could They Actually Be Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could They Actually Be Right? (582 Views)

Check Out What The Church Of Satan Said About Jesus Christ.could They Be Right? / Real .mermaid Pictures That Will Convince You They Actually Exist / Are Atheists And Skeptics Just An Angry Bunch Or Are They Actually Realistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could They Actually Be Right? by Rhado: 9:14am On Jun 30, 2022
Many of us are practicing one religion or another just because we were born in a family that shares such belief and because of what we were told and made to believe but the truth is we really don’t know what to really believe or prove our beliefs and believes.
But of a truth, is there truly God anywhere? All the attributes we give to Him do He truly possess them all? Is there truly afterlife? I have so many questions in my head. Have you ever thought may be atheists are actually right. If not for what you’ve been told and made to believe, can you prove your belief with verifiable facts.

You guys maybe saving or destroying a doubting and weary soul.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:41am On Jun 30, 2022
Rhado:
Many of us are practicing one religion or another just because we were born in a family that shares such belief and because of what we were told and made to believe but the truth is we really don’t know what to really believe or prove our beliefs and believes.
But of a truth, is there truly God anywhere? All the attributes we give to Him do He truly possess them all? Is there truly afterlife? I have so many questions in my head. Have you ever thought may be atheists are actually right. If not for what you’ve been told and made to believe, can you prove your belief with verifiable facts.

Are you sincerely asking or you're subtly pushing your opinion to others?

Well if you have any question about faith in God please let's discuss it now, i am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

You're welcome anytime anyday regarding the topic of faith in God! smiley

1 Like

Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Rhado: 9:48am On Jun 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Are you sincerely asking or you're subtly pushing your opinion to others?

Well if you have any question about faith in God please let's discuss it now, i am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

You're welcome anytime anyday regarding the topic of faith in God! smiley

I’m sincerely asking.
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:05am On Jun 30, 2022
Rhado:

I’m sincerely asking.

Well atheists are wrong because they're not thinking intelligently.
God is a spirit being and from all indications man can't cohabit peacefully without wisdom from a higher intelligent being.
So the undeniable evidence of God's existence is the fact that man has turned this planet into a hell through scientific discoveries devoid of godly wisdom. Instead of making the planet more habitable mankind is making it unsafe each time they come up with destructive weapons in their quest for power.

Note what the old book Bible says here:

“From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction.But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die" Genesis 2:16-17

What's that place is saying?

God is telling the first man that he's free to do whatever he likes but he must never think of setting standards for his fellowman that is the meaning of the tree of knowledge of good and evil because by eating of that fruit it means you're trying to prove wiser than others and setting standards among them for what should be termed right or wrong!

This is what has been causing trouble from the beginning until now! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9

So atheists are thinking there's nothing called God since we can't see Him but with the things read in the Bible it's evident that an high intelligent being is behind the wisdom found in that book!

Please leave atheism for the moment and ask your own questions as in what is bothering your mind! smiley

1 Like

Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Rhado: 10:10am On Jun 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well atheists are wrong because they're not thinking intelligently.
God is a spirit being and from all indications man can't cohabit peacefully without wisdom from a higher intelligent being.
So the undeniable evidence of God's existence is the fact that man has turned this planet into a hell through scientific discoveries devoid of godly wisdom. Instead of making the planet more habitable mankind is making it unsafe each time they come up with destructive weapons in their quest for power.

Note what the old book Bible says here:

“From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction.But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die" Genesis 2:16-17

What's that place is saying?

God is telling the first man that he's free to do whatever he likes but he must never think of setting standards for his fellowman that is the meaning of the tree of knowledge of good and evil because by eating of that fruit it means you're trying to prove wiser than others and setting standards among them for what should be termed right or wrong!

This is what has been causing trouble from the beginning until now! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9

So atheists are thinking there's nothing called God since we can't see Him but with the things read in the Bible it's evident that an high intelligent being is behind the wisdom found in that book!

Please leave atheism for the moment and ask your own questions as in what is bothering your mind! smiley

Don’t worry bro, I have a lot of things bothering me and making my soul so weary, hence; my post. I just have to pray, thanks for your contributions.

1 Like

Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:22am On Jun 30, 2022
Rhado:

Don’t worry bro, I have a lot of things bothering me and making my soul so weary, hence; my post. I just have to pray, thanks for your contributions.

I pray you gain more wisdom until then continue to meditate on what God's word says and may the peace of God that surpasses all thoughts guide your mental powers in the name of Jesus Christ! Philippians 4:7

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Wilgrea7(m): 10:54am On Jun 30, 2022
Rhado:

Before i continue, I'd just like to say that atheism is simply the lack of belief in a god... Not necessarily the belief that there is no God. So if an atheist says there is no God, that's probably their personal opinion, and not the general belief held in atheism.

In quest for knowledge about the possible existence of a god, i think it's important to take the questions one at a time.

Is there a God? If by God, you mean supreme creator deity, then the answer is that we don't know. It may not be a comforting answer, but that's as far as we know.

Any other questions on the nature of a god, depends on whether or not you're able to prove it exists.

As far as we can tell, there seems to be a cause for the universe and everything we observe today. Something which caused everything to exist. Most theists call it God.. although I don't understand how they arrived at the conclusion.

Coming to the afterlife, we also don't know. There are many beliefs as to what happens after you die, but there's no tested proof on it. Closest we have is NDEs... But even those have their own issues.

So in summary, we don't know for now. Hopefully one day we will.

2 Likes

Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:07am On Jun 30, 2022
Rhado:

But of a truth, is there truly God anywhere?

When you people ask this kind of .... question, is it that you people are so mad not to see that you have never seen any thing create itself by itself, from nothingness!

Eg. Did a car or a phone or mannequin or mango create itself?
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:19am On Jun 30, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Before i continue, I'd just like to say that atheism is simply the lack of belief in a god...

That is not true. Atheism when tested reveals that it is a complete hatred for for God.

In there is also a refusal to belief.

Till tomorrow, no one goes berserk or crazy about the existence of aliens.

But when a supposed atheist is pressed, they get out of reasonable limits, resorting to lies, avoidance and insults like a person holding onto something he does not want to let go of.

Which will never be done in the case of aliens.
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Wilgrea7(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

When you people ask this kind of .... question, is it that you people are so mad not to see that you have never seen any thing create itself by itself, from nothingness!

Eg. Did a car or a phone or mannequin or mango create itself?

This is the thing i truly, truly do not understand. I don't think any honest person disputes the fact that things came to be at some point in time.

Where we often disagree, is the claim that because something was created, that it was created by a certain X character, with certain characteristics.

Let's take the example of the car. Such a complex structure capable of moving you from place to place. It was obviously created. We agree on that.

But no one claims that it was created by just one person, who had a lot of power. Sure we know this because we have observed a car being made. A number of engineers, designers, and builders worked together to bring it into being.

Now coming to our world. We know it came into being at one point in time. Could it have come from a very powerful being, who singlehandedly created everything? It's certainly possible.

But similarly, it could also have come from the combined efforts of several beings. Maybe 2. Maybe 200. Also certainly possible.

Unlike the car that we've observed being created, none of us observed our world being created. So how exactly can we say for sure, that we know the nature of the cause of our creation?

1 Like

Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Wilgrea7(m): 11:25am On Jun 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That is not true. Atheism when tested reveals that it is a complete hatred for for God.

In there is also a refusal to belief.

Till tomorrow, no one goes berserk or crazy about the existence of aliens.

But when a supposed atheist is pressed, they get out of reasonable limits, resorting to lies, avoidance and insults like a person holding onto something he does not want to let go of.

Which will never be done in the case of aliens.

I don't think i would classify a hatred for god as atheism.. because if you hate someone, you acknowledge their existence. You don't just like the fact that they exist. Am i right?

But then again.. i don't claim to be an atheist.. so I can't speak for them
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I don't think i would classify a hatred for god as atheism.. because if you hate someone, you acknowledge their existence. You don't just like the fact that they exist. Am i right?

Exactly!

Which is why when they fall into those holes, we tell them that there is no thing like atheism.
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2022
Wilgrea7:

This is the thing i truly, truly do not understand. I don't think any honest person disputes the fact that things came to be at some point in time.

When you say came to be, the question that would naturally flow is "can a thing which does not exist, create and make itself?"
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Wilgrea7(m): 11:49am On Jun 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

When you say came to be, the question that would naturally flow is "can a thing which does not exist, create and make itself?"

No. Obviously not. That's why i often say "anything that begins to exist has a cause" rather than "anything that exists has a cause"
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2022
[quote author=Wilgrea7 post=114288638
No. Obviously not..."[/quote]

If you admit that a thing can not create itself, so how does a thing come into existence?
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
If you admit that a thing can not create itself, so how does a thing come into existence?

Anything that begins to exist must have a cause. If something begins to exist, then it must've been caused by something.

Something which existed prior to the creation of the thing in question.

I thought we already agreed on this
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Maynman: 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2022
[quote author=Dtruthspeaker post=114288952][/quote]

Does this apply to your god too, or that logic doesn’t go ?
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Anything that begins to exist must have a cause. If something begins to exist, then it must've been caused by something.

Something which existed prior to the creation of the thing in question.

I thought we already agreed on this

You are still not answering the question. The question is not about "having a cause".

The question is in what way or ways can a thing be brought to existence? Or

Do you know the possible way or ways a thing comes into existence?
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2022
Maynman:

Does this apply to your god too, or that logic doesn’t go ?

Logic does not and cannot go there for it is exactly like your mannequin trying to use the things it knows in its area (plastic, iron, rubber, glass etc) to study you, its creator, man.

And as you can see while plastic, iron, rubber, glass is True for the mannequin, those things are not in the make up and composition of man.

So it is for the man, he can not use himself and his environment, to read His Creator.

1 Like

Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Maynman: 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Logic does not and cannot go there for it is exactly like your mannequin trying to use the things it knows in its area (plastic, iron, rubber, glass etc) to study you, its creator, man.

And as you can see while plastic, iron, rubber, glass is True for the mannequin, those things are not in the make up and composition of man.

So how did the mannequin study to know the English word “god” and what it does? And that it is Yahweh of the shasu tribe. How did the mannequin learn all these? Seems the mannequin has a functioning Brain
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Wilgrea7(m): 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You are still not answering the question. The question is not about "having a cause".

The question is in what way or ways can a thing be brought to existence? Or

Do you know the possible way or ways a thing comes into existence?

Oh... In that case... I don't know
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Oh... In that case... I don't know

Now this is where we would say you are lying for if you are grown up to know the previous answers you gave, then, you know the True Answer to give to this question but this is you refusing to give it.
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2022
Maynman:

So how did the mannequin study to know the English word “god” and what it does? And that it is Yahweh of the shasu tribe. How did the mannequin learn all these? Seems the mannequin has a functioning Brain

O my, I did not think your stupid questionings would arrive so soon.
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Maynman: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

O my, I did not think your stupid questionings would arrive so soon.

Says a dumb theist.

1 Like

Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Wilgrea7(m): 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Now this is where we would say you are lying for if you are grown up to know the previous answers you gave, then, you know the True Answer to give to this question but this is you refusing to give it.

I really do not know. What “true answers" are you expecting me to have known here. If you know, then I'd be happy to hear it.

If I'm not mistaken, you asked me the ways through which things are created. Or am i misinterpreting the question?
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:44pm On Jun 30, 2022
Wilgrea7:

If I'm not mistaken, you asked me the ways through which things are created. Or am i misinterpreting the question?

You heard me right and it is funny how you would claim not to know when even the phone in your hands has shown you the answer. Smh
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You heard me right and it is funny how you would claim not to know when even the phone in your hands has shown you the answer. Smh

I sincerely do not have the mental strength to start guessing stuff right now. I've already said I don't know. What else can I possibly tell you?
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:42am On Jul 01, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I sincerely do not have the mental strength to start guessing stuff right now. I've already said I don't know. What else can I possibly tell you?

The phone in your hand proves what you know to say but you do not want to say, most especially as you are not the one who brought it into existence.

Yet you say you don't know. This is certainly is madness!
Re: Could They Actually Be Right? by Wilgrea7(m): 8:20am On Jul 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The phone in your hand proves what you know to say but you do not want to say, most especially as you are not the one who brought it into existence.

Yet you say you don't know. This is certainly is madness!

You mean the fact that the phone was created?

(1) (Reply)

If Prayer(s) Is Not Effective,why Does Occult Members Avoid It. / THE MOON LANDING NEVER HAPPENED ! / I Bet We Can Find 1000 Prayers From You That Will Change Nigeria-s0 Please Drop Your Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.