Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) (59981 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / The Squirrel We Hunted In My Hometown In Eastern Region (Ghana) / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Streett: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2022
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by TheRollingStone: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2022
Sapa nice one
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by kingmsookwagh(m): 12:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

May God save us all from poverty...

lipsrsealed
couple with the fact that he exposed the scientific name of the termite, you still exhibited ignorance like a cave MAN. Na who God go help? Him or you who needs to be exposed to knowledge.

Because you don't eat it, doesn't mean you should be casting those who do. Culture shock for you, but don't forget the fact that there are stuffs you put in your mouth that are still frowned at by others. Just be objective next time in you thoughts.
Instead you should have googled it and know if it's nutritionally edible.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by UncutSk(m): 12:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
it's not even cheap you dunce I don't even eat it but your write-up is ignorant
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Slurity(m): 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
You surely don't know how much it cost, a tin of peak milk is 750 here in Enugu
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Affable01(m): 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
shocked
Back in the 70's this was best selling. Serves as crayfish

In the 70's I like this cool[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Truvelisback(m): 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
They swarm particularly after a rain storm. undecided
U mean those tiny creatures that flies after a rain storm? hmmmm.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by alizma: 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
Ignorance in itself is poverty, let's start from there.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by majamajic(m): 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed

In 70s we eat this , nothing like poverty here

This insects are not cheap , it's very costly even in 70s
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Streett: 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
KillSars:
Esunsun cheesy grin
I neva chop am b4 but my skills when it comes to catching them is second to none...

Dem suppose gimme award for best in catching esunsun back then
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Flier: 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
Has nothing to do with Sapa,it’s delicious
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kobojunkie: 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
Truvelisback:
U mean those tiny creatures that flies after a rain storm? hmmmm.
These ones aren't tiny at all. Examine closely the picture posted by the OP.. undecided
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Emmanuel909090: 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nice
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:
I wish it can be well packaged and made available for sale in supermarkets. I love it like kilode ! As for those who are shouting "sapa" up and down,you need to understand that some of us who love this highly proteinous insect can actually feed you and your entire households for months without any hassle. Trust me,no be mouth;na aute !

Don't you guys ever get tired?
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Btruth: 12:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
O dun ku! cheesy (it sweet die)
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Truvelisback(m): 12:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
descarado:
Yes. It is
This is what i eat.

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by ALFADOS(m): 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:
Ready
You too much my guy, Looking good but @seun and co, you no try, suspended me for few days now
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Adisa89(m): 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
I see some people replying kids born in the 2000s for criticizing this delicacy. Please don't blame them. Rather forgive them, for they do not know what they're saying.

Lest you don't know, you can find this find this in some supermarkets; it's more nutritious and expensive than your crayfish. grin
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2022
Leelesun in my locality, i've ate it before but now i can't. Test good and rich in protein just be careful not to mix it up with other insects especially a particular green bug that can mess up everything for you.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by ALFADOS(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2022
majamajic:

In 70s we eat this , nothing like poverty here

This insects are not cheap , it's very costly even in 70s
the shawarma of the 90s, if you know! you know
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Adisa89(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2022
Truvelisback:
This is what i eat.
Indomie children will call it maggots.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by descarado: 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2022
Truvelisback:
This is what i eat.
This one is from palm tree and manure. Larva.
I eat it too but I prefer the head. The tail is full of fat. Unless uou remove the fat and fry well.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by descarado: 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
Affable01:
shocked
Back in the 70's this was best selling. Serves as crayfish

In the 70's I like this cool[color=#006600][/color]
Serious?
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by panmunium(m): 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
I remember in the 90s when there was constant light and the street lights were functional, twas fun catching them, no rich no poor, everyone comes out to get this natural product
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2022
Esunsun very delicious cheesy
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by 6ixT8: 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2022
Chinge. Those year for Jos.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2022
Truvelisback:
This is what i eat.
I also love that
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Truvelisback(m): 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
descarado:

This one is from palm tree and manure. Larva.
I eat it too but I prefer the head. The tail is full of fat. Unless uou remove the fat and fry well.
Anyway, Identifying the fly termite is still my issue because of their look alike flying insects.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Riodebla: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
Is very nice and proteineous even ate it last month
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by pek(m): 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
You are talking in the rubbish. I will give anything to eat that.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Truvelisback(m): 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
oke2018:
I also love that
I am missing this food ever since i left the village.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
Taste good with Abacha grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Buys Frozen Meat That Was Produced 15th Of March (Photo) / See Rice Dishes From Other Countries. (pictures) / What Is Moi Moi In English? See Funny Replies From Nigeria Entertainners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.