Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,601 members, 7,816,494 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

My Journey To Getting A Remote Job - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Journey To Getting A Remote Job (4278 Views)

For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. / Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker / Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Savagr(m): 2:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
Yeah,
After a very long time of procrastinating, I've decided to keep tab of this one.
This will serve as a journal on my web development tutorial, mobile app development tutorial and blockchain development.
More details coming.
Mentors
Cc: qtguru
Karleb
Tensazangetsu20

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Savagr(m): 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2022
So
The first step is learning and practicing with w3schools, freecodecamp and YouTube with some additional materials.
The code is to learn, relearn and unlearn.
Today I started reading these additional materials below
It's a great read too.
Thanks to jashub
I'm already enjoying the book too.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by mikebabs101: 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2022
I really wish all you the best , nothing is impossible

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Chrisnrld: 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2022
Savagr:
So
The first step is learning and practicing with w3schools, freecodecamp and YouTube with some additional materials.
The code is to learn, relearn and unlearn.
Today I started reading these additional materials below
It's a great read too.
Thanks to jashub
I'm already enjoying the book too.
how can I get a copy at chrislaollu@gmail.com, thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by encryptjay(m): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2022
Chrisnrld:
Check pdfdrive dot com
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Savagr(m): 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
Chrisnrld:
it's on PDFdrive.com
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2022
Those people way the learn web dev with ebook.... Una the try ooo lol.

That's stone age pattern and one of the easiest way to fall asleep quickly I respect you guys for that.

Or those people way the learn development and be recording some things in a jotter.... It always puzzles me when they can always use stackoverflow and get accustomed to researching.... I see a lot of them in workspaces in Lagos...CCHUB to be precise.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

That's stone age pattern and one of the easiest way to fall asleep quickly I respect you guys for that.

Or those people way the learn development and be recording some things in a jotter.... It always puzzles me when they can always use stackoverflow and get accustomed to researching.... I see a lot of them in workspaces in Lagos...CCHUB to be precise.

Fr, I had to download w3schools offline so it can be easier and faster for me to get things done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Savagr(m): 1:36am On Jul 01, 2022
Back online
Trying every means possible to get myself immensed in knowledge about web development and getting myself a remote job.
I got some night plan for this and I'm downloading some videos with a time range of 1-3 hours.
I pray I don't lose focus and the optimistic spirit.
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Vicky2k(m): 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Nothing like Stone age Pattern bro, Learning can be achieved in many ways. Just follow what works for you. I still take notes in my jotter to make reference when needed. Sure Google and Stack overflow is there but having some diary is not a bad idea. I am currently learning Alx Full Stack Web Development and I take paper notes cos I feel its important to keep track of new stuff o learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Newusername(m): 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2022
Vicky2k:

Nothing like Stone age Pattern bro, Learning can be achieved in many ways. Just follow what works for you. I still take notes in my jotter to make reference when needed. Sure Google and Stack overflow is there but having some diary is not a bad idea. I am currently learning Alx Full Stack Web Development and I take paper notes cos I feel its important to keep track of new stuff o learn.

Help me tell lam o. Everybody get e own learning style, I also take notes and reference just like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by jesmond3945: 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
Yea, taking notes is very okay. Even creating your own cheat sheets to help you remember stuff.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Qinglong(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
I don't have a laptop yet but I've been taking notes when reading through docs or watching videos on mobile. It has been more convenient for me, personally, so I'll also continue with it.

Also, I want to ask what kind of ID these foreign companies accept from Nigerians? Like, is NIN acceptable for them or is it just the usual trio of PVC, driver's license and international passport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by CyberHustle: 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

books are superior to text(online) or videos tutorials. Once you master the art of studying books from chapter to chapter deligently, sky is your starting point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
CyberHustle:
books are superior to text or videos tutorials. Once you master the art of studying books from chapter to chapter deligently, sky is your starting point.

I prefer video tutorials when it comes in learning practical stuff such as programming

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Savagr(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
Qinglong:
I don't have a laptop yet but I've been taking notes when reading through docs or watching videos on mobile. It has been more convenient for me, personally, so I'll also continue with it.

Also, I want to ask what kind of ID these foreign companies accept from Nigerians? Like, is NIN acceptable for them or is it just the usual trio of PVC, driver's license and international passport.
I don't know about all these sir. I'm still a beginner
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Qinglong(m): 10:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
Savagr:
Yeah, maybe someone knowledgeable in the house can help us out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
Savagr:

If you can get driver's license or international passport

Then all companies which appproves or accept Nigerians and require KYC or identification will approve you.

Drivers license and international passport has more prestige than other means of identification in Nigeria, your NIN inclusive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by babasolution: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Then all companies which appproves or accept Nigerians and require KYC or identification will approve you.

Drivers license and international passport has more prestige than other means of identification in Nigeria, your NIN inclusive

How can I get a remote job
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
babasolution:

How can I get a remote job

By applying
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by babasolution: 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

By applying

What web skills or design skills are highly sort after?
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
babasolution:

What web skills or design skills are highly sort after?

All are highly sort after

But supply is more than demand.

follow the njoku.eth way
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by babasolution: 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

All are highly sort after

But supply is more than demand.

follow the njoku.eth way

I don't understand, what you mean,what's the njoku.eth way
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Savagr(m): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Thanks alot Sir
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
babasolution:

I don't understand, what you mean,what's the njoku.eth way

Google about the 19 year old Lazerpay ceo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Savagr(m): 2:14am On Jul 04, 2022
Back to learning
I think I should be dropping some of my projects here
So to let the bosses help with criticism and a better advice grin
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by babasolution: 11:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Google about the 19 year old Lazerpay ceo

What's the way forward here JavaScript node.js or c++
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
babasolution:

I don't reply to such question..... Thanks
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by Savagr(m): 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
still learning
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by terrahostNG: 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2022
babasolution:

Hi sir/ma, If you wanted to go for web development, start with HTML, CSS, then Javascript (in between you will learn frameworks and get used to your favourite).

My little cent though.
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by babasolution: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
terrahostNG:

Hi sir/ma, If you wanted to go for web development, start with HTML, CSS, then Javascript (in between you will learn frameworks and get used to your favourite).

My little cent though.

Am mean blockchain
Re: My Journey To Getting A Remote Job by terrahostNG: 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
babasolution:

Am mean blockchain

Learn Javascript,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let's Develop A Content Management System (CMS) / Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android / Got Another Remote Job Offer In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.