Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) (51064 Views)

Sami Court: ₦115K Per Night Hotel At Abuja Airport / 25 Minutes Blackout At A Nigerian Airport / An Overview Of The 10 Lane Oshodi-Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
Nonexisting:
You couldn't have travelled out of this country and still be supporting Buhari. Never so stop lying to yourself.

grin grin grin you really know how to catch his lies
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by safarigirl(f): 11:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:
I have used both for both international and domestic journeys.

Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport (both int and domestic) is just like a toy when compared with MMIA.

The same MMA wey dem say AC dey leak everywhere?

Same MMA wey the toilets dey messed up?

Same MMA that they extort money from travelers at every point?

Same MMA that won't allow relatives of travelers into the airport to bid their relatives goodbye?

That dump?

The amount of illegality and dilapidation in MMA is woeful. Not one traveler that comes into the country through that airport has ever had a decent thing to say about it, that is how I know you're a liar.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by Obasempiree(m): 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
hedonister:
I visited both the Murtala Mohammed Airport in Lagos and the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport in Abuja to compare and contrast which city has the better airport.

Watch the video below and tell me which airport is better looking and has better facilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjufIBz9_bg

Note that i'm comparing the domestic wing of both airports.
Abuja local airport terminal is very terrible the international is okay. I think on median Lagos airport is way better.
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by adedayoa2(f): 11:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
Ehnnnn, Lagos ni by far.
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by fkj950ax(m): 11:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:
I have used both for both international and domestic journeys.
Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport (both int and domestic) is just like a toy when compared with MMIA.
Honestly
There is no difference between Abuja Airport and those large electronic warehouses in Ladipo.
Very disappointing
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by nedekid: 12:03am On Jul 01, 2022
handsomeyinka:
Let's ask the obedient supporters..

I will rather support mikel obi than Peter Obi.
Oga do as you wish.
Meanwhile, it seems if some people no mention Obi name disparagely once a day, their blokos no go stand. grin
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by Multiplier7(m): 12:11am On Jul 01, 2022
Akwa Ibom International Airport will be the best followed by Ebonyi International Airport!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by WIZGUY69(m): 12:26am On Jul 01, 2022
Been to both a good number of times, Lagos is better abeg. But billing people too much for Lagos airport angry
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by CaptainFM1: 12:37am On Jul 01, 2022
EmekaBlue:
Abuja better

Not insulting anyone o but most people here u dey ask never even enter plane before so dem no know airport like that. Ask of bus stop u go get accurate survey answer.

I've used both. Both local & intn'l. Aesthetically Lagos airport wins. However both are rubbish when compared to several airports I've been to in the world.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by davies(m): 12:53am On Jul 01, 2022
Is that all
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by onuman: 12:57am On Jul 01, 2022
datola:
Lagos. I hate anything that has to do with Abuja, Nigeria's capital city of corruption

Capital city with no industry or notable money spinning Service companies. Any day oil proceeds from the Niger Delta stops flowing to the federal government of Nigeria, Abuja shall be crippled.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by ArewaTech1(m): 12:59am On Jul 01, 2022
I've never been to Lagos, but I have traveled through Abuja both international and domestic wing.

Based on what I saw in Abuja, I'll have to give it to Lagos even though I haven't seen it yet.
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by Quintopia: 1:29am On Jul 01, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
A common train station is more beautiful than this in Dubai, b4 u quote me remember na d oil wey dey get we get...........

USE YOUR DAMN BRAIN. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT ''HAVING OIL''.

UAE has 3 times larger oil and gas reserves than Nigeria, exports DOUBLE of Nigeria's amount per day, and has a population of under 10 million.

So they can afford to build an airport for 5 billion dollars if they want. NIGERIA CANNOT.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by watersideboys: 1:34am On Jul 01, 2022
Nothing spectacular about both
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by ehjeseh88: 1:47am On Jul 01, 2022
see below

Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by thomaspartey: 1:49am On Jul 01, 2022
Quintopia:

USE YOUR DAMN BRAIN. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT ''HAVING OIL''.

UAE has 3 times larger oil and gas reserves than Nigeria, exports DOUBLE of Nigeria's amount per day, and has a population of under 10 million.

So they can afford to build an airport for 5 billion dollars if they want. NIGERIA CANNOT.

So which oil and gas reserves does Germany and Japan have that makes their airports and living standards better than anything we have in Nigeria?

What has the population of Dubai and what they export got to do with Nigeria's inability to provide up to date infrastructure?
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by Ekpekus(m): 1:58am On Jul 01, 2022
Abuja... the airport is organized and the staffs are well behaved. However, their luggage collection area is too small even for international travels
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by Bigfish121(m): 2:08am On Jul 01, 2022
Is it not the same lagos airport that was flooded with water sometime ago?Though I have been to just Abuja airport which is okay to me don't know about lagos airport.
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by SoapQueen(f): 2:09am On Jul 01, 2022
datola:
Lagos. I hate anything that has to do with Abuja, Nigeria's capital city of corruption

Abuja is sleepy, overhyped, and fake as hell. I never really fell in love with the place.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by Ekpekus(m): 2:10am On Jul 01, 2022
mayor1814:
Lagos is like the New York of Nigeria. That special status it has in Nigeria will always be there. MMIA, LAGOS is the best airport in Nigeria and I think it will make top 5 in Africa.
Top 5? Guy even of you nor dey travel, use Google. Top 10 sef, no Nigeria Airport dey.
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by toxtimmy: 2:45am On Jul 01, 2022
Okay...but dem no get the tribalist and ritualist and illetrates (people with lack of common sense) and thieves and etc but most especially dem no get people that go to church/mosque every day and carry bible/koran like nigerians.

Remember they are not black too.

oluseyiforjesus:
A common train station is more beautiful than this in Dubai, b4 u quote me remember na d oil wey dey get we get...........
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by truthfinder319: 3:07am On Jul 01, 2022
Have you ever used either before? Or any airport ever before ? Just an innocent question

Tb222:
How can you compare an airport where agbero boys are collecting loading and offloading fees from airlines at #50 per passenger with the standardized airport at the center of unity, op be very careful ooh.
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by miketayo(m): 3:43am On Jul 01, 2022
Lagos own is a bigger thrash, abuja is a smaller thrash. Thrash is still thrash
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by miketayo(m): 3:45am On Jul 01, 2022
mayor1814:
Lagos is like the New York of Nigeria. That special status it has in Nigeria will always be there. MMIA, LAGOS is the best airport in Nigeria and I think it will make top 5 in Africa.

Top what?? You obviously haven't left your street .. I will be surprised if its top 10
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:21am On Jul 01, 2022
thomaspartey:

So which oil and gas reserves does Germany and Japan have that makes their airports and living standards better than anything we have in Nigeria?

What has the population of Dubai and what they export got to do with Nigeria's inability to provide up to date infrastructure?
Help me ask that creature ooo....

He Making useless excuse to justify failure.

I think something must be wrong or missen in naija leaders brain that they don't want or desire up to date infrastructure.
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 01, 2022
Though, I have not gone through your observations at the Airports and the pictures taken, I was only attracted by the topic. I think it is childish and irrational trying to compare two Airports located in two different locations built under different political situations and environments.

One is a Cashcow, while the other is political. One is supposed to be a Regional Aviation Hub while the other is a National Airport. One can conveniently be privatised as it is done in Civilized countries while the other may not be profitable to private organizations.

Several years ago, arriving at Oliver Tambo Airport, SA, It was as if I was coming from a remote local Village to a big developed city. MMA was like a local remote village, while Oliver Tambo was like a big developed city. To worsened the matter, the President (Obasanjo) that was supposed to redesign (Urbanization Project) MMA was busy fighting Lagos, he said Lagos is a 'discrete jungle and only insane people are fit to live in Lagos'.

We should rather compare our Airports with Airports abroad serving as regional aviation hubs. Presently, we don't have Airports designed to meet regional hub standard. What is done in Nigeria is bad politics, petty jealousy and corruption. If 10 metres of land is developed at Lagos Airport, the next is to give instructions for 100 kilometers of land to be developed at Abuja without business case study for profitability.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by Mtmike(m): 5:52am On Jul 01, 2022
Enter both toilets, you will know the difference, Abuja airport stinks. Lagos airport is trash too compared to other African countries airport
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 01, 2022
Mtmike:
Enter both toilets, you will know the difference, Abuja airport stinks. Lagos airport is trash too compared to other African countries airport

Apart from SA, Cairo which other Airport in Africa has more International and local traffic than MMA? I am sure despite tourism, Jomo Kenyatta (Kenya) or the Airport at Addis does not have much traffic (local & international) as MMA. That is the story of MMA. Just a Cashcow, nothing. To give it to an International Airport management company would be difficult for them because of government and aviation Union. That is where they are making money.
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by ruggedtimi(m): 7:11am On Jul 01, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
we should stop using only Dubai as reference. South Africa here self Lagos / Abuja airport no reach.
There was a documentary on aljazeera about Lagos airport fews years ago....tagged the worst airport in the world. Light go inside Lagos airport
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by uniquetechng: 7:49am On Jul 01, 2022
mayor1814:
Hahahaha dont make me laugh, we dont have airports in Nigeria, go to ordinary South Africa then you will realise that what we have here are just glorified malls .
Re: Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) by KingAzubuike(f): 7:49am On Jul 01, 2022
EmekaBlue:
Abuja better

Not insulting anyone o but most people here u dey ask never even enter plane before so dem no know airport like that. Ask of bus stop u go get accurate survey answer.
Lagos airport is miles ahead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is No One Talking About This In Nigeria / Photos From Oshodi Bus Terminal Newly Opened / This Is The Beautiful Kaduna City (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.