Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

How To Set And Achieve Your Goals - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Set And Achieve Your Goals (230 Views)

4 Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals Faster As A Nigerian / 9 Strategic Ways To Set And Achieve Your Goals / How To Achieve Your Financial Goals With A Single Income Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Set And Achieve Your Goals by EmmanuelAsaolu(m): 2:23am On Jul 01, 2022
Before we go into how to set goals, it’s important to know why you should set goals.

Honestly I don’t know about you but here are 3 reasons why I set goals.

1. To avoid being confused and overwhelmed.
2. To have a level of focus hence getting more results.
3. To avoid being over ambitious.

I’ll tell you why Once upon a time I wanted to make 500k+ every month,buy a car,buy a house and lands.

When I didn’t even have a business or anything giving me money,omo,I just knew I wanted money

It wasn’t a bad or impossible goal actuallybut they were not Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant or Time based.So let’s just say they weren’t SMART,you got the point right

After crying myself to sleep most nights because I taught I was a failure,I was confused and didn’t know where to start from.

So guess what,I attended an event and one of the speakers talked about the ways to rev up in setting and crushing your goals which I’m about to share with you.

1.Do a brain dump: Write down whatever you want to achieve in a piece of paper or preferably a journal. Like,empty your head
Mine: Buying a house,land and car. Making 500k+ monthly.

2. Categorize them into the following:

*Fun- Here you write down your travel,exortic trips,cars,spa treatments etc goals like I want to travel to dubia,I want to drive a Mercedes Benz (just like me)...you know stuffs like that.Just write them down.

*Family: Write down goals you want to achieve around your family.
Example: I want to send my siblings to the best university.

*Health: Write down your fitness goals.Examples: I want to loose belly fat or I want to become slimmer or I want to become a vegetarian etc.

*Faith: Here you write your spiritual goals.Examples: I want to become closer to God, I want to study my Bible more.

*Finance: Here you write down your business goals.
Mine: I wanted to make 500k+ plus monthly.

3. Prioritize them: You arrange your goals in order of importance. This part is self explanatory

4.Ask WHY: Ask yourself why countless times why you want to achieve these goals cause it gives you more focus even if everything is going down.

Whatever you’re doing will make make more meaning to you and you’ll have clearer goals.So your WHY is your fuel when when achieving your goals.

5.Set smaller goals: Now you have prioritized your goals and they are clearer to you , now you have to set smaller goals. Setting smaller goals is like climbing a ladder without missing any step. I love giving examples so let’s use myself now.

For example: I want to make 500k plus monthly so in order to make this is money I needed to start a business or learn a skill (this is where affiliate marketing came into my life❤️)

I also needed to learn about it, Master it and the skills involved and Monetize.

Learning- I bought a course and read books
Mastering- I started implementing what I have learnt.

So you see my goal went from making 500k and buying a land to reading books and implementing what I learn.

When setting goals
K- Keep
I- It
S- Simple
S- Stupid

To set goals and achieve them
1. Identify the ultimate exaggerated goals and establish a strong WHY.

2. Categorize them and Identify what you need to start Achieving that goal.

3. Set small goals based on what you identified in step 2.

To crush the ultimate goal,you have a list of small goals to crush (no matter how little)

But the most important is Time.
Time is money! Everybody knows that deadlines are what makes most people switch to action.

So install or have deadlines and go after them.
Keep the timeline realistic and flexible,that way you can keep morale high

Being too strict on the timely aspect of your goal setting can have the perverse effect of making the learning path of achieving your goals into a hellish race against time-which is most likely not how you want to achieve anything.

Set S.M.A.R.T goals- you remember what it means right

GOOD LUCK✅

If you find this post helpful let me know in the comment section☺️

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Career Option After 10th? / (NYSC) Should I Redeploy Back To Anambra Or Remain In Ogun State. / Most Demanded Skilled Personnel In Offshore/onshore Oil &gas Production Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.