Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,244 members, 7,846,146 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says (408 Views)

180 Russian Soldiers Surrendered To The Wagnerites. / Bernie Sanders Drops Out Of The Presidential Race / Bernie Sanders, US President In Waiting - Mr Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says by Teaser4(m): 8:59am On Jul 01, 2022
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy should have surrendered to Russia, former F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has said.

Speaking to Piers Morgan on TalkTV, Ecclestone said the Ukrainian president "could have stopped it himself". He continued: "If this had happened and I was there and I wanted to protect my people, I'd have got hold of Putin and said, 'listen, we've got to stop this'."

Questioned by Morgan on whether he would have surrendered, Ecclestone replied: "I'd have found a very dignified way to do that because that's probably what will have to happen anyway. "To end this they should talk to each other... about what's happening."

Ecclestone also repeated his criticisms of Mr Zelenskyy, claiming the Ukrainian president was after "publicity".

He added: "He's looking for a bit of publicity, nobody had ever heard of him before.

"Now he's talking to the press and the United States and everybody else.

"And not just talking to them, making sure he's speaking to them when it's being televised and broadcast worldwide."

Earlier today, the former F1 boss defended Vladimir Putin over the war in Ukraine and said he would "take a bullet" for the Russian president.

Appearing on ITV's Good Morning Britain, Ecclestone described the Russian leader as a "first-class person" and appeared to downplay his invasion of Ukraine.

"What he's doing is something that he believed was the right thing he was doing for Russia," he said.

"Unfortunately, he's like a lot of business people, certainly like me, we make mistakes from time to time.

"I'd still take a bullet for him. I'd rather it didn't hurt, but if it does I'd still take a bullet, because he's a first-class person."

Ecclestone added that the war could have been averted if Ukraine's president made "a big enough effort" to speak to Mr Putin.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-news-live-zelenskyy-kremenchuk-putin-12541713

2 Likes

Re: Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says by LoneWolf212: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2022
Not too late to do the needful, for peace to reign.

2 Likes

Re: Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says by Hanibbal(m): 9:03am On Jul 01, 2022
"Ecclestone also repeated his criticisms of Mr Zelenskyy, claiming the Ukrainian president was after "publicity".

He added: "He's looking for a bit of publicity, nobody had ever heard of him before.

"Now he's talking to the press and the United States and everybody else."

Very apt. Honestly Zelensky has prioritised publicity over the lives of his people. What has he gained so far? Weapons is all he keeps asking for till now. SHM.

6 Likes

Re: Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:16am On Jul 01, 2022
The amount of money zelenesky is making because of this war will settle his generation for life

I pity Ukraine citizens that die for nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says by DerrickzB: 11:20am On Jul 01, 2022
Questioned by Morgan on whether he would have surrendered, Ecclestone replied: "I'd have found a very dignified way to do that because that's probably what will have to happen anyway. "To end this they should talk to each other... about what's happening."

This man is more reasonable than the entire NATO countries leaders, Their nairaland apologist and the entire Ukrainian government!!

Either by peace or by war, the liberation would have taken place!! Rather than sacrifice thousands of your men and your industrial hubs, why not go for peace?? SMH

6 Likes

Re: Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says by joyandfaith: 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2022
Annexed crimea in 2014. -i wanted peace.
Grabbing Donbas in 2022- What should Ukraine do?
I believe Ukrainians know implications of fighting RA. They know what they are fighting for.
Femi Adesina is right then that southerners should give their lands for fulani herdsmen to prevent killingd.
The point is that monsters can never be appeased. They would always ask for more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says by Dvdpity: 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2022
joyandfaith:
Annexed crimea in 2014. -i wanted peace.
Grabbing Donbas in 2022- What should Ukraine do?
I believe Ukrainians know implications of fighting RA. They know what they are fighting for.
Femi Adesina is right then that southerners should give their lands for fulani herdsmen to prevent killingd.
The point is that monsters can never be appeased. They would always ask for more.
Those lands where never Ukrainian lands. They were russian lands given to Ukraine by russian ruler's. Go and read history. Ukraine was just a small enclosed lands. All the lands Ukraine is claiming was added to it by russians.

3 Likes

Re: Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says by Teaser4(m): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2022
Dvdpity:

Those lands where never Ukrainian lands. They were russian lands given to Ukraine by russian ruler's. Go and read history. Ukraine was just a small enclosed lands. All the lands Ukraine is claiming was added to it by russians.
don’t mind those western slaves…. Most of em are clueless asf

1 Like

Re: Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says by seunny4lif(m): 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
Ukraine claims Russia has bombed Snake Island.

2 Likes

Re: Zelenskyy Should Have Surrendered To Russia, Bernie Ecclestone Says by joyandfaith: 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2022
Dvdpity:

It is not true. Understand Russification of minorities in Russia empire. Do you know USSR expelled crimea tartars from Crimea region in 40s and repopulated the region with native Russians. Go and read history of Donbas region in 19th century.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Germany Blocks Multibillion-dollar Aid To Kyiv From The EU - Kyiv Reacts / Russia: Kiev Is Preparing Provocation Against Civilians - Operation Northwoods? / Ukraine War: South Africa Refuses To Seize Sanctioned Russian Superyacht

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.