Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Zenith Bank's Inhumanity To Man - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zenith Bank's Inhumanity To Man (1232 Views)

Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Zenith Bank Sacks Marketers & Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank's Inhumanity To Man by jemilah: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
As u read this post zenithbank would have disengaged the system administrators that have work for them tirelessly all these years. This is injustice and inhumanity to man. These system administrators (Close to 400 of them) were just given letters that their services will no longer be needed, without any just course.

I want you to use your good medium to let people know about this great disservice to our nation. These same system administrators have been the ones manning and controlling their branches's IT supports for years.
In this era where the government is trying to eradicate poverty, zenithbank is sending over 350 of its staff to labour market, this is terrible.

Please help us take this development seriously
Re: Zenith Bank's Inhumanity To Man by Jarus(m): 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2011
Career, not Politics pls. Thread moved.
Re: Zenith Bank's Inhumanity To Man by Osama10(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2011
Are they employing new staff to replace these ones or what?
Re: Zenith Bank's Inhumanity To Man by buy1get2(m): 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2011
no liquid cash in Bank again , banks are sick and they are dying everyday. They have HIV later it will AID it is only masses that can cure them by pumping money back to their shares ,so 1 person can take all the money to abroad GBAM
Re: Zenith Bank's Inhumanity To Man by tollu: 6:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
Una ndo o.

Nobody can pressurise the bank into employing people it does not need. At the risk of sounding heartless, I do not see this action (with the information provided thus far) as injustice or inhumanity.

What if their services are truly no longer needed?

What are the terms of disengagement?

What is the severance package like?

Is it only the system administrators that were targeted?

From the feelers on ground, why were they fired? (Forget official memo)
Re: Zenith Bank's Inhumanity To Man by alphykool(m): 11:44am On Jul 26, 2011
Hi there,
Zenith Bank is a private organization with the sole aim of making profit and remain in business. So, how they go about reducing expenses varies, and one of them is downsizing of staff. When a company is downsizing, they don't really consider how long you may have put in. Why Zenith Bank embark on reduction of its workforce is what I don't know, and the process it went through it. However,this is one several possible ways of improving profitability or reduce costs, reduce layers of management to increase decision making speed and get closer to the customer, sharpen focus on core competencies of the firm, and outsource peripheral activities, and generate positive reactions from shareholders in order to improve valuation of stock price and increase productivity. These might be reasons for downsizing of staff.

Meanwhile, no one will feel differently from how those affected are feeling right now. Like, I will say, you really have to take heart and see what you could do differently this time. Every organization is like an individuals, and you have to try all you can to sustain yourself. If you're affected, plaese, do accept my sympathy. And have it at the back of your mind, that is not the end of the road for you. Try to look at it in the spiritual angle. However, name you call Zenith never changes things, we must face the reality sometimes. That is policy for you. You're today worse off because of the lay-off, meanwhile, the stakeholders of the bank will be smiling because this is one of the ways to increase productivity. Do take control of the situation!
Thank U!
Alphykool
www.ejobsearchtalk.com

(1) (Reply)

Any Latest News On Nbs/nafdac / How Much Uba Pay Their Fresh Graduate? / Access Bank Promotes Contract Staffs Over 10 Years. First Bank About To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.