Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 (7158 Views)

21 Churches Destroyed, Burnt In Pakistan Over Blasphemy Under 2 Days / Pastor Chidi Eke Dies While Fasting For 40 Days In Imo / God Is Not 3 Persons-jpr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
Why do we keep saying that Christ was in the grave for 3 days? Friday evening to Sunday morning is actually less than 2 days.
How come we keep getting this wrong.
If I travel on Friday and return on Sunday, did I travel for 2 days or 3 days?
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Maynman: 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
Judas of Galilee aka Jesus Chrestus spent 3 days at the tomb before his zealous followers came to take him and falsely claim resurrection

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by bewla(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Why grave when actually it's a tomb
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:
Why do we keep saying that Christ was in the grave for 3 days? Friday evening to Sunday morning is actually less than 2 days.

I thought I told you before. Genesis 1
and other scripture shows you that God starts counting a day from the evening to the morning and not morning and evening as the world has taught everyone to count.

So Friday starts from Thursday evening to Friday afternoon. (Day 1) Saturday starts Friday evening to Saturday afternoon (Day 2) and Sunday starts Saturday evening to Sunday afternoon (Day 3)

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I thought I told you before. Genesis 1
and other scripture shows you that God starts counting a day from the evening to the morning and not morning and evening as the world has taught everyone to count.

So Friday starts from Thursday evening to Friday afternoon. (Day 1) Saturday starts Friday evening to Saturday afternoon (Day 2) and Sunday starts Saturday evening to Sunday afternoon (Day 3)
Sorry to say, but this doesn't make sense.
Even If Friday begins on Thursday evening. Jesus rose on Sunday morn. So from your calculation, that would be still Saturday.
Matthew 28.1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:
Sorry to say, but this doesn't make sense.
Even If Friday begins on Thursday evening. Jesus rose on Sunday morn. So from your calculation, that would be still Saturday. L
Matthew 28.1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

Is Sunday not the first day of the week?

Is Friday evening to Saturday afternoon not the Sabbath day?

And it is written, He Rose on the 3rd Day and not on the 4th day.
1 Corinthians 15:4

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by NNTR: 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:

John 19:31
It was the day of preparation, and the Jewish leaders didn’t want the bodies hanging there the next day, which was the Sabbath
(and a very special Sabbath, because it was Passover week).
So they asked Pilate to hasten their deaths by ordering that their legs be broken. Then their bodies could be taken down.

It is because Jesus was hanged on the cross by 9:00am on Thursday, died by 3:00pm same Thursday day and was buried, again, on same Thursday day before sundown. Another biblical fact worth noting is that the Jewish day begins and ends at sundown, as in, sundown, is the time in the evening when the sun disappears or daylight fades.

Going on the authority of John 19:31 above, the biblical fact, reveals that the Last Supper occurred on Wednesday, never a Thursday, and so clearly shows that Jesus Christ, in fact, was crucified on Thursday, and never a Friday.

Here's how it looks:
1. Thursday day to Thursday night:
Jesus was on the cross by 9:00am, died by 3:00pm and off the cross before sundown so Day 1
The Jewish day starts at sundown or nightfall of the previous evening, and continues throughout the night and following day, until the next night.
2. Friday morning to Friday night day:
Night 1 and Day 2
3. Saturday morning to Saturday night:
Night 2 and Day 3
4. Sunday morning:
Night 3
Resurrection morning (i.e. Jesus rosed after sundown, before sunrise of Day 4)

Remember that night, always comes before the day, and hence you have the required 3 Days and 3 Nights in the grave

cc Dtruthspeaker
Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
NNTR:

It was the day of preparation, and the Jewish leaders didn’t want the bodies hanging there the next day, which was the Sabbath
So they asked Pilate to hasten their deaths by ordering that their legs be broken. Then their bodies could be taken down.

It is because Jesus was hanged on the cross by 9:00am on Thursday, died by 3:00pm same Thursday day and was buried, again, on same Thursday day before sundown. Another biblical fact worth noting is that the Jewish day begins and ends at sundown, as in, sundown, is the time in the evening when the sun disappears or daylight fades.

Going on the authority of John 19:31 above, the biblical fact, reveals that the Last Supper occurred on Wednesday, never a Thursday, and so clearly shows that Jesus Christ, in fact, was crucified on Thursday, and never a Friday.

Here's how it looks:
Jesus was on the cross by 9:00am, died by 3:00pm and off the cross before sundown so 1 day and 1 night
The Jewish day starts at sundown or nightfall of the previous evening, and continues throughout the night and following day, until the next night.
1 day and 1 night
1 day and 1 night (i.e. Jesus rosed before sunrise)
4. Sunday morning:
Resurrection morning

cc Dtruthspeaker
Jesus was killed on Friday evening and rose on Sunday morning. Pls what are you calculating?
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Is Sunday not the first day of the week?

Is Friday evening to Saturday afternoon not the Sabbath day?

And it is written, He Rose on the 3rd Day and not on the 4th day.
He died on Friday Afternoon and woke on Sunday morning, That's actually one and half days.
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
NNTR:

Here's how it looks:
Jesus was on the cross by 9:00am, died by 3:00pm and off the cross before sundown so 1 day and 1 night
1 day and 1 night
1 day and 1 night (i.e. Jesus rosed before sunrise)
4. Sunday morning:
Resurrection morning

cc Dtruthspeaker

Last Supper took place on the first day of the week which is Sunday "1st day of the feast of unleavened bread" Mathew 26:17

And the feast runs for a week Exodus 13:7 (Another Example of Jesus Christ obeying and keeping The Commandments yet people are teaching people that The Commandment is abolished)

So, You did not compute His Unlawful Arrest, His pre-Trial, His travel time for trial between high priest and Pilate back to priest then His torture from the soldiers before being led to His Murder.
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by NNTR: 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:
Jesus was killed on Friday evening and rose on Sunday morning. Pls what are you calculating?
You can remain in your echo chamber believing that nonsense, however I'll ask you a simple question, please tell me what day of the week did Jesus have the Last Supper?

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
NNTR:
You can remain in your echo chamber believing that nonsense, however I'll ask you a simple question, please tell me what day of the week did Jesus have the Last Supper?

Are you here to insult?
The last supper was on Thursday and Christ died on Friday, What is your point?
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by NNTR: 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Last Supper took place on the first day of the week which is Sunday "1st day of the feast of unleavened bread" Mathew 26:17

And the feast runs for a week Exodus 13:7 (Another Example of Jesus Christ obeying and keeping The Commandments yet people are teaching people that The Commandment is abolished)

So, You did not compute His Unlawful Arrest, His pre-Trial, His travel time for trial between high priest and Pilate back to priest then His torture from the soldiers before being led to His Murder.
shocked shocked shocked
Smh cant believe, you say that Jesus had the Last Supper on Sunday

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by NNTR: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:
Are you here to insult?
The last supper was on Thursday and Christ died on Friday, What is your point?
You are quick to feel you are insulted.

I am not giving you any more of my valuable and precious time, so please dont mention me again and that dont quote me or any post I've made on this thread.

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:

He died on Friday afternoon and woke on Sunday morning, That's actually one and half days.

The Bible has already shown how it should be counted so you have nothing to say

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

What are you even saying. Someone died at 3 pm on Friday and you don't know how to count?
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 4:15pm On Jul 03, 2022
NNTR:
You are quick to feel you are insulted.

I am not giving you any more of my valuable and precious time, so please dont mention me again and that dont quote me or any post I've made on this thread.

You actually think you are important. Funny you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:
What are you even saying. Someone died at 3 pm on Friday and you don't know how to count?

Bite me all you want, the Bible clearly shows how a day is Computed by God. So your count is shit.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Bite me all you want, the Bible clearly shows how a day is Computed by God.
I am not ready to bite you, sir. The bible never says 1 and half days magically became 3 days. I guess it's all in your head.
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by NNTR: 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Genesis 1:5
'And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
And the evening and the morning were the first day.
'

People sheepishly believe what the Church establishment said, and hadnt 2 Timothy 2:15 method, even Berean style, search nor read the scriptures properly to understand how Jewish day and night begins.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Bite me all you want, the Bible clearly shows how a day is Computed by God.
Jesus Christ died at 3 pm Friday and rose by dawn on Sunday. That's less than 2 days so how did the bible make it 3 days?
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:
I am not ready to bite you, sir. The bible never says 1 and half days magically became 3 days. I guess it's all in your head.

The Bible clearly shows us it counted the 3 Days and you are supposed to count by it it's way.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2022
NNTR:
'

People sheepishly believe what the Church establishment said, and hadnt 2 Timothy 2:15 method, even Berean style, search nor read the scriptures properly to understand how Jewish day and night begins.

. Look at your wisdom? If the evening and morning were a day, then from Friday evening to Saturday morning is the first day, and Saturday evening to Sunday morning is day 2. Stop deceiving yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The Bible clearly shows us it counted the 3 Days and you are supposed to count by it it's way.
Even counting the bible way gives you 2 days, not 3.
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 4:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
NNTR:
'

Daniel 7:25 shows us that the-evilshave changed the times and Laws therefore people are deceived.
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:
Even counting the bible way gives you 2 days, not 3.

That is why 1 Corinthians 15:4 clearly said "He Rose up on the 3rd Day.
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by tctrills: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

1 Corinthians 15:4 "He Rose up on the 3rd Day.
The evening and the Morning make a day.
Friday evening to Saturday morning - Day one
Saturday evening to Sunday morning, Day 2
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
NNTR:
shocked shocked shocked
Smh cant believe, you say that Jesus had the Last Supper on Sunday

You are just making me repeat myself. When is the 1st Day of the feast of Unleavened Bread according to Matthew 26:17?

How long is this feast?

When does it end?

If it ends on a Sabbath, how can 7 days run from maybe a Wednesday to end on the Saturday?

Can 7days from Wednesday end on Saturday?
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
tctrills:

The evening and the Morning make a day.
Friday evening to Saturday morning - Day one
Saturday evening to Sunday morning, Day 2

"Friday evening" is Saturday. So you have thrown away the day He died which is Friday. "Friday afternoon"
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by NNTR: 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
'

This is part of reason, why earlier above, I provided Genesis 1:5 repeated again here, as proof.

Dtruthspeaker:
That is why 1 Corinthians 15:4 clearly said "He Rose up on the 3rd Day.
'and that He was buried, and that He was [bodily] raised on the third day
according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold],
'

Matthew 12:40
'For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish,
so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
'

The 13th of Nisan, Tuesday evening, becomes 14th of Nisan the day of passover and Jesus was captured in the night, to then be crucified on the Passover day, 14th of Nisan Thursday afternoon and buried because the next day Friday, was a High Sabbath (i.e. feast of Unleaved bread and the Jews didn't want bodies to be on the cross on this day)

Dtruthspeaker:
You are just making me repeat myself. When is the 1st Day of the feast of Unleavened Bread according to Matthew 26:17?

How long is this feast?

When does it end?

If it ends on a Sabbath, how can 7 days run from maybe a Wednesday to end on the Saturday?

Can 7days from Wednesday end on Saturday?
You're mixing up the High Sabbath with the regular and normal weekly Sabbath.

Jesus rose after the third day, which is after the regular and weekly normal Sabbath day.

Dtruthspeaker:
"Friday evening" is Saturday. So you have thrown away the day He died which is Friday.
Now please tell me, which Sabbath, are we talking off here, that will give exactly 72 hours to when Jesus resurrected from being dead?

Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by Dtruthspeaker: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
NNTR:

Now please tell me, which Sabbath, are we talking off here, that will give exactly 72 hours to when Jesus resurrected from being dead?

Jesus rose after the Sabbath. Precisely on the first day after the Sabbath and the first day of the week. Mathew 28:1
Re: Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 by NNTR: 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
NNTR:
'

This is part of reason, why earlier above, I provided Genesis 1:5 repeated again here, as proof.

'and that He was buried, and that He was [bodily] raised on the third day
according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold],
'

Matthew 12:40
'For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish,
so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
'

The 13th of Nisan, Tuesday evening, becomes 14th of Nisan the day of passover and Jesus was captured in the night, to then be crucified on the Passover day, 14th of Nisan Thursday afternoon and buried because the next day Friday, was a High Sabbath (i.e. feast of Unleaved bread and the Jews didn't want bodies to be on the cross on this day)

You're mixing up the High Sabbath with the regular and normal weekly Sabbath.

Jesus rose after the third day, which is after the regular and weekly normal Sabbath day.

Dtruthspeaker:
Jesus rose after the Sabbath. Precisely on the first day after the Sabbath and the first day of the week. Mathew 28:1
John 11:9
'Jesus answered,
“Are there not twelve hours of daylight?

Anyone who walks in the daytime will not stumble, for they see by this world’s light.
'

Of course, Jesus rose after the Sabbath, precisely on the first day after the Sabbath (i.e. which is the weekly and regular Sabbath) and the first day of the week, as per Mathew 28:1, but you havent answered the question nah.

Starting backwards, from the first day of the week, as quoted in Mathew 28:1, that Jesus rose after the Sabbath, give details how the 72 hours of being dead, were reached.

Jesus, as seen, from John 11:9 above, obviously understands, what the length of a day or the length of a night is, so lets see, by means of your mathematics, how you have Friday to Sunday make 72 hours grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor / 9 Ways To Watch The RCCG Annual Convention 2013 Live From Home / The Devil Never Rests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.