Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast (6004 Views)

Soldiers Humiliate Civilians At Fatgbems Filling Station,Mile 2,Lagos(Photos) / Parents At GSS Abuja School Gate To Pick Kids After Bomb Scare (Photo) / New Video Shows Boko Haram Shooting Civilians At School Dormitory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Seun(m): 4:56am On Jul 26, 2011
Nigeria security forces in random killing following bomb blast

The Nigerian authorities must immediately put a stop to unlawful killings by security forces, Amnesty International said today after at least 23 people were killed by police following a bomb blast on Saturday in the north-eastern city of Maiduguri.

The bomb, allegedly set off by the Islamist group Boko Haram, went off in the Budum market in central Maiduguri and injured three soldiers. According to reports received by Amnesty International, the Nigerian Joint Military Task Force (JTF) responded by shooting and killing a number of people, apparently at random, before burning down the market.

“President Goodluck Jonathan must get a grip on the Nigerian armed forces and immediately prevent them from carrying out further human rights violations and unlawful killings,” said Tawanda Hondora, Amnesty International’s Deputy Director for Africa.

“The government must now investigate these heinous crimes and put on trial those found to be responsible for the killings. Allowing troops to go on the rampage will not bring to justice those who carry out these terrible bomb attacks on civilians,” he said.

“While staying within the law, the government must step up efforts to bring to justice members of Boko Haram who wreck untold suffering on people in the middle belt.”

One wing of Boko Haram has reportedly disowned the bomb blast, saying it may have been carried out by a splinter group.

The JTF was set up by the federal government in June 2011 to restore order in Borno state. In recent months, Amnesty International has received numerous reports that security forces in Borno state have resorted to unlawful killings, dragnet arrests, arbitrary and unlawful detentions, extortion, and intimidation.

One human rights defender told Amnesty International “Soldiers went on the rampage. They shot several people and burned all their shops and properties and burned their cars.”

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/nigeria-security-forces-random-killing-following-bomb-blast-2011-07-25
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by aljharem(m): 4:58am On Jul 26, 2011
when this was done in the niger delta, Mr president immediately stopped them. Now it is borno he has reasons to wait

rubbish. angry angry angry angry angry see my people dying angry angry angry Allah punish those soldiers a thousand times
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 26, 2011
mr. man, you should direct your blame to your boko haram brothers.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Freewilly(f): 5:07am On Jul 26, 2011
where was the outrage when the freaking stinking awusa brothers were killing innocent women and children in the thousands in Biafra.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by aljharem(m): 5:07am On Jul 26, 2011
rafhell:

mr. man, you should direct your blame to your boko haram brothers.

Mr man as well, i think it is unfair that the Mr president did not find reason to send soldiers to ND but to borno. He needs to inform his men that not all borno residents are BH and as such and not go around kill everyone.  angry angry
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by naijaking1: 5:07am On Jul 26, 2011
Collateral damage.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by NegroNtns(m): 5:09am On Jul 26, 2011
Bad management! Something is about to go down!
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by aljharem(m): 5:10am On Jul 26, 2011
Freewilly:

where was your outrage when your freaking stinking awusa brothers were killing innocent women and children in the thousands in Biafra.

I hope the soldiers kill more of your people.

dumb dumb dumb, that was a war and we were different countries. Moreover did the yorubas and ND not do the same. Why single out hausa. I am not Hausa by the way.

lastly, your hope would not come to past. ideeiot angry angry angry
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 26, 2011
Is this a premeditated genocide? This is bad!!

how many people will be left in the city after boko haram?

force without intelligence undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided  By now, we ought to know who these men are,

This isn't fair at all,

@ Alj Haram,

They did worse in ND and you shouldn't be advocating against evil by pointing @ another evil done, you suck!!
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by aljharem(m): 5:12am On Jul 26, 2011
It is high time we have a good border force in Nigeria
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 26, 2011
alj harem:

Mr man as well, i think it is unfair that the Mr president did not find reason to send soldiers to ND but to borno. He needs to inform his men that not all borno residents are BH and as such and not go around kill everyone.  angry angry

from the way i see it, it is either those people are boko haram or they harbor boko haram. if u guys are truely against boko haram then u should expose them.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by aljharem(m): 5:14am On Jul 26, 2011
rafhell:

from the way i see it, it is either those people are boko haram or they harbor boko haram. if u guys are truely against boko haram then u should expose them.

How do you know who is boko haram or not? it does not show on the face.

the people are going about their daily duties before they were killed just like they did in Jos against the hausa/fulani/kanuri population there
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by jmaine: 5:18am On Jul 26, 2011
naijaking1:

[size=30pt]Collateral damage.[/size]

This is the very phrase sad . . .
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 26, 2011
alj harem:

How do you know who is boko haram or not? it does not show on the face.

the people are going about their daily duties before they were killed just like they did in Jos against the hausa/fulani/kanuri population there

and how did u know they are not boko harams. what u and ur northern leaders, who are sincere to themselves, should be doing is to go all out and expose the boko haram in ur midst. am sure ur people know them. i am yet to see anybody from the north including u come out to condemn boko haram.

lmao, instead of condeming boko haram, u are here trying to protect them
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by aljharem(m): 5:20am On Jul 26, 2011
naijaking1:

Collateral damage.

can you imagine, Please Naijaking1 in what sense is human lifes = collateral damage
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by aljharem(m): 5:24am On Jul 26, 2011
rafhell:

and how did u know they are not boko harams. what u and your northern leaders, who are sincere to themselves, should be doing is to go all out and expose the boko haram in your midst. am sure your people know them. i am yet to see anybody from the north including u come out to condemn boko haram.

lmao, instead of condeming boko haram, u are here trying to protect them

if you been reading my post all this days you would see i have been condemning them and not only me but others but in the north and on NL. The people they blow up are majority northerners so what do I have to gain protecting a terrorist group that does not speak my interest . Nothing

Now instead of you condeming the killing of innocent children, mothers and fathers you are "lmao" very very silly thing to do, don't you think
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by UpDates1(m): 5:45am On Jul 26, 2011
bokos again?
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by daomi(m): 5:55am On Jul 26, 2011
Pls nairalander dont let passion becloud your judgement,d issue of boko haram (western education is evil)is not that of a sect but of the belief of the hausas.i reside in the north before relocating down south.u need to see the damage the almajeri' has done to the entire north,
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by ektbear: 6:06am On Jul 26, 2011
Unfortunate.

But knowing the way the Nigerian military sloppily does its job, not surprising.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by sexy74(m): 6:12am On Jul 26, 2011
For the records;
The town Odi was almost wiped out when an incident involving the army and the order was giving by the then President OBJ. No one complained people said it served them right, innocent people were killed women and young girlS where raped at random no apology was giving for that by anyone.
The niger delta militant did not kill people indiscriminately and where mainly interested in kidnapping for money which is not still right morally.
The boke haram brothers kill a lot of innocent people, the law enforcement agencies that were sent there to maintain peace are been killed daily and the perpetrators will ‎​ into a crowd and disappear.
Sincerely do you expect the JTF to just sit and watch? They too are passing a message though angrily.
Let this senseless killing by both parties stop.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by buy1get2(m): 6:14am On Jul 26, 2011
people should vacate that place Now

well Somebody should deliver my letter to president

www.letter2president..com
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by sexy74(m): 6:16am On Jul 26, 2011
For the records;
The town Odi was almost wiped out when an incident involving the army and the order was giving by the then President OBJ. No one complained people said it served them right, innocent people were killed women and young girlS where raped at random no apology was giving for that by anyone.
The niger delta militant did not  kill people indiscriminately and where mainly interested in kidnapping for money which is not still right morally.
The boke haram brothers kill a lot of innocent people, the law enforcement agencies that were sent there to maintain peace are been killed daily and the perpetrators will ‎​ into a crowd and disappear.
Sincerely do you  expect the JTF  to just sit and watch? They too are passing a message though angrily.
Let this senseless killing by both parties stop.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by dayokanu(m): 6:17am On Jul 26, 2011
WHen would Odechukwu deploy these soldiers to Otueke?
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by adamabdul: 6:28am On Jul 26, 2011
Maiduguri vs JTF.Everybody is either lookin for a gun or an explosive coz they know the soldiers are fighting it is no more boko haram
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by kassanova(m): 6:35am On Jul 26, 2011
What is our luvly country Nigeria turning into, lawlessness now seems to be the order of the day. My brodas and sisters instead of pointing accusing fingers here, let us begin to pray 4 Nigeria because these Unwarranted killing's may be anybody's turn. God help us.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 26, 2011
I tnk all hausa/fulanis are BokoHaram! My reason?
BH wants SHARIA LAW imposed on all Nigerians, by force.
Hausa/fulanis, their emirs, religious leaders, technocrats, elders, youths, etc, are fighting tooth and nail to ensure that SHARIA LAW is imposed on all Nigerians.
So you can see, BH is just a means of spreading a northern agenda, just as Sanusi is!
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by sizzlers(m): 6:58am On Jul 26, 2011
Gud 4 d locals, dey say dey knw dem and they liv and dine wth them so let dem die 4 dem also. Since they refuse to coporate wth jtf then they must face d resultant effects
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Ekpoma1: 7:03am On Jul 26, 2011
kassanova:

What is our luvly country Nigeria turning into, lawlessness now seems to be the order of the day. My brodas and sisters instead of pointing accusing fingers here, LET US BEGIN TO PRAY 4 NIGERIA because these Unwarranted killing's may be anybody's turn. God help us.
You are on your own. What happened to the prayers we being praying before now about Nigeria? God have had enough. Lets resign 2 fate jor! What will be will be.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Ekpoma1: 7:07am On Jul 26, 2011
cogitoErgo:

I tnk all hausa/fulanis are BokoHaram! My reason?
BH wants SHARIA LAW imposed on all Nigerians, by force.
Hausa/fulanis, their emirs, religious leaders, technocrats, elders, youths, etc, are fighting tooth and nail to ensure that SHARIA LAW is imposed on all Nigerians.
So you can see, BH is just a means of spreading a northern agenda, just as Sanusi is!
You nailed it! JTK go ahead and kill them all.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Jakumo(m): 7:14am On Jul 26, 2011
One of the sad and tragic realities of armed conflict is that when soldiers lose men to an ambush, improvised explosive device, sniper or hidden enemy, those surviving troops will embark on a rampage of killing ALL living things that they encounter, in vengeance for the loss of their comrade in arms.

In such urban guerrilla war as is in progress in the northern Nigerian desert wasteland city of Maiduguri, the Geneva Convention is one of the first niceties to go out the window.    While civilian deaths are always deplorable in any combat situation, such killings are absolutely guaranteed, as soon as the first soldier falls to an enemy that chooses to hide among the civilian populace.

War is a dirty, blood-soaked business, in which the concepts of restraint and mercy only exist when there are witnesses with cameras present.
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by sizzlers(m): 7:15am On Jul 26, 2011
Lmao
Re: Maiduguri: Soldiers Kill 23 Civilians At Random After Bomb Blast by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 26, 2011
When the army comes into a situation it cannot be a tea party. That is d A-Z of dis thread.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Condemns Killing Of Health Workers In Kano. / Igbo Group Declares 7-day-Mourning For Achebe / breaking: Heavy Jubilation In PH Over Appeal Court Ruling In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.