Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Be Concerned About The Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Concerned About The Gospel (542 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet / I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Concerned About The Gospel by Joagbaje(m): 8:24am On Jul 26, 2011
. . . For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe unto me if I preach not the gospel! (1 Corinthians 9:16)

Every child of God ought to bear the same testimony about the Gospel as Paul in the Scripture above. You ought to be compelled by God’s love and by the Cross to preach the Gospel, for necessity is laid upon you to do so. When I think about what God did for me at the Cross of Calvary, I cannot but preach the Gospel. There’s a depth in God that no man will ever know until he starts winning souls for Jesus.

Wealth, fame, reputation and all the world’s symbols of success are meaningless compared to the depth of satisfaction, true joy, and fulfillment you’ll derive from making your life count for the Gospel. Besides giving financially for the spread of the Gospel around the world, you ought to personally seek avenues to preach the Gospel to those in your sphere of contact.

Be motivated to go all out and do all it takes for the Gospel to spread around the world and prevail in the hearts of men. Intercede for the spread of the Gospel in the earth. Necessity is laid upon every one of us – believers – to do this. It’s our Gospel ministry:

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation” (2 Corinthians 5:19).

Be concerned about the Gospel; and let your motivation for the Gospel effuse from your genuine love for others and your understanding that it’s God’s only saving power (Romans 1:16). If someone lives his whole life only to be famous, wealthy and recognized by men, without the Gospel of Jesus Christ being uppermost in his heart; such a fellow has lived an empty life.

Realize that your primary work on earth is to fulfil God’s Word in Matthew 28:19-20:

“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

This is the Great Commission; and it’s the Lord’s charge to every Christian. You’re to preach the glorious Gospel of Christ to all men in order to bring them out of sin, sickness and poverty. Nothing in the world should matter more to you than this noble endeavour.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege and opportunity to preach the Gospel. This glorious news is as fire, shut up in my bones and I’ll tell it everywhere. Thank you for your great power that’s manifested to save, heal, deliver, uplift and prosper all who embrace the glorious salvation that’s in Christ Jesus. Glory to God!

Further Study
Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1 Corinthians 16:22 AMP
If anyone does not love the Lord [does not have a friendly affection for Him and is not kindly disposed toward Him], he shall be accursed! Our Lord will come! (Maranatha!)

- Pastor Anita

(1) (Reply)

Uk Aid Threat To Anti-Man-Lover Nations / Titles For Our Leaders In The Church / A Wheelbarrow Using Learner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.