Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Nigerian Folklore And Mythologies - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Folklore And Mythologies (3727 Views)

Igbo Folklore And Mythology (A Moonlight Story) / Who Is Kiliwi Nwachukwu? Is He Real Or Just A Folklore? / Nigerian Folklore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Folklore And Mythologies by Booshman(m): 8:53am On Jul 26, 2011
Hello there,

I am a Black American, who is currently in the process of creating a comic book series. A proprietary work that respectfully focuses on various traditional cultures of Africa. Here's a little more info on it, in another thread I created.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-687904.0.html#msg8508427

(It's hard to talk about without giving away too many details, for copyright purposes.)

Now if you read near the end of paragraph two, under section two, you'll see where I mentioned that I am including mythological beings/creatures in my story. Being someone who has always loved mythology and folklore from all over the world, I've only heard of a few fantastic tales of African folklore/mythological creatures. But that was mainly from various Bantu/Central African groups and Southern African groups. Very few tales from Nigeria. So I made this thread to ask for help in this area, because the main cast in my story is from a fantasy version of ancient Nigeria. From different ethnic groups. Does anyone have any tales they've heard about a magical creatures (both good and evil) from Nigerian folklore? The same goes with magical people/heroes like Timi of Ede. (Thank you Rabzy!)

If anyone wishes to help me, to keep the format simple, could you make sure to clarify which Nigerian group the creature/person is from. On top of a little bit about them:

- What they look like
- If they are good or evil
- Where/how they live
- Special abilities (do they use magic or have special things like super strength or inhumanly fast speed)
- Do they have any weaknesses
- Do they favor certain human things like food, pottery, or jewelry

If you don't know all the details, that is fine too. It will just give me a good place to start, when I go to further research them.

Thank you for your time! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak 2015 Greetings Cards Images / Egbas Are The Former Igbo Warriors Of Southwest / You Don't Look African

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.