Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 (12760 Views)

Most Interesting TV Adverts / Most Annoying TV Adverts / Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by adcritic(m): 10:17am On Jul 26, 2011
This past month witnessed the debut of many ADS. Some made us ask for more so much so that we watched the TV regularly just to catch the glimpse of them. While the TV stations aired, we watched and have come up with the TOP 10 list for this month.

10 – DETTOL ANTICEPTIC (good health is in our hands)

This AD is educative and makes you want to wash your hands. Nice stuff.

09 – ALWAYS SANITRY PAD (good to go)

This AD landed this spot mostly because of the choreography. The AD as a whole was well done and finished well.

08 – MTN FAMILY AND FRIENDS (husband and wife)

The story line was well played out and we enjoy watching this elderly couple have differences on who they will prefare to be on their family and friends list.

07 – TOM TOM (I gbadun the tom tom)

The fact that they were trying to sell us voice clearity with a guy in the studio doing his thing the Nigerian way is a plus.

06 – PANADOL EXTRA (truck driver)

We love the song and we sing along always. We love the comic relief it brings with it and we laugh each time we watch it. We love this AD and the fact that its being on air for quit a while doesn’t really bother us because we are not yet tired of it.

05 – ETISALAT (N10000 FREE CREDIT)

This AD is not fantastic but people just love it since it started to air recently.

04 – TOP TEA (LONDON TEA)

This AD really really make sense and is sure to sell the product. The concept is just unique. You know, I just might ask for toptea if I visit London during winter.

03 – INDOMIE ( mama do good)

What more can we say about this one? Guess children who are happy because they just had indomie makes us happy.

02 – OVALTINE (walking on sunshine)

‘ am walking on sunshine oh oh…, ’ bringing back that Canadian hit song from the 80s is a smart move.

01 – VICKS (speak up Nigeria)

The first impression when you watch this AD for the first time is ‘aaawwwwwww.’ No long story. No unnecessary plots. Cristal clear picture. Superb audio quality. This AD is excellent. shocked

DONT FORGET THAT YOU CAN SEE MORE OF WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT YOU FAVOURITE AND WORST ADVERTS ON FACE BOOK. SIMPLY SEARCH FOR 'THE ADVERT CRITICS' PAGE AND LIKE IT.

Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by ellienowe: 11:25am On Jul 26, 2011
VICKS BLUE – GIVING NIGERIA A VOICE

FIRST THOUGHT

Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Isn’t that nice?

JUST SO YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT

It’s hard to describe this ad bit by bit as it unfolds because from start to finish, there is suspense and intrigue. You see, this ad is a combination of clips shot together and what these clips have in common is that they show people like us who need our clear voices to go about our daily lives. From the man who is excited and shouting to the world on a clif to the trader selling her wears to the over joye father whose wife has just been delivered of a baby girl to screaming football match spectators to the banker presenting in a board meeting to school children shouting the answer to the singer. Vicks believes in the power of the voice.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by aieromon(m): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
The Vicks and Fanta adverts are crap.Why is the Cowbell ad not on your list?
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by dammytosh: 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2011
Indomie should top that list. I have been looking for it as my ring tone. Fanta AD is just entertaining, not selling the product,
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by Kolade9(m): 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2011
Hey wa bout cowbell's advert. I can't believe u didn't add it. Every1 luvs d song. Ogbonge milki don come back again,
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by sizzlers(m): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2011
Indomie should top the list. Mere watching the ad shows u the potentials in every child if well harnnesed
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by mobiss(m): 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2011
In my opinion, i'll go for these 3 Ads: indomie,cowbell & blueband. But,d questions are why are most of 9ja Ads shot in S.A? Does it mean we don't av good locations & faces for these Ads?
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2011
Kolade9:

Hey wa bout cowbell's advert. I can't believe u didn't add it. Every1 luvs d song. Ogbonge milki don come back again,
Abi oh!
in my over twenty years of existence, no Nigerian ad beats this one in originality.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by 4reigningqueen: 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2011
the big black sweet wey get white line na tom tom na hin be tom tom.the sweet wey get menthol wey dey clear throat nko o na tom tom na hin be tom tom, O boy i still remember.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by WAVixen: 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2011
Kolade9:

Bros you be Wizard? I am vexing the the ad isnt number one, any way everybody with him choice.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by Ibomade1: 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2011
Is there a link to view these adverts?

But Cowbell must be in the top 10.

Back in Secondary School used to call a girl Cowbell because of the size of her emmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Until one yeye teacher wiped my Ar55 like crazy.

I no sabi wetin concern am  angry angry
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by SSaemoenl(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
If you are here to rate Ads, Go and watch Turkish Airline AD recently. So amazing.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by N101: 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2011
The Royco ads with the ladies singing in the market trumps the Indomie ad(s) any day.

Top of the list, definitely the Always ad.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by tpia5: 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2011
links?
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by malaria(f): 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2011
Indomie should top d list.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by lafuria1(m): 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2011
Na cowbell b numba one jor. Mama cowbell o.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by aieromon(m): 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2011
mobiss:

In my opinion, i'll go for these 3 Ads: indomie,cowbell & blueband. But,d questions are why are most of 9ja Ads shot in S.A? Does it mean we don't av good locations & faces for these Ads?

That's the reason why i dislike Always adverts with their dancing school girls angry angry
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by Delebayo(m): 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2011
Cowbell should top the list angry am sure it was an oversight, the music is d coolcoolest shocked shocked
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by methodman(m): 12:04am On Aug 01, 2011
That cowbell milk is crap jare. The best is still the Mama Do Good o, Indomie Rocks.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by oseo1(m): 12:25am On Aug 01, 2011
the cowbell ad is my ringtone right now lol the best in my opinioin
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by kedukc(m): 7:22am On Aug 01, 2011
Your list is rubbish without COWBELL, Quit fessing up to fake eurothink, #KarenifiedNaija
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by Markenny(m): 8:51am On Aug 01, 2011
@poster what of limca and 7up plus
i love there adv,
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by drmoney: 9:40am On Aug 01, 2011
Where is the LIFEBUOY advert on your list?
The one with the mother, child and school teacher.
It's my favourite by a long measure.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by Sourcecrew: 11:31am On Aug 01, 2011
No offense to anybody here,poster inclusive, but this list is a total crap without COWBELLOCRACY, ogbonge milk don come back again. Except that you have a yardstick for your measurements and considerations. But really, cowbell you top the list.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by Dgunnerz(m): 12:11pm On Aug 01, 2011
Without Cowbell! This list isnt complete ooo.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by SANCTO: 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2011
what about this ONGA advert with Kate Henshaw?, i rate it and the indomie stuff my best
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by lekyar(m): 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2011
Indomie's mama do well takes the cake, so real and connects with the typical Nigerian family unit
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by Nosyke(m): 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2011
For yours truly,
1. Indomie advert (tops the chat anyday anytime)
2. Fanta advert (Class teacher and student with swagger)
3. Fanta (boy and girl).
4. Always(Good to go, good to go, lalalla)
5. chivita (Activate your sixth sense)
6.Mtn family and friends advert
Others trail behind these.
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by ndigbo: 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2011
Indomie's 'MAMA DO GOOD' should have topped the list.
I want to make it my ring tone! Any one with a link ?
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2011
Indomie mama do good ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwSjs8MsjdM

Cowbell ogbonge miliki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOx8N5KW4Hc

will post others if possible
Re: Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 by pek(m): 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2011
I hate any advert shot outside this country. Here is a made in nigeria product, domiciled in nigeria, consumed by nigerians but ad is not shot in nigeria. What is the sense in that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa Or Gulder Ultimate Search? / Profile Of Dotun, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / Dear Zikora: A Movie About Family Secrecy, DNA Questions & Dark Lies (Trailer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.