Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,471 members, 7,770,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:10 AM

Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. (16076 Views)

Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 / Your Best Nigeria Tv Station? / Favorite Nigeria Tv Station N Worst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
Happy Independence Day Nairalanders.
I want to use this medium to expose some of the tv commercials that doesn't work as advertised. Below is a list of the adverts:

DETERGENTS: Most adverts on detergents (if not all) doesn't truely work as advertised. Ariel, Omo, Klin, among others 'one wash' adverts are scams. I have used most of the detergents on tough stains but 'e no dey comot once'. I'll have to change water and rewash all over before the stains will be removed (after hard scrubbing until my flesh peel comot).

VICKS BLUE: '...Vicks blue go sama dat ur cough and catarrh one time...' I've tried this when I had cough and catarrh but it doesn't work. At times, I end up taking a dozen of vicks blue all to no avail. If you have tried taking just one and it worked for you just lemme know.

ONGA: ...mama's helping hand. The advert shows that when you use Onga seasoning on any meal, it turns out delicious, chei! What if say na potty I dey cook, so if I just add onga d food go sweet, abegi! Tell me something else. Well, all na advert sha.

PANADOL: From the advert, when you take panadol for pain relief, you will be relieved immediately, ONE TIME! I have taken panadol when I had headache but I wasn't relieved of the pain immediately, I had to rest for a while before I regained 'my head'.
More will be sent, not until you post yours.

Long live Nairalanders
Long live Nigerians
Happy Independence!

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Afam4eva(m): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
ALL OF THEM
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Oziddy: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
toothpastes

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by misterh(m): 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
Lol. What's this doing on FP? Una wan spoil market ni? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
The Flourish Toothpaste Ads from Back in the Day.

The one where a woman stranded on a desert island uses here brilliant white teeth to signal a helicopter flying above.

Only God knows how many times I was smiling at the sky under hot sun,hoping that an aeroplane would park and carry me away. angry

55 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by djeezy(m): 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
They hype the adverts. Seriously we need to sue them for deceit.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
op.....is this supposed to be a joke?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
condom nar8-)......no rili na kondom...
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by SecretDreams(m): 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
MTN, its not everywhere I go angry

29 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Tholudee(f): 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
Always undecided undecided e no dey reach 8 hours

21 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by kstyle2(m): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
detergents......off topic.....wats up with d soap adverts with chicks taking their bath and dey wont show us d full package...jst their bck....it getz on my nerves lyk mad......show me evrytn......is it 2 much 2 ask

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
These are the kind of things NBC should ban! The adverts are clearly missleading. SCAMS
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Devalx: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
It all part of biz promotion.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by kstyle2(m): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
detergents......off topic.....wats up with d soap adverts with chicks taking their bath and dey wont show us d full package...jst their bck....it getz on my nerves lyk mad......show me evrytn......is it 2 much 2 ask.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by jcute: 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
advert of all the FRUIT JUICE....they tell us lies by saying 'PURE FRUITS' meanwhile, they want to kill us with colouring and saccharine...yeye people

22 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by iamswizz(m): 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
Theres this wè rè close up advert i hate eh... And why do dey always use people with white teeth for adverts
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Infomizer(m): 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
Commercials have outlived thier usefulness. Never came across any that works. Eazyblaze? Joke!
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
GustavoFring: The Flourish Toothpaste Ads from Back in the Day.

The one where a woman stranded on a desert island uses here brilliant white teeth to signal a helicopter flying above.

Only God knows how many times I was smiling at the sky under hot sun,hoping that an aeroplane would park and carry me away. angry
LMAO
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
MTN Fastlink advert cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Dygeasy(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
Tholudee: Always undecided undecided e no dey reach 8 hours
Why You Sef Dey Use am For 8hours? undecided

E For Don Dey Smell Nau!

Ahn Ahn. Later You Go Con Request For Head.

undecidedundecided

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by homesteady(m): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
Harpic - for washing toilet! In the advert - pour harpic on the suface of your WC, leave for ten minutes, scrub, then flush! And your WC will be sparkling white!
In reality, if you like leave it for 24hours, the stain will not go!

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by abdul4new(m): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
all na nigerian way of commercials shit
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by superstarjay(m): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
Same thing goes for dat peak milk 4 children dat mk a child so brillant after takin it#jeez#

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by poisonivy19(f): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
Sorry to digress,bt one advert am sure works z sensodyne.ve tried it and it does exactly wat d advert says z xpected frm its constant usage;helps wit sensitive tooth.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by strawgirl(f): 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
All true jare.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by 3ace(m): 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
chindi: More will be sent, not until you post yours.
True talk but OP, u wan dey behave like bloggers wey go dey use information dey do yanga abi? Post everything now joor. Abi na only dis four u get sef u come dey use scope?
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by strawgirl(f): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
All true jare. Happy birthday to me.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
Oziddy: toothpastes
girl go like u abi? I brush theeth 7 times with closeup, max and oliver self look me dey wonder, the babe still tell me NO

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by emmabest2000(m): 4:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
chindi: Happy Independence Day Nairalanders.
I want to use this medium to expose some of the tv commercials that doesn't work as advertised. Below is a list of the adverts:

DETERGENTS: Most adverts on detergents (if not all) doesn't truely work as advertised. Ariel, Omo, Klin, among others 'one wash' adverts are scams. I have used most of the detergents on tough stains but 'e no dey comot once'. I'll have to change water and rewash all over before the stains will be removed (after hard scrubbing until my flesh peel comot).

VICKS BLUE: '...Vicks blue go sama dat ur cough and catarrh one time...' I've tried this when I had cough and catarrh but it doesn't work. At times, I end up taking a dozen of vicks blue all to no avail. If you have tried taking just one and it worked for you just lemme know.

ONGA: ...mama's helping hand. The advert shows that when you use Onga seasoning on any meal, it turns out delicious, chei! What if say na potty I dey cook, so if I just add onga d food go sweet, abegi! Tell me something else. Well, all na advert sha.

PANADOL: From the advert, when you take panadol for pain relief, you will be relieved immediately, ONE TIME! I have taken panadol when I had headache but I wasn't relieved of the pain immediately, I had to rest for a while before I regained 'my head'.
More will be sent, not until you post yours.

Long live Nairalanders
Long live Nigerians
Happy Independence!
Lol grin
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
I've seen semo, seen poundo-yam even refined amala flour advert sef buh the pix below had neva one day in it's entire existence been promo-ed or TV-advertised, buh ee dey work DIE! grin

36 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Hadeyemy: 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
What abt corn- dorms
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Rolsberg(m): 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
k.style:
detergents......off topic.....wats up with d soap adverts with chicks taking their bath and dey wont show us d full package...jst their bck....it getz on my nerves lyk mad......show me evrytn......is it 2 much 2 ask
guy you harsh Ooo....you wan see every abi grin
emma_best2000: Lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sitcom Vs Soap Opera Vs TV Drama? / The Bisi Olatilo Show: Bos Is The Boss Of All Tv Talk Shows In Nigeria / Help Guys Can't Download Movies From 02tvseries.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.