Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) (59888 Views)

₦1,200 Tuber Of Yam In Ibadan (Pictured) / A Dozen Tubers Of Yam I Bought For N7,000 In Ogun Today / The Tuber Of Yam Man Bought For ₦1200 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Chisaedhor: 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2022
Pls mode post this to the right section (thanks).

grin Things are really get out of hands in Portharcourt.

This small yam below is 2,500 naira at Elelenwo Portharcourt. I just bought it from one aboki lol.

We cracked some jokes though and we became friends, he said he even removed small thing for me lol after mentioning 3.5k (3 pipe grin)

Its not a joke, how person wan take survive like this

What could this cost in your area?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by LogicBomb8: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2022
Very big for that amount
If una like no vote 4 beta person inflation no sabi tribe. No allow tribal sentiments and bigotry becloud your judgements

184 Likes 11 Shares

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Omihanifa: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2022
Here in Abuja that yam nah like ₦700-₦800

171 Likes 11 Shares

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Totilopussylick(m): 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
The yam looks very

Obidient smiley

If you don't have your PVC

Eat the yam and

Use the strength to go get your PVC.

263 Likes 19 Shares

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by 3ple9iner: 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2022
2500??

2 Likes

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Cardilac2323: 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2022
Chisaedhor:

This small yam below is 2,500 naira at Elelenwo Portharcourt. I just bought it from one aboki lol.

We cracked some jokes though and we became friends, he said he even removed small thing for me lol after mentioning 3.5k (3 pipe grin)

Na by force to eat yam

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Gunayo(m): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2022
I don hammer be that Ooooh. Make December reach make l harvest my yam. Farming is good.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
Big yam??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by NoQualmz: 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hmm
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by lilvicky68(m): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
I'd rather not eat yam than buy that Yam for even 1200

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by DOTian: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
Nigerians are starving and some of the causes are based on wicked policies and not necessarily a general paucity of funds within the government. Take for instance, the low protein consumption amongst Nigerians. This is because of the federal government embargo on the importation of beef, which has been in place since the end of the war in the 70s. Most Nigerians don't know this, but you can't import beef into this country. This policy was ostensibly enacted to help local farmers, yet, most of the cows slaughtered in this country on daily basis are all coming in from Mali, Chad, Niger and Mauritania! Is that not importation!? The foreign herders come in, sell, change their earnings into dollars and disappear through the borders without paying any sort of taxes!

The federal government has turned the Fulani herdsmen into some sort of monopolies in this area. They set prices and since you can't buy elsewhere, you must buy from them! In the east as at today, a cow is chasing half a million naira! How many pieces will the guy in the restaurant cut this thing to make a profit?? Even when there are obvious shortages in terms of supplies nationally, the government will never allow for importation to augment what is on ground. This has led to a situation where Nigerianns eat their meals with little or no meat. And this shows in the physical appearances of most Nigerians. Folks need to force the government to lift this ban. If the Fulani herdsmen have chosen kidnappings and arson to herding, folks should be allowed to import beef from other areas like Australia, Argentina or even other African countries like Kenya and co. Visit other West African countries and you will notice that even though they are poorer than us, they feed a lot better than us...

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
Point of correction OP. That is not a big Yam. That you paid big money for it doesn't make it big.

1. If I pay 1,300 for that yam, I no go fit sleep for night. Say wetyn?

2. Na oil city wey no dey grow yam you dey, so I understand why.

3. Even if you cook am in full, plus the gas, energy used, time spent cooking for me, I still no pay that amount. Kilode?

4. I'd rather use that money to take transport to Owerri, buy yam eat Belle full for inside the money, then transport go back to PH go relax. I cannot come and kill myself.

I remember posting the pear and mangoes i bought on two different occasions in Benin with the prices, and people went crazy. Some even said I was lying. Oya doubting Thomases food don set.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Arysexy(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
Buhari and APC effect.

Buhari pro max is warming up with Agbado and cassava on both hands grin

God forbid

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by 9182736455O1999(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2022
TheGiftedOne:
Point of correction OP. That is not a big Yam. That you paid big money for it doesn't make it big.

3. Even if you cook am in full, plus the gas, energy used, time spent cooking for me, I still no pay that amount. Kilode?

4. I'd rather use that money to take transport to Owerri, buy yam eat Belle full for inside the money, then transport go back to PH go relax. I cannot come and kill myself.

I remember posting the pear and mangoes i bought on two different occasions in Benin with the prices, and people went crazy. Some even said I was lying. Oya doubting Thomases food don set.
Lol. Who said you can't grow yam in an oil city.
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Oilwell(m): 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2022
Never Again

5 Likes

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Truthisunique2: 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
TheGiftedOne:

the pear and mango you buy for Benin no cheap?

Cos we get those things japrata for benin
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Truthisunique2: 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
Arysexy:
Buhari and APC effect.

Buhari pro max is warming up with Agbado and cassava on both hands grin

God forbid
May Tinubu not befall us

Amen

21 Likes

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Arysexy(m): 10:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
Truthisunique2:
May Tinubu not befall us

Amen

Amen

Isee

Asee

12 Likes

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by wunderkindkayod(m): 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2022
I was expecting at least 6ft yam.
Mod you don fk
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by excanny: 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
Agbado master grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by NneomaGCO: 11:45pm On Jul 04, 2022
Wow, the yam is really big o

I have a question though, Is it possible to have access to very cheap food items in Lagos? I am posing this very important question to all of us here because it is a thing of national concern with this inflation, sapa etc.

Please respond by clicking the link below and populating this survey. I need your help to get response to this survey.

https:///3R7PUMo

1 Like

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by royalair(m): 12:24am On Jul 05, 2022
Thank God I Don plant my yam seedlings stake am too. Last year's harvest was nice, I belive this year will be nicer grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by shaggy007(m): 12:35am On Jul 05, 2022
You want this nonsense to go to front-page?

You headline says you bought a big tuber of yam

And your write-up says it's a small tuber of yam

You're only deceiving yourself

2 Likes

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Lanretoye(m): 12:35am On Jul 05, 2022
TheGiftedOne:

if u read his post before you comment,will u die?
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by techWriter3: 1:14am On Jul 05, 2022

1 Like

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by remsonik(f): 1:16am On Jul 05, 2022
It's too costly. I bought 3 tubers for 2500 last month
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Wisetrue99: 1:36am On Jul 05, 2022
Everything don cost

Buhari is still busy junketing the whole universe!

Scam:

Buhari: to rebuild Nigeria, we must stay here together to salvage it! It begins with you!

Masses: Na him you no stay one place make we fit fix am together Why can't genuine change start with you
grin

5 Likes

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nicepoker(m): 3:13am On Jul 05, 2022
Gunayo:
I don hammer be that Ooooh. Make December reach make l harvest my yam. Farming is good.
That's when others will harvest too. When the product floods the market. Prices will crash.

4 Likes

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Chisaedhor: 7:56am On Jul 05, 2022
Lalasticlala since you no like yam na grin
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by shortIGBOman: 8:14am On Jul 05, 2022
Chisaedhor:

Lucky you. Here in the EAST, there's no #2,500 Yam. That Yam you bought for 2,500 goes for 6k here in the EAST. Price of things are too expensive here. That's why most families can't afford to eat in a day. It is that bad.

Hunger is really dealing with People here. FG must do something about this before, a pandemic will break out in the East.

2 Likes

Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Gunayo(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2022
Nicepoker:
That's when others will harvest too. When the product floods the market. Prices will crash.
That's true but l will keep mine till next year.
Re: See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) by shortIGBOman: 8:19am On Jul 05, 2022
techWriter3:

Lucky you. The last time a small Tuber of Yam was sold for #800, here in the EAST was, 2019. Now the smallest tuber of Yam is above #4,500. Hunger wan finish People here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Moi Moi In English? See Funny Replies From Nigeria Entertainners / Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) / Man Buys Frozen Meat That Was Produced 15th Of March (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.